• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

sn00zer

For 4 dollars more you can get every Tomb Raider minus Guardian of Light (which is another 2bux)

PXbwM.png

Daaaaamn

I have a few foils of the same card and they're the only ones available. I "accidentally" listed one at $4 hoping somebody would think it a mistake and buy it which would in turn eventually spur people into buying the other two because they're only an extra buck, but alas my Wallet balance is still $0.
It makes me wonder why there are occasionally high spikes into double digits on some cards. People who don't have paypal or what?

ArynCrinn

Banned
I really hope the next couple flash sales are actually good. Anyway, where's Deadly Premonition and Typing of the Dead for even -10%, they'd sell like hotcakes. Anyway, I digress, hopefully better flash sales for the last two I think...

Are they doing one more Daily for tomorrow?

denx

Welcome to the Moronia Falls.
I've got a couple of foils that are going to approach normal card prices soon without a single one getting bought because idiots keep undercutting each other.

I feel your pain. I have some foils that haven't sold for ages on the market, because people keep undercutting each other to ridiculous degrees. It was something of a miracle that I managed to sell a foil for 2 dollars, a Dust foil incidentally.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It makes me wonder why there are occasionally high spikes into double digits on some cards. People who don't have paypal or what?

Yeah, some folks use the market as a way to deal in Wallet funds, though in some cases it's a failed attempt at market manipulation.

Turfster

ArynCrinn

Banned
Kinda sad to see Volgarr got no love from this sales front page. Prolly the best old-school sidescroller in years and my definite next speedrun WR attempt.

And, Kentucky Route Zero needs a lot more exposure, needs to be a definite sale at Xmas, imo.

welp if guaca or nothing i want goes on sale in 6hrs this is going to be my final damage(counting all games obtained during sale)
Rogue Legacy
Trine
Super Meat Boy
Fez
Mark of the Ninja
Bleed
They Bleed Pixels
Dead Pixels
Dust:An Elysian Tail
La Mulana
Half Minute Hero
Just Cause
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Spelunky
Sword of the Stars:The Pit or the 2nd exceed game
Guacamelee Gold
Hotline Miami
Shadow Warrior Classic Redux
Giana Sisters:Twisted Dreams

denx

welp if guaca or nothing i want goes on sale in 6hrs this is going to be my final damage(counting all games obtained during sale)
Rogue Legacy
Trine
Super Meat Boy
Fex
Mark of the Ninja
Bleed
They Bleed Pixels
Dead Pixels
La Mulana
Half Minute Hero
Just Cause
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Spelunky
Guacamelee Gold
Hotline Miami

This is a badass damage list.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Rogue Legacy
Trine
Super Meat Boy
Fez
Mark of the Ninja
Bleed
They Bleed Pixels
Dead Pixels
La Mulana
Half Minute Hero
Just Cause
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Spelunky
Guacamelee Gold
Hotline Miami

Add me if you ever want any legit Meat Boy competition on your friends list. I kinda played the game for over 1000+ hours over the course of my life. So always looking for another fellow speed bro.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Rogue Legacy
Trine
Super Meat Boy
Fez
Mark of the Ninja
Bleed
They Bleed Pixels
Dead Pixels
La Mulana
Half Minute Hero
Just Cause
Fairy Bloom Freesia
Spelunky
Guacamelee Gold
Hotline Miami

I hope you already have Super House Of Dead Ninjas, otherwise you should add that to your list as well. It will fit in quite well and is a wonderful game.

The previous version of the game is free, if you want to try the gameplay out without a controller. http://games.adultswim.com/house-of-dead-ninjas-action-online-game.html

Why do I keep buying games on steam that I dont even install?

Collecting is it's own game?

ArynCrinn

Banned
I have a few foils of the same card and they're the only ones available. I "accidentally" listed one at $4 hoping somebody would think it a mistake and buy it which would in turn eventually spur people into buying the other two because they're only an extra buck, but alas my Wallet balance is still $0.

Definitely. The only situation in which you're guaranteed a decent sale price on a foil is if you're one of the first to obtain one; you can list it at, say, ~$15 and people like PalmDesert will snap it up. ;)

xD PalmDesert snaps everything up! :p

Then again so does Castiel and Alice.

Over $100. Doesn't include bundle stuff.

Tomb Raider Collection
Just Cause 2,
Payday: The Heist
Legend of Grimrock
Dungeon Siege I, II, III with Treasures of the Sun DLC
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream
Costume Quest,
Stacking,
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II
Quantum Conundrum Season Pass
Dishonored WW
Spelunky
Magicka Collection Retail
Max Payne 3 (WW)
LA Noire Standard
Wizardry 6, 7, and 8
System Shock 2,
Final Fantasy VII,
Papers, Please
Rogue Legacy
La-Mulana,
Frozenbyte Collection,
Two Tribes Pack
Left 4 Dead 2,
Terraria,
Skyrim,
Sleeping Dogs

ArynCrinn

Banned
You guys think there's a chance The King of Fighters may go lower before the sale ends?

Prolly not, they seem to think it's a golden goose like Injustice/Dead Prem/Typing/ all the new stuff. Which seems to fly in the face of a "Black Friday-type sale" where people specifically WANT the new stuff for cheap. At Xmas, people just shop around or buy the price their given. Or maybe I'm just too old and out of touch.

But you would think, that a Black Friday-type sale event, would produce lots of SUPER cheap deals and especially on new stuff. But again, I digress.

Neiteio

click on game on sale
look at number of hours remaining in sale
bingo

Look at the remaining time.
OK, thanks for pointing this out. :) Well, my brother was wondering how much time he has remaining to pick up Sonic Generations. I told him to wait for a daily deal. I guess he can pull the trigger now, but he'll be at work. I might have to pick it up for him and have him pay me back. :-\

(I already got him Sleeping Dogs and BioShock Infinite as gifts in this sale, so don't say I'm cheap!)

Parsnip

My damage is only 4,97€.
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Underworld

Unless something magical happens on the last flash sale (like say, Alice Madness Returns), that's going to be it.

Also, I'm still super surprised that I sold that Ittle Dew Stick Foil for $26.52 USD (20€) at the end of July. You might guess who bought it. I only listed it for 20€ because why not, didn't really expect anyone to bite.

ArynCrinn

Banned
I bought two copies of Dark Souls in this sale as gifts. One of the people I bought for (a VERY good YT challenge player who only uses 360) I can't get in contact with... But I fully expect Telesniper to tear shit up in Dark Souls.

On that note, if anybody can get in contact with SomeThodox on YouTube, tell him to check his YouTube inbox and Happy Holidays! I'm a man of my word!

Turfster

My damage is only 4,97€.
Tomb Raider Legend
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Underworld

Unless something magical happens on the last flash sale (like say, Alice Madness Returns), that's going to be it.
You're in Europe. Even if Alice goes on sale, it'll still be 500€ at 90% off.
(EA really hates Europe)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom