• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, I tried to play Deadly Premonition with and without the Durante fix and it didn't start. I keep getting a black screen and nothing.

I'm going to try uninstalling and re-installing it and hope it works.

To all: You're welcome :) I need to quote one message especially though

What a nice and positive post fellow GAFfer. Thanks for the Ep. 2 of Cognition, I'm almost done with the first one and will be sure to leave some impressions when the Steam thread resumes to its normal state. The start of the Ep. 1 gave me a vibe of CSI for some reason.

I have to tell you The_Monk that during my first times as a registered member I saw your very generous giveaway with a very emotional post to go with. I thought, what is this community that can spark that kind of generousity and a post that had a lot of heartwarming feel towards the community. I thought that must mean something. And yeah during my time with neogaf, I've actually read neogaf every day after I got my posting rights, I've found that this is a very passionate community and of those I've really been enjoying my time reading the steam thread every day. Maybe it's some kind of peer support for buying games and not playing them :p

But yeah I really think The_Monk inspired me to embrace the joy of giving and do these giveaways, it's a wonderful feeling and actually during this sale I've bought a lot of games to my friends too. I think I'll try to calm down a bit with the game hoarding though and start playing them - of course without any pressure, just play what feels good at the time. It's helps a lot that I now finally have a good rig here to use of. Really liked what kind of beauty I got from Skyrim, at least for my standards.

Barzul

I think a Green Arrow game would work really well. I wish we could see more games where you could explore both sides of the characters i.e Bruce Wayne and Batman, Oliver Queen and GA etc. I can just imagine it a game with the combat of Arkham games with the dialogue and RPG elements of say a mass effect. Really hope someone makes something like this game, especially since we don't have last gen consoles holding us back anymore.

Inversive

Is Wolf among us worth getting? I liked the walking dead games but £13 seems kinda high...

Anyway my damage;

Magic 2014 + Expansion (hit me up if you play)
Portal + Portal 2 (idk how i didn't already have them)
Far Cry 3 - Deluxe
Max Payne 3
Dishonored GOTY (dat price error)
Limbo
Sleeping Dogs + boat load of dlc
Arma II: Combined Operations
Brutal Legend
Fallout 1 + 2 + Tactics

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well, just bought Dust and CSD. I love NeoGAF, and Noogy/chubigans deserve more money than 0.25$ from a bundle.
You made a great choice, Dust is amazing. Stick with it if at first you're not convinced, because it's worth it. Past the 2-hour mark I was completely sold, despite not caring for the plot and characters at first.

I'm getting a giggle out the demo. Will purchase when done.
The full game is great, but I think I found the demo a bit more funny. Probably because I had no idea what to expect (I hadn't played the free mod prior to that). Completely worth full price when it was released, in my opinion.

Grief.exe

Ugh, I tried to play Deadly Premonition with and without the Durante fix and it didn't start. I keep getting a black screen and nothing.

I'm going to try uninstalling and re-installing it and hope it works.

Double check the readme and see if you aren't missing anything.

There were a couple things that you had to take care of prior to launching DSFix with Dark Souls. You had to launch the game at least one time before installing DSFix and you had to have in-game AA set to off.

This might have been mentioned already: Anyone who wants Toki Tori 2 before the sale ends, those 10% off coupons do stack. That'd make the game $4.49 by my fuzzy math. I have one if anyone wants one or the trashbots are out of them. :p

Barzul

So far:

The Witcher 2
Max Payne 3 (ROW)
Trine 2: Complete Story
Dark Souls
The Walking Dead (with 400 Days) got this from Amazon.

~Kinggi~

Banned
This might have been mentioned already: Anyone who wants Toki Tori 2 before the sale ends, those 10% off coupons do stack. That'd make the game $4.49 by my fuzzy math. I have one if anyone wants one or the trashbots are out of them. :p

There is a two tribes bundle that has 4 games including Toki Tori 2 for 4.59

Lol

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I feel a strange urge to buy Dragon Age Origins: UE, despite it not being available in my country, and already owning the base game and Awakening on Origin. Of course, I haven't touched those versions yet, and I think having it on Steam will improve the chances of remembering I own it on a 67% (which doesn't guarantee I'll end up playing it, mind you).

Is it good? And can it be bought with the method of putting a different game in my cart, logging in on the US Steam site with a different browser, adding the game, removing the first game with the first browser and checking out?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Damn NS2 looks fun but all I got it 98 cents.
KuGsj.gif

*Put random cards you dont give a shit on sale*

Prophane33

NS2 for that price is a steal! Don't mind if I do!

I actually thought it was a price mistake so jumped immediately. I don't' believe it is. Still, I'm sure I'll get the 2 something dollars I spent on it worth of enjoyment from it.

Edit: Damn it, the deluxe edition is useless, should have just got the regular one.

Momentary

Banned
The Stanley Parable
Shadow Warrior: Special Edition
Retro/Grade
The Dig

Or

Sennheiser 363d for $140.75

My wife said if I get the head phones I can't buy any games from this sale or the winter sale. She's kind of pissed that I bought a few space ships in Star Citizen last week.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
A Green Arrow game with the Tomb Raider bow mechanics. Believe.

What I wanted out of Tomb Raider was a survival game. A young, mostly innocent, naive, inexperienced survivor of a wreck on a deadly island for the story. Someone actually forced to survive and grow a a character, like what Far Cry 3 attempted for.
Perhaps some enemies to hunt the character down or to avoid, for added tension or one possible story (get past them and steal the boat/plane to escape the island). Deadly natives could also work.

An open world day/night cycle with variable weather. Range from beautiful and sunny to depressing and gloomy to downright deadly on it's own torms.
Non-stationary animal to track down and hunt, or those that try to hunt you.
Open island so you could get new items like ropes or learn the ability to rock climb to reach areas you couldn't before.
Multiple missions on how to get out beyond just killing all the enemies to get off the island in a linear fashion. How about finding a radio transmitter and then climbing a mountain to get the best reception to call out?

So on and so forth. Obviously I didn't get that with Tomb Raider, though I still enjoyed the experience, it would work remarkably well either with the original Green Arrow comics story (all alone on an island) or the current Arrow version (military prison island).
Then a sequel game can do a in-city open world with trick arrows.

I don't want Rocksteady to do it though with the Arkham style though. That amount of care and love for the franchise, taking inspiration and using references to the who past of the franchise aye, but not the game play or engine.

We do need more games with bow and arrow though as the best weapon however, smartly made with plenty of reasons to use it. Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, Crysis 3, and a few others are not much.

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Well I had a lot of the stuff from this sale...so I only got two items.

Skyrim - I held off because I tried it last year and was not super impressed. Already have 30+ hours in it now and lovin it lol.

Far Cry 3 - Was just waiting on a sale to jump on this Wish List item o mine. Will play it once my Skyrim fever slows up. Backlogged!

Prophane33

Wow, I got way too much this sale, I guess all I'm getting during the Winter Sale is some DLC (he lied).

Picked up:

The Walking Dead (w/ 400 Days DLC)
La-Mulana
Guardians of Middle Earth (gifted)
Final Fantasy VII
Dishonored GOTY (~3 dollars lol)
ET2 - Going East! DLC
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
F1 2012
Europa Universalis IV Extreme Edition (Nuuvem for around 15 bucks)
Teleglitch
Natural Selection II Deluxe (because I didn't realize the deluxe one added nothing of value)

Card Boy

Banned
Not sure if i want Natural Section 2. I rarely buy Indie multiplayer only games because of the dead communities they have. 500 players may be good for US and EU GAF but i'm willing to bet the game is dead in Oceanic regions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom