• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

I feel Enslaved is one you can wait on. I enjoyed it, but I think $5-$7.50 is about right and even then it isn't amazing or anything.

While I liked it on the PS3 for the most part, I guess I'll wait for it to be cheaper.

I liked Castlevania enough that I didn't mind it at $10.49, although I won't bother with the Epilogues.

Considered the best expansion to Civ V so far.

Also contains all of the additions from the previous expansion if you skipped that one.

Oh it does? I bought gods and kings just before that one came out... oh well, I probably will be spending less all things considered anyway.

My OCD is begging me to buy Civ V's two straggling DLCs

Apparently you only need brave new world

edit:

So I think I am going to get that... and maybe tomb raider... or perhaps still TL2 and maybe something else if something good pops up on that flash sale.

Cody_D165

Banned
My purchases:

Rogue Legacy - $5.09
System Shock 2 - $2.49
Papers, Please - $4.99
Spelunky - $3.74
Torchlight II - $4.99
and a copy of Super Hexagon ($0.59) which was raffled off to a GAFfer.

Total - $23.89

Not too shabby, I think.

Echoplx

Just Castlevania, Brave New World and Dishonored GOTY for me.

Castlevania is really good, so thanks everyone who was hyping it when it was on sale <3

BruteUA

Thanks to Family Sharing, I don't feel as guilty as I usually do for going overboard during a sale. I can justify my dumb purchases by telling myself they're for my bros too.

MRORANGE

For 4 dollars more you can get every Tomb Raider minus Guardian of Light (which is another 2bux)

PXbwM.png

This is one of the better deals of the sale if you don't own any of the tomb raider games.

1337Sauce

So wait I'm confused, there are still going to be deals tomorrow, like the rest of the steam sales...but they will most likely be repeats right?

I'm looking at picking up Endless Space since I have about 8.50 left in my wallet. Is it worth it? I haven't ever really played any game from that genre, but I have always been wanting to get in to it and Endless Space has always tempted a purchase from me in the other steam sales.

nacimento

It's great to get back to AoE II after so long... Pity I'll be travelling without a Laptop for the next 3 weeks. 3DS shall save me!

NotSelf

My purchases:

Rogue Legacy - $5.09
System Shock 2 - $2.49
Papers, Please - $4.99
Spelunky - $3.74
Torchlight II - $4.99
and a copy of Super Hexagon ($0.59) which was raffled off to a GAFfer.

Total - $23.89

Not too shabby, I think.

Nice selection prepare to become a spelunky fiend.

hitoshi

Might only work in Europe.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Painkiller: Hell & Damnation -- MB-46179A8B626F6381 - Taken by Tizoc

What did you think of the combat and gameplay at least on the PC ver.? Did they iron out some of the hit detection issues from the Console version?
It's been almost a year since playing through the game on 360, and I just beat the PC version recently. Some of the hit detection issues were still there, I suppose. If by issues you mean certain enemy attacks hitting you before the animation would dictate it should. Plus sides are: Framerate on even my laptop is higher than console so the combat feels a lot more responsive even with the hitboxes being occasionally wonky, and the hitbox issue also applies to Gabriel's block, so for blockables it's cake. Seriously though, coming from the 360 version to the PC version it felt like I was playing in like. . . bullet time. Everything is so much faster and fluid that I was doing stuff that I thought I couldn't do back on the console version.

Caerith

Oh it does? I bought gods and kings just before that one came out... oh well, I probably will be spending less all things considered anyway.

Apparently you only need brave new world
Brave New World only brings in the gameplay changes (religion, espionage, etc) from the previous expansion, but not the civs or scenarios. They were pretty careful not to make any of the DLC worthless.

Tizoc

It's been almost a year since playing through the game on 360, and I just beat the PC version recently. Some of the hit detection issues were still there, I suppose. If by issues you mean certain enemy attacks hitting you before the animation would dictate it should. Plus sides are: Framerate on even my laptop is higher than console so the combat feels a lot more responsive even with the hitboxes being occasionally wonky, and the hitbox issue also applies to Gabriel's block, so for blockables it's cake. Seriously though, coming from the 360 version to the PC version it felt like I was playing in like. . . bullet time. Everything is so much faster and fluid that I was doing stuff that I thought I couldn't do back on the console version.

What type of laptop are you using if you don't mind me asking?

Might only work in Europe.

tHANKS Hitoshi, I'll redeem the code once I get home. In case it doesn't, I'll let you know and delete the PM from modbot ^^;

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I have a question -

If I try to redeem a Dark Souls key on my steam account, where the game is not available in my region, will it be added to my library?

xJavonta

Banned
I'm so broke from Black Friday and this sale that I can't really afford Tomb Raider lol

Whatever, I'm sure the Winter Sale will be just as good as this one

Jzero

Good thing i ran out of money because i would have bought too much stuff. I'll probably spend like crazy during the winter sale though.

feel

Bought one Natural Selection II 4-pack to check it out with some friends, don't even care if we don't enjoy it, the thing is dirt cheap right now.

My damage:

Tomb Raider 2013
Tomb Raider: Underworld (already played through on 360 but eh why not)

Would have just bought the Tomb Raider bundle except I already own Legends/Anniversary and have zero interest in the previous games.

Farcry 3
Shadow Warrior
Pacman CE DX+ (already taking a break on this one after 10+ hours. Sucks that the top leaderboard position is hacked)

Waiting for the Winter sale in the hopes of lower prices on the stuff I passed on (Castlevania, Guacamelee, Valdis, Deadly Premonition, etc)

zkylon

zkylewd
ok so my disappointments with the sale so far:
* papers, please not cheap enough
* no bio infinite season pass on sale
* no ass creed 3 for like 10 bucks

that about it.

I got hate plus+gone home so I'm alright

Dreavus

I went with Spelunky, Dust, Poker Night 2, and 3 gift copies of NS2 this sale. (Hoping to get more people that I know in on it.)

Sucks that you can't do 4 packs when you already own the game, but at 2.50 it's no biggie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom