• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
As a AC fantard i would say yes. BUT the first 6 sequences are the the worst thing i have played this gen, after halfway through sequence 6 the game just gets better and just takes off.

My AC3 review in 2 parts

Sequence 1-6 (4 out of 10)
Rest of the game 8.5 out of 10

Funny, I'm the complete opposite. Haytham was the highlight of the game. Connor was the midpoint, and then the present day crapped out ending was the low point where I haven't bought AC4 because of it yet.

Btw, I had a quick look at the CDPR thread about their "don't see major power differences" between the consoles.

hugemistake.gif

Lies, comedy is never a mistake. Just pretend the whole thread is a satire.

Tesseract

Banned
Skullgirls: Character Color Bundle
Legend of Dungeon
The Pit Special Edition DLC Steam Store and Retail Key
Bleed
La-Mulana
Bunny Must Die! Chelsea and the 7 Devils

is my current damage at $19.44

yeah that's right, i bought the fucking color bundle.

TheSeks

Amazon's Payday 2 $10 deal is tomorrow, yeah?

If I wasn't a fan of demon souls, should I pass on dark souls?

It's more of the same with system changes, so... yeah. Pass.

TheSeks

Yep, along with a few other good deals to be had.

Here is the full list with dates :

http://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/wiki/amazon/sale#wiki_starting_11.2F24.2F13

I'm in for Payday 2 and the Metro pack.

Oh, in that case:

EnuofQy.gif
EVERYONE DOWNLOAD THE PAYDAY 2 DEMO TONIGHT AND TRY IT FOR YOURSELF! IF YOU LIKE IT BUY THIS AMAZON DEAL TOMOROW
EnuofQy.gif

$10 for a $30 not even... like... 6 months(?) old is a steal.

(In fact that demo turned my opinion of the series around and got me to buy the PC version of Payday 1, which is pretty cheap in this sale at $5 as well)

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Oh, in that case:

$10 for a $30 not even... like... 6 months(?) old is a steal.

(In fact that demo turned my opinion of the series around and got me to buy the PC version of Payday 1, which is pretty cheap in this sale at $5 as well)

The 4 pack is only $30 which drops the price down to $7.50 if you have a group of people you trust who want the game too.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the "You don't need to defrag when using NTFS" thing is an urban legend. You take less of a hit from fragmentation when using NTFS than you would with FAT32, but it can still have a negative impact on performance.

http://www.condusiv.com/disk-defrag/fragmentation-impact/

I look at it this way. Periodically defragging the HD can't hurt performance, and will likely help, so there's no real reason not to do it. The same goes for practices that keep fragmentation down, like not downloading one game in the background while playing another. As with anything, though, YMMV.
This is good to know, thanks. I'm still not going to defrag my HDD, because I'd rather keep pretending that myth is true. And I'm gonna read that article you linked later (I don't feel like thinking or paying much attention right now).

Aesius

So...it would be really awesome if I could play FFVII right now.

I've honestly never had a problem with DRM until today. Now I understand the hate.

rtcn63

It took you 3 games to realize you don't like them? WTH?!

Kept trying to give them a chance, since reports stated that each iteration was different. I didn't want to write off an entire series, but after putting more than a few hours into some of the installments, it really isn't for me.

I actually kinda liked Hitman Absolution until the Saints level. The court one after wasn't particularly fun either, and I just stopped playing.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
What happened to it?

Just a guess but I'd say Square Enix's registration server is getting overloaded by all the people buying the game for $4 and are required to sign up with them in order to play it.

Card Boy

Banned
So...it would be really awesome if I could play FFVII right now.

I've honestly never had a problem with DRM until today. Now I understand the hate.

I found a fix that remedied my problem instantly.

1. create a square enix account (if you already have one, login to the square enix website in a seperate browser)
2. on the site go to "my profile"
3. go to "settings"
4. go to "linked accounts"
5. Then link with your steam account
6. Go back to play FF7 on steam and login with your sqaure account
7. voila, your login through steam will succeed and you will get to play this awesomenes

From the Steam community hub. Basically all you do is link your Steam account to your Square Enix account.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Get Sonic and Racing Transformed

With that said it's not the best kart racing. It feels too floaty and "light". The transformation doesn't really handle itself well and isn't fluid. It's a nice alternative to Mario Kart if you're sick of it, but it doesn't hold a candle because it doesn't feel tight.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's not always online is it?

No it's really more of a "sign in once" kind of thing, though I did have trouble accessing the game when playing offline. It was trying to download my save file from the cloud and took about 2-3 minutes to time out each time I tried to save / load a game.

So pretty annoying really, but I think that can also be disabled.

SE are crazy with the DRM. Chronotrigger for Android cost me about $15 more than 20 years after it was released, and it downloads the game in chunks as you play it. The FF games require a connection to start, but at least they're good once you're in.

No it's really more of a "sign in once" kind of thing, though I did have trouble accessing the game when playing offline. It was trying to download my save file from the cloud and took about 2-3 minutes to time out each time I tried to save / load a game.

So pretty annoying really, but I think that can also be disabled.

You guys are confusing me too much! Should or shouldn't I get it????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom