• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
cthYp.png

Get this people.

This reminds me to email the Wadjet Eye people to see if I can get a Shivah key for buying the game in various older bundles.
(Steam whore is me. :( )

UnrealEck

Does anyone know if Nuuvem's Steam games are region locked and if they're going to be available on my Steam account in English? Some of their prices are exceptional.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anyone know if Nuuvem's Steam games are region locked and if they're going to be available on my Steam account in English? Some of their prices are exceptional.
I bought a game from them once (can't remember what) and it came up as a normal game for me.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Can someone get me Binary Domain from Nuuven and I get them a 4 dollar game from steam? All I have is steam wallet money and cant afford to spend more than what I have on the wallet.

Lulubop

I picked up Far Cry 3 on the amazon sale, and I feel like something is off with the graphics. To me it seems like it's running at lower res than native despite what it says. Is there a setting that makes the IQ look like shit? I can't get into it.

I picked up Far Cry 3 on the amazon sale, and I feel like something is off with the graphics. To me it seems like it's running at lower res than native despite what it says. Is there a setting that makes the IQ look like shit? I can't get into it.
Is it the overbearing AO giving a thick shadow outline to everything?

Saige

I must do better.
well papers please is every bit as tense as you might expect it would be.

Seriously every time you let someone pass through I always half-expect another damn citation report to pop up.

But I do weirdly enjoy detaining people (just so I know I won’t get another report).

My friend's PS4 is being delivered tomorrow, so he's taken the day off work to be there when it arrives.

...just gifted him Bad Rats so he has something to play while he's waiting. Feels...delicious.

well papers please is every bit as tense as you might expect it would be.

It sure is. I actually find it hard to go back to after finishing a game. But once you do it is time to get hooked again.

A nice way to lighten the tone is imagining that you are Cliffy B and that is the job you ended up with. Saying "too bad motherf..." every time you deny somebody entrance is great fun.

UnrealEck

Not sure about the IQ, but I remember the ambient occlusion is awful in that game. It looks a bit better if you lower it to SSAO instead of HBAO.

Derrick01

Banned
So how is Risen 2? It's only $4 on Amazon which is stupid cheap. I know it's supposedly dumbed down a bit from Risen 1 but I wasn't a fan of that game so it may or may not bother me. I guess it depends how it was dumbed down. Was it the exploration aspect?

So how is Risen 2? It's only $4 on Amazon which is stupid cheap. I know it's supposedly dumbed down a bit from Risen 1 but I wasn't a fan of that game so it may or may not bother me. I guess it depends how it was dumbed down. Was it the exploration aspect?

I tried it for a couple of hours (was in one of the Humble weekly deals). Thought it was pretty bad tbh - I know from your posting history that you have better games unfinished :D

RS4-

Trash game, don't bother.

Dambrosi

Banned
For the sake of your continued posting privileges, don't.

Hey - does anyone know if the Castlevania Ultimate Edition on PC contains Mirror Of Fate HD like the console versions do? I'll just get the PS3 version if not.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oh, wow. Far Cry 3 for $7. Kinda want to get it but I'm saving my money for Payday. WHY must these sales not be longer!? D:

Glix

Based on past sales do we think Pinball FX tables will be on a daily deal or is this the lowest they will go?

Pretty dick of them not to even discount the new star wars pack. Just like 20% would be cool.

Based on past sales do we think Pinball FX tables will be on a daily deal or is this the lowest they will go.

Pretty dick of them not to even discount the new star wars pack. Just like 20% would be cool.
I know, right? That was the one I was hoping to have go on sale, but alas, not this time.

Parsnip

This reminds me to email the Wadjet Eye people to see if I can get a Shivah key for buying the game in various older bundles.
(Steam whore is me. :( )
I did this, had the original Shivah from IndieRoyale all charity lightning bundle from way back. Wadjet are awesome.

Tellaerin

Based on past sales do we think Pinball FX tables will be on a daily deal or is this the lowest they will go?

Didn't a Pinball FX 2 Humble Bundle just end a couple of days ago? >.>

Arondight

Just got Dark souls. Wasn't sure about skull girls whether I should get it since I haven't been a fan of fighting games since SC but looks quite interesting.

Unrelated question I guess but damn, is Dishonored on gamefly region locked because that totally sucks. That price seems like a steal. Hope Steam sales does something similar.

KorrZ

It's probably one of my favorite games released on Steam this year. It's such a great game that kinda popped up out of nowhere to me.

I'd seen very little of the game before giving it a shot today. Well worth the $5! It's incredibly addictive. "One more death" spirals out of control just as quickly "one more turn" in Civ.

It has permanent progression doesn't it? Not very "rogue-like".

They refer to it as a "rogue-lite"

Burt

Okay, what the fuck. This thread got me back in a Dark Souls mood, so I go to boot it up and it immediately crashes. Reinstall, try again, same thing happens. Go online, apparently it's a god damn GFWL problem. Download the latest version of GFWL, go to install it, but it says it can't install because GFWL is already installed, and it directs me to launch it. Except I can't launch it because it won't connect to the server because I'm assuming that shit's been cut or whatever at this point. So, I can't seem to play Dark Souls until I get this shit figured out.

Only asking in here because I figure that someone else might've picked it up and went through the same problems. Anyone know the fix?

And people still ask me why I've sworn off ever buying another fucking Microsoft product ever again.

Gazoinks

Okay, what the fuck. This thread got me back in a Dark Souls mood, so I go to boot it up and it immediately crashes. Reinstall, try again, same thing happens. Go online, apparently it's a god damn GFWL problem. Download the latest version of GFWL, go to install it, but it says it can't install because GFWL is already installed, and it directs me to launch it. Except I can't launch it because it won't connect to the server because I'm assuming that shit's been cut or whatever at this point. So, I can't seem to play Dark Souls until I get this shit figured out.

Only asking in here because I figure that someone else might've picked it up and went through the same problems. Anyone know the fix?

And people still ask me why I've sworn off ever buying another fucking Microsoft product ever again.

This happened to me randomly one day. Go into Add or Remove Programs and uninstall GFWL, then reinstall it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Right click on the game on steam> Properties> Local Files> Verify Integrity it has happened before.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
It has permanent progression doesn't it? Not very "rogue-like".

It's roguelike insofar as you essentially start at the beginning when you die in terms of map progress, but yes your abilities / equipment unlocked are kept. There isn't really a convenient short-hand. I believe the developers use "rogue-lite"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom