• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Relax.MX

s6Fvo1q.jpg

Si o no? I already played System Shock 2 but i want a second rund with run with mods

Ifrit

Ok ok I found out what it was. Even though I had changed my default click to buy address, it still wasn't using it. I had to change the address that shows up on the small checkout box on the bottom right. Now it's letting me buy it.

Thanks for your help btw.

That's great to hear, never used the click to buy option. Hope you enjoy it :D

s6Fvo1q.jpg

Si o no? I already played System Shock 2 but i want a second rund with run with mods

Yo diría que si

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I wish. Steam achievements are just there tbh. I find no need to 100% steam games ever unlike trying to 1000gamerscore on xbox or platinums on playstation to increase gamerscore/level.

worse. Sonic all stars racing transformed is the best kart racer this gen btw. No reason to get the steam version if you already have it on consoles.

I strongly disagree: 1080p and especially 60fps with no drops and half input latency than on consoles are reasons enough to double dip. Game runs super smooth, a well optimized port which looks and plays sublime on PC.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
How easy is it to install on the Steam version? I don't like complexity when installing mods. Is it a all in one thing? Also i can't work out how to download it, do i have to register for that forum?

I used this guide on GOG to mod my Steam version. I don't recall having to register for any forums.

Super tempted to get System Shock 2, I know NOTHING about it.

Thoughts?

I wish I could go back and play it again for the first time. It's a gaming experience that is still unmatched in my mind. The sense of atmosphere and dread that builds throughout the game is incredible. I was on pins and needles the entire time.

Tellaerin

Do you still have to defrag the HDD when using NTFS? Was that just a myth?

Yeah, the "You don't need to defrag when using NTFS" thing is an urban legend. You take less of a hit from fragmentation when using NTFS than you would with FAT32, but it can still have a negative impact on performance.

http://www.condusiv.com/disk-defrag/fragmentation-impact/

I look at it this way. Periodically defragging the HD can't hurt performance, and will likely help, so there's no real reason not to do it. The same goes for practices that keep fragmentation down, like not downloading one game in the background while playing another. As with anything, though, YMMV.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Grabbed Dark Souls and Papers, Please. Just waiting for the eventual news that GFWL is patched out of the former.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
So what mods from that link do you use and are they all compatible with each other? They all go into the "DataPermMods" folder correct?

I used all of the ones on that GOG page, and just followed their instructions exactly.

Card Boy

Banned
AC3 is $7.50. Shall I continue my AC Amazon Spree?

As a AC fantard i would say yes. BUT the first 6 sequences are the the worst thing i have played this gen, after halfway through sequence 6 the game just gets better and just takes off.

My AC3 review in 2 parts

Sequence 1-6 (4 out of 10)
Rest of the game 8.5 out of 10

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
As a AC fantard i would say yes. BUT the first 6 sequences are the the worst thing i have played this gen, after halfway through sequence 6 the game just gets better and just takes off.

My AC3 review in 2 parts

Sequence 1-6 (4 out of 10)
Rest of the game 8.5 out of 10

Does it ever give you more freedom? I'm trying to play through it, but after about 4 hours in I'm feeling like the game is dragging me on a tight leash.

I'm at the first point where you have to destroy the cannons of a fort.

Card Boy

Banned
Does it ever give you more freedom? I'm trying to play through it, but after about 4 hours in I'm feeling like the game is dragging me on a tight leash.

I'm at the first point where you have to destroy the cannons of a fort.

It does, the first 5-7 hrs is basically a tutorial.

I want someone to invent a machine which will make me selectively forget things so that I can play System Shock 2 for the first time again.

While they were there they could also delete any memory I had of playing Fable 3. Not so that I could play it again, just because it was actually that terrible.

I want someone to invent a machine which will make me selectively forget things so that I can play System Shock 2 for the first time again.

While they were there they could also delete any memory I had of playing Fable 3. Not so that I could play it again, just because it was actually that terrible.

Haven't experienced System Shock 2 yet ; )

Shepard

Daaaaamn Far Cry 3 looks so good. Runs ~30fps on my system with everything maxed and no aa, but that's ok by me for the eye candy. Only played the intro, amazing.

denx

That price for the Blackwell bundle is awesome. Not buying it right now since I'm saving my money for other games, but if I have money by the end of this sale, that bundle shall be mine.

Btw, I had a quick look at the CDPR thread about their "don't see major power differences" between the consoles.

hugemistake.gif

New Flash deals almost here!!

Stet

Banned
If you don't have The Binding of Isaac, $2.99 is worth it. Play this version so you know what to expect when he remakes it next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom