• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lingitiz

Yeah. I have the Game.

I just think a 3470k CPU is the standard for a medium gaming-PC nowadays. Thats why I dont really get the "its not well optimized" arguments.

The core optimization seems to be pretty poor. The game looks pretty nice, but for what it's asking relative to how it performs, it should look way better than it does.

There's really no reason that people with i7's and Titans shouldn't be blowing my setup out of the water with this game.

YxEFbR6.png

LOL @ Origin.

SMH not using GAF dark theme

UnrealEck

So you should be good then

I actually bought Dark Souls from amazon while outside the US, and have played it outside the US too

It's actually preventing me from buying it. I can't click any buy button because it's greyed out.
I really think I need to use a proxy to get past it.

Kanokare

Hey guys, is there a way to have steam keep downloading a game in the background while playing an offline/single player game?

As someone said you should be able to if you have beta. If you don't have beta I'm not sure, but try right clicking the game you want to be on and selecting properties. You should see the option there --

7YDZJ84.png

Nymphae

Banned
I'm posting via mobile and I'm not sure how to quote multiple people easily, but thanks to those who answered my question. Buying Outlast!

neoism

It's weird, I just bought it and litereally clicked one button and was in the game.

But I think I may have had a Squareenix account already from from Sleeping Dogs or Tomb Raider or something. It just auto-found it for me and I literally went from downloaded to playing the game in 5 seconds.
dont think I ever did...
not sure why you guys just dont make a new account.. took me like 3 minutes....playing dat shit in 640X480 res :p :p

kulapik

Nobody answered before, but when does the Far Cry 3 Amazon deal end? I want to bite that.

Also I would like someone to buy it for me, I would pay in keys, but not yet, now I'm going to sleep :p

Kanokare

Nobody answered before, but when does the Far Cry 3 Amazon deal end? I want to bite that.

Also I would like someone to buy it for me, I would pay in keys, but not yet, now I'm going to sleep :p

The spreadsheet shows it ends 11/29. So it'll probably stop being on sale around 11 PM Pacific tonight.

Card Boy

Banned
Is Dead Island Riptide better or worse than Dead Island? I sorta enjoyed the first one.

Also why should i get Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed outside the free Steam exclusive characters?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Proof that not enough people use Enhanced Steam

U6KaSp5.png

Both are $9.99 on Gamefly right now

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
Do Achievements count towards your Steam level?

I wish. Steam achievements are just there tbh. I find no need to 100% steam games ever unlike trying to 1000gamerscore on xbox or platinums on playstation to increase gamerscore/level.

Is Dead Island Riptide better or worse than Dead Island? I sorta enjoyed the first one.

Also why should i get Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed outside the free Steam exclusive characters?

worse. Sonic all stars racing transformed is the best kart racer this gen btw. No reason to get the steam version if you already have it on consoles.

Oublieux

Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed is one of the most sublime kart racing games out there. I am a huge fan of Mario Kart, but this Sonic iteration of the genre is right up there alongside with it. The game feels fast, the powerups are varied, none of them ever feel cheap, there's a variety of karts with a wide range of stats, the boat/plane transformation sections keep each lap fresh... I could go on and on. It's just really good and even more so of a blast with friends.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
I did something stupid and had to cancel my CC, so, until my new one arrives, I'm living of bank payments to my Steam Wallet, which takes 3 days to register (it also has a 50 cent tax to do so, so I can't just keep adding money in the amount I need, otherwise I'd be losing money), so I can't really help anyone.

Also, there's an extra 6% tax I have to pay when making CC purchases on Steam now (on top of whatever else you'd have to pay me on paypal, I usually do a 10% blanket tax), so Unless I had massive amounts of Steam Wallet Funds (which I don't), I Wouldn't be able to help much....

I might be able to skip the 6% tax once my new card shows up, or at least make it smaller, and still be able to buy things on the spot, but I won't be able to test it until them. I should have an answer for the Winter Sale though.

Not as bad as the 20% we pay...

UnrealEck

Super tempted to get System Shock 2, I know NOTHING about it.

Thoughts?

It's great if you like atmospheric first person shooters with a wealth of character customisation you would find in an RPG.
Bioshock is the spiritual successor, though System Shock is more meaty in terms of the RPG elements.

Just know that it's dated although it looks great for its age when you install some mods. Also make sure you do not read any spoilers before you play it.

UnrealEck

This one?

Just tried it from a computer outside the US and it still let me buy it. Weird

Ok ok I found out what it was. Even though I had changed my default click to buy address, it still wasn't using it. I had to change the address that shows up on the small checkout box on the bottom right. Now it's letting me buy it.

Thanks for your help btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom