• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

While I don't mind Alien Swarm (it rocks and all), It'd probably be best if we played something that could get everybody that's interested in the same game.

monoRAIL

Banned
You should all try out Defcon - you can join multiplayer games with the demo. It's just limited to one demo player per game.

purg3

slept with Malkin
I definitely down for UT, I've been itching to play again. Are the meet up times EST.? If so I probably won't be able to make it until 10pm EST.

alexel

Hey what do you guys use to browse servers for games like counter-strike nowadays? I remember using Gamespy and then later The All-Seeing Eye as my server browser/game launchers since the built-in server browsers in games like counter-strike sucked. Do you just steam server browser, or are there still better programs like All Seeing Eye out there?

MutFox

Banned
alexel said:
Hey what do you guys use to browse servers for games like counter-strike nowadays? I remember using Gamespy and then later The All-Seeing Eye as my server browser/game launchers since the built-in server browsers in games like counter-strike sucked. Do you just steam server browser, or are there still better programs like All Seeing Eye out there?

*looks at title*

Ferrio

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
While I don't mind Alien Swarm (it rocks and all), It'd probably be best if we played something that could get everybody that's interested in the same game.

Alien swarm isn't a steam game is it? I know they're still developing the HL2 engine alien swarm

I suggest we get some Insurgency games going, so far easily one of the best HL2 mods and great teamplay

Cheeto

Teknopathetic said:
2K4, yeah.

Instagib, Jailbreak, whatever. (I'm heavily biased towards Jailbreak)
I like either, as long as it's low grav. Do they do jailbreak with the InstaGib mutator?

"Alien swarm isn't a steam game is it? I know they're still developing the HL2 engine alien swarm

I suggest we get some Insurgency games going, so far easily one of the best HL2 mods and great teamplay"

Doesn't have to be a steam game to get everyone together and go play something.

"I like either, as long as it's low grav. Do they do jailbreak with the InstaGib mutator?"

I don't think there are any instagib jailbreak servers :-/.

Jenga

Banned
Good thing I just installed UT2K4. I agree we should try out some mods. Kinda bored with regular UT. That survival horror co-op game sounds sweet.

Bit-Bit

Hey, I just got the Survival Horror Mod downloaded and ready to install. Someone set up something for tonight with it.

BTW, easter time zone here.

HomShaBom said:
Yeah I do that, and it launches an external application(guessing steam obviously), but no chat window or anything comes up.

Have you updated steam to enable the new community features?

Xrenity

Metalmurphy said:
In steam, open the friends menu, then go to Status > Online.
The whole Friends thing is gone :s

There's no buttons leading towards it, there's only a Friends tab under settings.

Weird.

Leonsito

ElectricBlue187 said:
I'm gonna have to buy that too, Painkiller has been on my backburner list for a long time

You should buy it, frenetic action, hundreds of enemies, giant bosses, awesome weapons, and great music.

kill Kill KILL KILL

If anyone more have it we could set up a multiplayer match.

Reikon

Leonsito said:
I've just bought Painkiller Gold Edition for $9.95 (limited price till 14th) awesome deal.

$10? Sounds good. I meant to get a while ago but never got around to it.

Xrenity

Gattsu25 said:
Have you tried right clicking on the steam icon that's near your system clock?
Well, yeah, of course.

Believe me, it's gone.

The icon menu has Games, Servers, Settings, News, Exit.

The big menu has: News, lots of blank space, Servers, Settings, Support.
I'll try my superior computer tomorrow.

Eric P

i have no idea where my copies of ut are

i love that game even if i'm not very good.

i wish steam would pick up Sierra so i could get my NOLF on

Reikon

Argh, I wish more publishers would allow us to register our CD keys on Steam. I counted at least 25 games that I already have physical copies of but can't register on Steam (though not all of have CD keys so those are understandable.)

fallout

MrPing1000 said:
Definately need a few European events. Be damned if I'm staying up to 3am to play UT2004 :lol
There's always the weekend, too!

EDIT: Beaten. That's what I get for opening 20 threads in different tabs and then not refreshing before posting.

HomShaBom

Banned
ex0du5 said:
I created the GameFAQs group :lol

6c2vz9k.gif

Top Bottom