• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Community -- NOW.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Can anyone replicate this in BF2? Im playing Special Forces, in the Neogaf chat room and whenever I type in BF2 itself I get kicked with this PB message:

You have been kicked via PunkBuster (for 0 minutes) ...
RESTRICTION: Unknown Windows API Function [131133]

"Can anyone replicate this in BF2? Im playing Special Forces, in the Neogaf chat room and whenever I type in BF2 itself I get kicked with this PB message:

You have been kicked via PunkBuster (for 0 minutes) ...
RESTRICTION: Unknown Windows API Function [131133]"

Punkbuster doesn't like the Steam Community overlay.

Dot50Cal

Banned
Yeah, I figured as much but on the official steam forums a guy is saying hes played a few hours with no problem. Though maybe he didnt open the game through steam itself with its add game function (isnt that required in order to get the overlay?)

Xavien

has anyone else been unable to get SHIFT+TAB working for any of their games? I can't seem to get it to work, i have made sure the in-game community check box is enabled and the key is definitely SHIFT+TAB, but nothing happens in any game i try.

Any ideas?

My steam client isn't and different nor does any of the chat commands work on my steam site...what the heck guys?

Edit: Yes, Ive set it to beta in settings.

epmode

Xavien said:
has anyone else been unable to get SHIFT+TAB working for any of their games? I can't seem to get it to work, i have made sure the in-game community check box is enabled and the key is definitely SHIFT+TAB, but nothing happens in any game i try.

Any ideas?
It seems to only work with Direct3D games, so maybe that's it? Try the command in a Valve game.
bdizzle said:
anyone figure out how to get steam to work with firefox?
Works fine for me.

epmode said:
It seems to only work with Direct3D games, so maybe that's it? Try the command in a Valve game.Works fine for me.

what ver of ff do u have? im still on 1.5. when i click a link i get the protocol handler error message in ff

EDIT: doesnt seem to work in ie7 on vista either

epmode

bdizzle said:
what ver of ff do u have? im still on 1.5. when i click a link i get the protocol handler error message in ff

EDIT: doesnt seem to work in ie7 on vista either
I'm almost positive this isn't your issue, but are you running both programs with different user credentials? I'm normally on a limited user account in XP for security reasons, but I run Steam as an admin. If I want Firefox to properly interface with Steam, I have to run it as admin as well.

"Don't have Trackmania, :(

Is it possible to do non-steam games? Maybe we could have an Unreal 2k4 night?"

Technically, it's possible to put down an event for any game, however, if you set the event type as "Play a game" you have to choose a game from the drop down list and those are only some of the Steam games (there's no choice for Trackmania United, for example.)

saelz8

WhatRUon, I dont see why not. You can pretty much link to any game IP through the scheduler. It won't show up as "So and so is playing so and so", but it'll be a way to communicate to everyone in GAF group.

Would a IP hotlink work? (Since the scheduler page runs on IE). I imagine it would, not sure.

Between a shot of andrenaline in Steam, a great new Quake Wars beta phase, and a new MMO beta, my poor consoles aren't going to get touched again until we're into autumn at this rate. I'll have to try set aside an hour a weak to try give my slow push through FFV some love.

I'm game for any scheduled GAF group CS matches. I don't play it much but I like it now and again just to try keep my aiming a little sharp amidst RPGs and RTS. Quake Wars beta testing has likely helped a bit, though, as of late.

Aegus

If we're doing events we should make sure to specify If it's going to be a US/EU/Asian server that will probably be used.

1-D_FTW

Anyone with the power to invite into the GAF group, let me know when you're gonna be in chat next.

ID is StalkerU and I'd love to join. Just tried now and there wasn't much activity.

1-D_FTW said:
Anyone with the power to invite into the GAF group, let me know when you're gonna be in chat next.

ID is StalkerU and I'd love to join. Just tried now and there wasn't much activity.

Its a public group. Just click the join button.

saelz8

With UT2k4 (And most games, I'm sure), you could make a server hotlink like so - Three Map Wonder (Chicago), and paste it into the event message.

Bracket URL="ut2004://66.225.194.171:7777/"]Three Map Wonder (Chicago)[/URL Bracket

If you click the above hotlink with UT2K4 installed, you should go straight into the server

Natsume

Is it just me or when you try and go on any profile does it say it doesn't exist? I tried going on mine and some others from here and it keeps telling me they don't exist and my log in details are incorrect.

DantesWrath said:
How the hell do you enter in the chatroom? I keep on clicking "Enter NeoGAF's chatroom" but nothing ever happens.

I have the same problem.

Edit:

jet1911 said:
For the Trackmania Event, 9pm EST or PST?

Neat, it seems to automatically show it in your own timezone, because it says 6PM for me.

platypotamus said:
I have the same problem.

Edit:

Neat, it seems to automatically show it in your own timezone, because it says 6PM for me.

To do the chatroom, you must have the steam client on and updated to support the community beta

firex

I should've joined in CS:S last night, but the daily show was coming on. Then I saw it was a rerun. Anyway, I don't own Trackmania either... and I've really spent too much on that id Super Pack to justify buying Trackmania right away, so I'll have to opt out of that.

But I have CS:S, DOD, DOD:S, and some other older multiplayer stuff, along with Insurgency and Dystopia (never really played Insurgency though). I'll probably pick up Red Orchestra at some point since I love tactical FPS. I'm just listing what I have that I know will work fine on Steam.

Top Bottom