• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

did anything cool happen on the psx thing?

i have a headache and can't stand to watch more executives talking

yeah, Squeenix delivered one of the biggest trolls ever

FF7 coming to PS4!

*trailer starts

hey this is the original version, surely it'll switch to the remake version midway

trailer ends*

This is the PC version! Please be excited!

Arthea

They've already said No Man's Sky is coming to PC a long time ago, in an interview. I need this game in my veins. It's too good.

we knew it's a PC game... before Sony took them under their wing, not a word after that I know of, would like to be proven wrong, like a whole lot ;)

Asgaro

Having some fun with mini ninjas, I'm liking it more than I expected, pretty simple hack and slash with multiple characters to unlock and some magic spells, items, leveling up, etc, and environments are varied, it's pretty good looking too.

Lovely game indeed!
Enjoyed it.

minininjas.PNG

Khronico

I actually laughed out loud when I realized that FF7 was just a port. That was such an audacious troll I can't even be mad.

Also that new KF2 footage
31ce85d53d4ab5eae8d60ee63a0f1330.jpg

Jawmuncher

The GI issue shed more light on the title and there has been snippets of other gameplay like shooting a robot. But if any game needed a live playing it was that.

Tizoc

Shovel Knight isn't even discounted Volvo!
...and yet I'm getting it ful price day 1 when its on the Vita.

Arthea

Why is everyone so excited for No Mans Sky. We still didnt see more "deep" gameplay than flying and running around, did we?

Actually we seen a tad more, I posted a trailer with space battles some time ago (long ago already), and it supposedly had even more going on, like spacefarer sim more or less, but in latest trailers we see almost no gameplay and that has me worried, I'll admit.

I think everybody is excited about what the game could be since nobody really knows what it really is

Yeah. I was stunned last year, but till now... they showed almost the same stuff over and over again.
I wouldnt wonder if its really just flying around and walking around on procedural generated planets without much gameplay besides that.
Maybe include some coop-mode.

Actually we seen a tad more, I posted a trailer with space battles some time ago (long ago already), and it supposedly had even more going on, like spacefarer sim more or less, but in latest trailers we see almost no gameplay and that has me worried, I'll admit.

Yeah. I remember the space battle trailer, but I dont get it. It doesnt fit with what Hello Games said that the chance to encounter other ships is like 0,05% or something like that.

zkylon

zkylewd
yeah, Squeenix delivered one of the biggest trolls ever

FF7 coming to PS4!

*trailer starts

hey this is the original version, surely it'll switch to the remake version midway

trailer ends*

This is the PC version! Please be excited!
lol oh my god

that's hilarious

drizzle

Axel Hertz

Shovel Knight developer said that the game wouldn't be discounted in any sales (Autumn or Winter) because they want to provide free content for the game.

Hey all. There are no plans quite yet for Shovel Knight to make a discounted appearance during this holiday season. The team here continues to be 100% focused on providing free update content for the game with our goal being that we can maximize your proverbial "bang for you buck" by making the game that much better.

If Shovel Knight just isn't yet at your personal value vs price point for you, I recommend taking a look at the seemingly limitless variety of discounted games available during the sale! We had an excellent thread on this very forum where everyone chipped in their personal recommendations for titles similar to this one. I even have a post in there myself!

Thanks again to all Shovel Knight players! Whether you just picked it up this weekend or were with us way back when we were just embarked on the game's development.

I doubt we'll see a price drop/sale anytime soon. Depending on the games I buy on the Winter Sale, I might get it full price, as I missed the kickstarter.

I have a super old Steam-key for Batman: Arkham City (from back when Nvidia was bundling it with their cards).

Will this activate as Game of the Year Edition or just the regular one?

Grief.exe

That was Yacht Club's choice.

They really should have applied a 15% discount and gotten it on the front page during the Exploration and Winter sales. Front page of Steam equates to massive revenue.

Tizoc

That was Yacht Club's choice.

They really should have applied a 15% discount and gotten it on the front page during the Exploration and Winter sales. Front page of Steam equates to massive revenue.

Well a GAFfer was offering it for I think $10 in the BST thread so I'll consider that option.

I see Sony is continuing its habit of lying via omission.
It's not really lying because, unless I'm mistaken, no one mentioned the word exclusive when Unchained was shown. Even console exclusive would have been correct.

Nonetheless, I hate the fact that Arkham Knight looks to be getting DLC exclusive to the PS4. This is definitely being moved from pre-order to wait for a sale and all the DLC.
I'm watching this PSX thingy and it might as well be a PC game conference. Almost all of these games shown are coming to PC. Some games even used PC footage (Dungeon Defenders 2). You just need to ignore the PlayStation Nation etc. bullshit and you won't know the difference.
That's pretty much why I watched it. Bloodborne did make me pine for a PS4 but then I remembered that I should finish Dark Souls 2 and get the DLC.
Ughh, if cross platform play means no Steamworks for SF5, I think I'll pass.

400$ of plastic with a logo.
I was thinking that it'd work like Portal 2. That was cross-platform, right?

derExperte

Shovel Knight developer said that the game wouldn't be discounted in any sales (Autumn or Winter) because they want to provide free content for the game.

He said they had no plans 'yet'. It probably won't happen but there's a tiiiiiiny chance.

lol oh my god

that's hilarious

Though it's not like anyone else had something much more interesting to show, a bunch of remakes, rereleases, boring gameplay mostly of games we've already seen and so on. I applaud SE for their shameless 'fuck this, here's old shit, now clap' approach.

Why is everyone so excited for No Mans Sky. We still didnt see more "deep" gameplay than flying and running around, did we?
Tbh I am more excited about the possibilities than what has been actually shown.

There was shooting (fps) in one of the earlier trailers. Resources can be gathered but for what purpose? Is there an economy in the game or can you craft stuff with it?

And when I am honest, I am tuning my expectations to be basically a huge open-world without any missions or campaign. And what has been shown so far looks like it will give me many hours of enjoyable playtime even without any story or missions. Just exploring different star systems and planets. Discovering new alien species; friendly and hostile. Fighting against robots and aggressive wildlife. Or just cruising in space, having dogfights starting in space and continuing on planets.

Even if only these will be available in the final game, that would be plenty enough for me to enjoy myself for many hours.

Anything on top of this - campaign, missions, crafting - will be just the icing on the cake.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Yeah. I was stunned last year, but till now... they showed almost the same stuff over and over again.
I wouldnt wonder if its really just flying around and walking around on procedural generated planets without much gameplay besides that.

They hype the "everything procedural" fact up every time but.....I personally need more then this.
I said this before, but if everything is random, nothing is special.

zkylon

zkylewd
Though it's not like anyone else had something much more interesting to show, a bunch of remakes, rereleases, boring gameplay mostly of games we've already seen and so on. I applaud SE for their shameless 'fuck this, here's old shit, now clap' approach.

not sure if applauding is the right response lol

also i watched the grim fandango trailer, looked pretty good

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
My expectation for No Man's Sky is that it'll produce some really nice screenshots.

I really doubt it'll hold a candle to anything like like the X series, Tie-Fighter, or Elite. But here's to optimism and pleasant surprises.

Arthea

Yeah. I remember the space battle trailer, but I dont get it. It doesnt fit with what Hello Games said that the chance to encounter other ships is like 0,05% or something like that.
that's one of first descriptions of NMS by Murray:
Everybody gets a planet. That's how No Man's Sky starts — with at least a planet and a ship. If you want to move skyward, you've got things to do.

"You're going to start out with a ship that isn't even capable of interstellar travel," Murray said. "Your very first ship is only going to be able to go around the solar system, and you're going to have to upgrade the ship to be able to travel further and then upgrade your ship again and travel a little bit further than that and jump to the next little existence, get your hyper drive, upgrade to hyper drive."

On the outer rings of the galaxy where you start, resources will be relatively plentiful. But as players inch their way lightyear by lightyear to the galaxy's center, resources become rarer and more valuable. There's a built-in economic incentive to travel.

This is the gameplay loop. Or, to be more accurate, this is one possible gameplay loop. You don't have to do any of that. You can spend your time with your feet planted on terra firma. Become a botanist, if that's your thing. The world is yours, after all.

Or you could become an interstellar explorer. Or a pirate. Or a zookeeper on Tralfamadore, a planet you discovered and named. Whatever boosts your rockets. Point is, you can make your own way and write your own story because that's what Hello Games wants you to do.

It's not, Sean Murray explained, all that dissimilar from a roguelike, the genre known for its procedurally generated levels. Except that in No Man's Sky, Hello Games is procedurally generating a universe.

That's what got me hyped, it's like my dream game of forever (><)

My guess is that there were many games announced for Vita.

They're all ports of stuff that's been dirt cheap on PC forever (mostly).
And after experiencing BoI:R, it makes one wonder how competent some of the ports (like GeoWars3) will be.

Better than nothing, I guess.

--

Speaking of Sony...

My god at that Uncharted 4 gameplay...

ebzxfq.gif

Bloodborne, GG Xrd, and this? :\

tumblr_mldfv2jD5G1rvnnvyo4_250.gif

Top Bottom