• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Pranay

the best thing about vita is ps+. Thats it i guess.

I have been satisfied with PS+ games till now. Havnt bought a single game

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Asgaro, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure -- MB-5A2BB5F6B72C8C7A - Taken by ussjtrunks. 8 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-ABF964EC43D14C79 - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.
Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs -- MB-3E60D3F5D94B144F - Taken by Naked Snake. 7 entrants total.
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-002F07D07DD3234E - Taken by CheesecakeRecipe. 6 entrants total.

t1417908504z1.png

Hugstable

Banned
the best thing about vita is ps+. Thats it i guess.

I have been satisfied with PS+ games till now. Havnt bought a single game

Best thing about Vita is Wipeout, which was PS+. RIP Studio Liverpool :( Whatever happened to the folks from Studio Liverpool? I hope someday they reform and maybe go Multiplat so we can have that amazing Wipeout speed on Steam also. I just want Wipeout back :(

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Finally finished X-Com: TFTD.

I didn't enjoy that nearly as much as I enjoyed UFO Defense.

Wat? localization of yakuza? hell forze over?

That's great! Now to wait for Grief to make another petition focusing solely on Yakuza...

Jan 27th for Grim Fandango Remastered, PC/Mac/Linux

also
Day of the Tentacle Special Edition is coming!

I'm glad that we finally have a release date for Grim Fandango, but Day of the Tentacle is what makes me even more elated.

Waking up and seeing that yakuza 5 news is a good way to start my birthday off

Happy birthday!

Wow. PS4 will get a port of the new FFVII PC version.

PC being lead, console just afterthought.

What a time to be alive.

That FFVII thread is incredible. It's been a while since I've seen salt like this.

Speaking of Sony...

My god at that Uncharted 4 gameplay...

Bloodborne, GG Xrd, and this? :\

Just think, it'll be as good as Uncharted 2!

:p

Momentary

Banned
Keep telling yourself that.

I'll believe it when I see it, considering Aksys/ASW has said they're juding PC interest from the sales of the old games they put up that are more collector's items than games people are actually buying to play seriously.

You sound like this guy I know that I always keep proving wrong about stuff like this.

Why is everyone so excited for No Mans Sky. We still didnt see more "deep" gameplay than flying and running around, did we?

I'm losing interest in the game very quickly.

Nzyme32

Even the first couple months of next year are looking phenomenal, we have MGSV: GZ to round out 2014, then Ori and the Blind Forest, Below, REmake, GTAV, Grim Fandango, Killing Floor 2(?), Evolve, Dying Light, Witcher 3, and who knows what else I'm forgetting.

Haha, yeah. I think it might just be in my head, and that my laptop is barely handling more recent games, all while I am still unemployed and don't have the cash to start my new machine. Guess I should work even harder on that

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
can someone explain the meltdown? I missed the show.

Final Fantasy HD remakes have been rumored for years in the Playstation fanbase. Square Enix takes the stage to announce something, cue dramatic pauses and gasps. Fans begin to lose their minds as Final Fantasy 7 appears on screen. Then they lose their tempers when they realize it isn't the HD remake they dreamed of all these years, it was just a port of the PC version released this year.

Can anyone explain Dungeon Defenders 2 to me?

I bought the base game and then saw there is some "collectors edition" on Steam with 130$ ingame currency.
I mean does it have like micro transactions or what???

bikinis are NSFW but that shit is ok? Makes sense.

Final Fantasy HD remakes have been rumored for years in the Playstation fanbase. Square Enix takes the stage to announce something, cue dramatic pauses and gasps. Fans begin to lose their minds as Final Fantasy 7 appears on screen. Then they lose their tempers when they realize it isn't the HD remake they dreamed of all these years, it was just a port of the PC version released this year.

damn. Cold Blooded.

Arthea

I'm not sure it is possible to describe, seeing is a key, but here you go
Hashimoto? says "please be excited" and huge FF7 logos are shown on the screen and it's said you wanted FF7 on PS4? Everybody assumes it's a full remake, and I mean everybody! they were doing it on purpose (SE), and then they say it's exclusive port of PC port (><)
Mindblowind level of master trolling, I wasn't aware such levels can be reached.

edited: seriously? we are posting such gifs now? where is abomination when I need to quote him.

Grief.exe

Best part of the segment. I was laughing so hard.

Haha, yeah. I think it might just be in my head, and that my laptop is barely handling more recent games, all while I am still unemployed and don't have the cash to start my new machine. Guess I should work even harder on that

The good news is, most of those games won't be difficult to run or prohibitively expensive.

Looks like a great screensaver. So far I have no idea what you actually do in the game.
Great style and music, but I don't understand the ridiculous amount of hype.
That's totally fine. Not every game concept has to be appeal to one.

I had similar feelings about Bayonetta and Shovel Knight. There is a lot of appreciation for those games but I cannot see any joy in those games for me. I tried . Watched loads of gameplay videos. But they just don't click with me.

With No Man's Sky, it is really the game I dreamed of since my childhood. Seamless flight from deep space until the surface of planets and continuing in fps on said planet.
-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e19kK-Cmuwc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WeBSwfHycs0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qx_J4F9xe8g

have a seat, here's the area where we wait for the early access
next door you'll see people waiting for mount and blade 2
the building in the front is people waiting for dragon's dogma on pc
Ah sweet! Killing Floor had a trailer in the show. Nice.
-
Also, just a heads-up. The stream here http://www.twitch.tv/playstation is still going on with many gameplay sessions and dev talks. Pretty interesting.
Just now there was a lengthy session of dying light which looks really cool.
And if I am not mistaken sometime around later (soon?) there will be a gameplay session together with the devs of no man's sky. So hopefully we'll get some more insight.
-
Also, downloading Uncharted 4 video off gamersyde (torrent) currently. Only ~15mins left.
Excited to see some high-quality footage :3

BruteUA

I mean, it clearly doesn't belong here, and there's so many levels of wtf going on.....

But I'm laughing so hard I've got tears.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Why aren't bikinis and waifus allowed..? What kind of awful forum is this?!

Honestly waifus aren't that bad as long as the pictures/gifs aren't NSFW; just don't post them constantly and it'll be fine. Bikinis and other forms of partial nudity are generally frowned upon because people frequently browse Gaf at work :p

Honestly waifus aren't that bad as long as the pictures/gifs aren't NSFW; just don't post them constantly and it'll be fine. Bikinis and other forms of partial nudity are generally frowned upon because people frequently browse Gaf at work :p

Fair enough! Bikini's and general partial nudity on weekends only then. : p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Split/Second is the Singularity of racing games

Pranay

Because C3 had really good faces in 2013. :D And if i would post that in U4 thread there would be bloodbath XD

There are few games on consoles whos faces are better then the ones in uncharted, i feel the final buildd of uncharted will be superior

hopefully actual gameplay and less flying stuff.
So far only talk :/
Yesterday night I watched gameinformer's (?) 30min video featurette about the procedural generation aspect. Pretty interesting but not really a first. David Braben did it over 20 years ago with Elite.

Still very cool technique and woefully unused nowadays.

I'm not sure it is possible to describe, seeing is a key, but here you go
Hashimoto? says "please be excited" and huge FF7 logos are shown on the screen and it's said you wanted FF7 on PS4? Everybody assumes it's a full remake, and I mean everybody! they were doing it on purpose (SE), and then they say it's exclusive port of PC port (><)
Mindblowind level of master trolling, I wasn't aware such levels can be reached.

edited: seriously? we are posting such gifs now? where is abomination when I need to quote him.

http://www.twitch.tv/playstation/v/3589809

2:29:00 is the timestamp.

Maniac

Banned
Man.

I miss gaming side. Back then I didn't have to read the PS and Nintendo OTs while trying to get Steam news. ._.

Top Bottom