• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well if I'm playing on console I just accept the fact that it's not going to look as good as my PC games for the most part and that's cool.
Going to play Bayonetta 2 with more AF, tons of AA, and at 1080p whenever Dolphin U comes out.

Arthea

I see, I forgot to post that X-note was greenlit too
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=339972778

thank you baby

now if any of your suikoden-likes would ever deliver that'd be nice you fucking tease

one will some day! We just have to wait until any are released

Well if I'm playing on console I just accept the fact that it's not going to look as good as my PC games for the most part and that's cool.
Going to play Bayonetta 2 with more AF, tons of AA, and at 1080p whenever Dolphin U comes out.

are there any indications that DolphinU will come out?

squadr0n

Anyone think Lords of the Fallen will go on sale soon? I can't decide between that or Shadows of Mordor. Loved The first Dark Souls but hated the sequel and ready for more since Bloodbourne got pushed back a bit.

Pachimari

Then I have no idea! Go to the properties and check your DLC and see if "Ultra SFIV Digital Upgrade" is installed.

I just did, and it's not even there as an option. =/

I bought the digital upgrade a long time ago on sale.

I see I don't have Poison or any of those added characters as well.

EDIT:
Oh wow! Just now I notice I had forgotten to activate my key. Wow wow wow.

Arthea

Tomorrow Capcpom HB, finally?
(><)
The next one will be xmas bundle, I suppose I'm somewhat excepting a good one, for better or worse.
Also where is my Xmas gif package SE
that includes Murdered
?
I like how FF13-2 on SE store has: Coming to PC! includes resolution options and dlc!
amazing subtitle! (><)

zkylon

zkylewd
Anyone think Lords of the Fallen will go on sale soon? I can't decide between that or Shadows of Mordor. Loved The first Dark Souls but hated the sequel and ready for more since Bloodbourne got pushed back a bit.

it'll be on sale during winter sale 100% sure

tmarg

Yeap. Hair looks awful = pre order cancelled , that flower is still 2D and low res = pre order cancelled XD And as you said games are beautiful all ready and this is only year 1 for next-gen machines.

Part of the problem is that there really isn't much about the current gen for people to talk about other that graphics. We're all still waiting for a truly next-gen gameplay experience, I'm not really even sure if there is anything upcoming that would really qualify.

Arthea

Well, the fact it got a 40% off during the last sale hints about a deep discount very soon. It will pe probably 75% off before summer, anyway.

I doubt before summer part, but at summer sale we can see -75%, it's not unlikely. I'm still not sure I want LotF, but I'm almost sure about SoM, I probably will wait till summer with SoM too, now when I bought WolfTNO and South Park.

Part of the problem is that there really isn't much about the current gen for people to talk about other that graphics. We're all still waiting for a truly next-gen gameplay experience, I'm not really even sure if there is anything upcoming that would really qualify.

but what is next-gen experience? as it seems gens are all about graphics most of the time and not about gameplay.

Vastag

Need some help with game recommendations SteamGAF. After playing The Vanishment of Ethan Carter I'm in the mood of horror games with great atmosphere. I wouldn't mind either games with great atmosphere in general.

Any recommendation?

squadr0n

When does their winter sale usually start?

Need some help with game recommendations SteamGAF. After playing The Vanishment of Ethan Carter I'm in the mood of horror games with great atmosphere. I wouldn't mind either games with great atmosphere in general.

Any recommendation?

Did you play Alien Isolation? That's probably the best example. Or maybe Murdered Soul Suspect,

OH Alan Wake!!

Arthea

Any recommendation?

I'm not one to talk about atmospheric games, but I thought the Room had it covered, if you like this type of games, puzzle-adventure that is.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I just did, and it's not even there as an option. =/

I bought the digital upgrade a long time ago on sale.

I see I don't have Poison or any of those added characters as well.

EDIT:
Oh wow! Just now I notice I had forgotten to activate my key. Wow wow wow.

Occam's Razor etc.

Any recommendation?
Betrayer has amazing atmosphere and is really pretty.
It's also horrorish.

rtcn63

Woke up to Origin being hacked and purchases made using account. I've done the credit card fraud thing with the bank, and changed my Origin pass. What else is there to do?

FFXIII-2 releases this week, I thought I'll remind you, just in case

not enough time to finish FF13 & Inquisition.

I can't hold all these RPGs

Square Enix is having a Christmas surprise box

Six steam games for &#8364;6.49

69U1G1N.gif

Didn't they do this shit last year too and it wasn't super great?

dani_dc

Well, that solves your problem with not having Ultra :p

Edit:

Six steam games for €6.49

Pre-ordered.

Last year was pretty decent if I recall and I regretted not getting it.
If it's stuff I already have then it will help me avoid some christmas shopping for friends!

dani_dc

not enough time to finish FF13 & Inquisition.

I can't hold all these RPGs

Didn't they do this shit last year too and it wasn't super great?

• Just Cause 2 (RRP £9.99/&#8364;14.99)
  • Hitman: Blood Money (RRP £6.99/&#8364;8.99)
  • Tomb Raider (RRP £29.99/&#8364;49.99)
  • Dungeon Siege III (RRP £9.99/&#8364;14.99)

Pretty good for the price I'd say.

dex3108

Those things are risky and we will see them later in console life and in indie titles. But that doesn't mean that game can't be good even with last-gen gameplay :D

P.S. SteamGAF do you have issues with keyboards getting dirty every couple of weeks? This damn thing needs cleaning every two or three weeks and i wash my hands at least 15 times a day XD

dani_dc

Anyone else getting this when trying to pre-order the box?

We are unable to process your request at this time. The customer support has already been informed about this situation and will get in touch with you if necessary. (Error ID: 5003)

Arthea

Can Americans get on that SE surprise box?

from EU store? unlikely, but US store probably has the same offer, hasn't it?

I'd love to buy it straight away, but after FFXIII I'll be waiting to see how well it performs and what graphics options we have.

They added "graphic options" to all FF13-2 banners this time (><)
We still need to see what those options are, but 1080 was promised.

Exactly. And does anyone really think CDP would hype Witcher 3 to the extent it has and not deliver as good a game as it possibly can? They are basically staking their entire company on this game. This isn't EA who can afford a disastrous release and just absorb the losses and count on mindless fanboys to keep them afloat, they'd be better off delaying the game another year than releasing something disappointing.

I'm a little late to this particular discussion but I'm not convinced CDPR would delay the game.

I personally think The Witcher 2 was rushed at the end too. The first couple of acts were 15 hours each and had large open areas with lots of quests. The last act was only about 3 hours long, it took place inside one city (no exploration), the map had loads of invisible walls, ARPG gameplay and it was cutscene heavy with a rushed conclusion. Now it's possible this was their vision of the game all along, but I do believe they ran out of time and had to release it to meet their deadline. I think the enhanced edition later added some content to act 3 to fill it out a bit.

This is one of the reasons I actually prefer the first Witcher game to the second one. I don't think CDPR has the luxury of going for a 'when it's done' approach. Especially since they are in the habit of adding more content later. It's a bit of a shame that the best way to experience a CDPR game is a year late when they've released the enhanced edition.

Six steam games for &#8364;6.49

Ignore what I posted. I don't know how to read.

The page seems to imply that there will be a single key for the whole box. So it won't be possible to gift spare copies to friends or through modbot. Unless one is missing a good portion of the usual suspects (Deus Ex, Hitman etc.), I don't think this is going to be worth it. You'll probably end up paying the entire 6.5 euros for one or two missing games which will be on sale individually for less.

At the very least it might be worth waiting to see if the bundle shows up on SteamDB.

tmarg

The page seems to imply that there will be a single key for the whole box. So it won't be possible to gift spare copies to friends or through modbot. Unless one is missing a good portion of the usual suspects (Deus Ex, Hitman etc.), I don't think this is going to be worth it. You'll probably end up paying the entire 6.5 euros for one or two missing games which will be on sale individually for less.

"Stuffed with 6 individual Steam keys, and additional store offers, this is one Christmas treat you just can´t pass up!"

"Stuffed with 6 individual Steam keys, and additional store offers, this is one Christmas treat you just can´t pass up!"

Doh. Didn't read that far down. Just read the top of the page where it said

• Steam key issued upon purchase. Activate via your Steam account.

Arthea

At the very least it might be worth waiting to see if the bundle shows up on SteamDB.

that's bad wording, from description

Stuffed with 6 individual Steam keys, and additional store offers, this is one Christmas treat you just can´t pass up!
if they were to give one key, that would make way less people to buy it

edited: bah, too late yet again

I'm a little late to this particular discussion but I'm not convinced CDPR would delay the game.

I personally think The Witcher 2 was rushed at the end too. The first couple of acts were 15 hours each and had large open areas with lots of quests. The last act was only about 3 hours long, it took place inside one city (no exploration), the map had loads of invisible walls, ARPG gameplay and it was cutscene heavy with a rushed conclusion. Now it's possible this was their vision of the game all along, but I do believe they ran out of time and had to release it to meet their deadline. I think the enhanced edition later added some content to act 3 to fill it out a bit.

This is one of the reasons I actually prefer the first Witcher game to the second one. I don't think CDPR has the luxury of going for a 'when it's done' approach. Especially since they are in the habit of adding more content later. It's a bit of a shame that the best way to experience a CDPR game is a year late when they've released the enhanced edition.

They did add 2 sidequests to the last act (one for each path), they took a good 2 hours to beat and added new areas.
I expect CDPR to give TW3 the same kind of support. Not sure if we'll get everything for free this time though.

Uzzy

They added "graphic options" to all FF13-2 banners this time (><)
We still need to see what those options are, but 1080 was promised.

Yeah, the fact they're promising that is good, but not quite enough for me to buy it straight away. I'm kinda hoping that the FFXIII patch comes out prior to FFXIII-2's launch, so I can see what's changed there.

Arthea

Yeah, the fact they're promising that is good, but not quite enough for me to buy it straight away. I'm kinda hoping that the FFXIII patch comes out prior to FFXIII-2's launch, so I can see what's changed there.

The patch is coming together with 13-2 for some strange reason. I wonder what took them so long to release the patch.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Ok, I'll buy this SE bundle box thing. Why not. I bet I have all the games though. If so, at least I can modbot them away.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Why is my copy of Ultra Street Fighter IV saying Super Street Fighter IV on the title screen?

Because you don't have the Ultra DLC.

Wow, I never realized it but me neither. Here I was thinking I had USF4 but I really only seem to have SF4, even though in the steam launcher it is titled as USF4. Damn it, now I kind of want to buy the ultra dlc...

Top Bottom