• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

The_Monk

Oooh a mistery box! I know I shouldn't gamble so... I won't but, the mistery, it can have neat things I don't own!

Unless...

3JHMUnEl.png

The_Monk

I don't think this was targeted solely at you Monk, as there's been a few others. You have a good excuse though, my spelling in other languages is utterly atrocious!

Oh but I made the mistake he mentioned. In fact I make others as well, that's why when I post some Steam reviews in here I always apologize for my English vocabulary. I actually don't mind and I even have to thank to those who help improve my writing every day. The carry on part was honest, I do like to improve. ;)

so Car Mechanic Simulator is oddly satisfying. Having passing automobile knowledge is pretty helpful and it's quite simplistic, but it's not too bad.

• Just Cause 2 (RRP £9.99/€14.99)
  • Hitman: Blood Money (RRP £6.99/€8.99)
  • Tomb Raider (RRP £29.99/€49.99)
  • Dungeon Siege III (RRP £9.99/€14.99)

Pretty good for the price I'd say.

eh.

I can't buy it anyway because U.S.

This was my first reaction lmao.

whenever I read "whats in the box?", it's always in Brad Pitts voice.

Six copies of Final Fantasy VII on PS4.

Please be excited.

Square Enix is having a Christmas surprise box

Six steam games for €6.49

I would jump at it but considering I owe most everything from that company except a few really recent titles, I think the chances of getting nothing but duplicates is really high. Plus is the Europe only.

You guys need to think bigger!

FFXV, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts 3, Just Cause 3, Life is Strange, new DE

this is their equivalent surprise for us PC gamers for the FFVII PS4 release

Lomax

I'm a little late to this particular discussion but I'm not convinced CDPR would delay the game.

I personally think The Witcher 2 was rushed at the end too. The first couple of acts were 15 hours each and had large open areas with lots of quests. The last act was only about 3 hours long, it took place inside one city (no exploration), the map had loads of invisible walls, ARPG gameplay and it was cutscene heavy with a rushed conclusion. Now it's possible this was their vision of the game all along, but I do believe they ran out of time and had to release it to meet their deadline. I think the enhanced edition later added some content to act 3 to fill it out a bit.

This is one of the reasons I actually prefer the first Witcher game to the second one. I don't think CDPR has the luxury of going for a 'when it's done' approach. Especially since they are in the habit of adding more content later. It's a bit of a shame that the best way to experience a CDPR game is a year late when they've released the enhanced edition.

Your analysis of TW2 seems sound (I'm ashamed to say I still haven't beaten it, so I can't say myself), but I feel like they have a lot more invested in TW3. Maybe I'm wrong, but all the marketing deals and endless hype make it seem like they are really pushing for huge numbers and I feel like if there's a major backlash it would completely destroy their company. I don't know that they will delay it, but I think if they were doing a major downgrade by now they'd know and would be trying to temper expectations somewhat.

All that said, the internet will always find something to complain about, and that doesn't in any way represent typical gamers, so who knows if it will really matter or not. As we know, there are people who thought the graphics in TW2 weren't good, while the general consensus was that they were some of the best of the generation.

They did add 2 sidequests to the last act (one for each path), they took a good 2 hours to beat and added new areas.
I expect CDPR to give TW3 the same kind of support. Not sure if we'll get everything for free this time though.

They've stated The Witcher 3 will have a bunch of free DLC as well. I don't think anyone can question CDP's post release support history. But if the game isn't an initial success who knows what will happen. I know personally there's no way I would have a pre-order copy if not for the cheap RU version.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

FF XIII, Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness, Hitman Absolution, Just Cause 1, Front Mission Evolved, Deus Ex: Invisible War

There, now it's somewhat believable.

Deques

FFXV, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Kingdom Hearts 3, Just Cause 3, Life is Strange, new DE

Don't give us too high hope, higher hopes will just disappoint us more.

I think I own almost every Square game on Steam. For me to buy this will only end in disappointment.

Pretty much how I feel too

Even bigger: The Christmas surprise box is meant to usher in the era of Square-Enix distributing Valve titles at retail and it includes Half-Life 3 and Left 4 Dead 3 :p

derExperte

Why did no one tell me that Electronic Super Joy got new dlc? http://store.steampowered.com/app/317770/

***WARNING: HARDCORE!***

You thought the adventure was over? BAD NEWS SUCKER! The new pope Boris the Super Sexy has a mission for your mute buttless self so listen up! A bad Boogie Bro has stolen the only food, a giant pudding! He’s probably going to do weird and kinky science to it! You gotta save it! Save the Boogie Bros! Save everything! DO YOU HAS WHAT IT TAKES? DO YOU? HAS?

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

That guy is my hero! This is how I play Elite at the moment

iQfImoe0BOHwE.jpg

Much cheaper setup but great nonetheless, can't wait for the Occulus consumer version
Yes we like our Simulators, especially the space type :)

(The head tracking is great in Euro Truck Sim 2 too but really takes some time to get used too)

Edit: And I'm also using Voice Attack for spoken commandos, cool stuff :p
I use a PS3 Eye cam for the headtracking and voice recognition, works really well

sims are serious business
I don't get what are you implying!

This man speaks the truth!

The sad thing is that my two most played games this year are both not on Steam (Elite and Hearthstone), kind of Ironic.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member

But..

Everyone knows, that everyone in the future will only use multi-functional-multi-configurable touch screens with Dragon Glass™. Because Star Trek and dozen other Sci-fi shows/movies were right, they never used a joystick to control their space vehicle.

Joking, that is an awesome setup man. I wish I'll have something on those lines, by the time Star Citizen is released.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Much cheaper setup but great nonetheless, can't wait for the Occulus consumer version
Yes we like our Simulators, especially the space type :)

(The head tracking is great in Euro Truck Sim 2 too but really takes some time to get used too)

Edit: And I'm also using Voice Attack for spoken commandos, cool stuff :p
I use a PS3 Eye cam for the headtracking and voice recognition, works really well

This man speaks the truth!

The sad thing is that my two most played games this year are both not on Steam (Elite and Hearthstone), kind of Ironic.

I KNEW IT!!! you Germans are crazy!!!! :p

no, they'll send it on 18th of December. Don't any of you people read before buying?! (><)
Of course I read it, but they say you can only order it until the 18th, I think it doesn't say they'll send the key on that date.
Actually I didn't read shit :|

Arthea

Of course I read it, but they say you can only order it until the 18th, I think it doesn't say they'll send the key on that date.
Actually I didn't read shit :|

The contents of this exclusive deal will be announced and delivered after 12:00pm on 18th December 2014, which is when the deal ends &#8211; so pick one up for a Christmas Surprise and discover What´s in the Box!

I kinda wish I had customers that don't read a shit (><)

The_Super_Inframan

Joking, that is an awesome setup man. I wish I'll have something on those lines, by the time Star Citizen is released.

Thanks! Overall the stuff I use wasn't that expensive but still good bang for the buck.
I couldn't justify too spend to much on this, after all it will only get used on a handful games.

I own Star Citizen but still haven't played it once yet :p I really should give it a try in the near future.

I KNEW IT!!! you Germans are crazy!!!! :p

We just love good organized and efficient fun!

But for realz stuff like Elite is sooo much more fun with the right controller setup. Pushing the throttle forward is a thousand times more satisfying than pressing a button on the keyboard or trigger on a X360 controller :)

The_Super_Inframan

Gotta love Germany...

Can't buy the Squenix surprise thing until 11pm due to youth protection law shit

think of the children!!!

Yeah, this stuff is really dumb and as far as I know not a law thing. I mean I can buy mature games on Steam and most other services all day long but for some reason you can't on Uplay for example.

And it's pointless anyway, if some kid wants that game it will just purchase it after eleven o'clock.

jblank83

I haven't really been SUPER impressed with next-gen console yet, but damn UC4 looks nuts.

UC4 has a very sterile look, imo. I think the game looks fun, but a lot of the textures and geometry are simple. As always, the art budget is pushed towards eye catchers, features like character models and ocean backdrops. Meanwhile, ambient terrain textures and models, things your eye won't dwell on too long, are low quality.

If you want something on PS4 that looks nuts, you should look at Bloodborne.

I'm also still impressed by Smash. They did a great job on that.

Arthea

In italian is:

"I contenuti di quest´offerta esclusiva saranno annunciati e disponibili dopo le ore 12:00 GMT del 18 dicembre 2014, ultimo giorno della promozione. Scegliete subito la vostra Christmas Surprise e scoprite cosa c´è nel pacchetto!"

I interpreted this like "Buy it now and discover what is inside, or wait until 18th, when contents will be revealed".

my e-mail with confirmation clearly states, I don't get any info till I get the e-mail with games. So it is unfortunate wording yet again, ya, but I'll check the store page again later to be sure.

edited: just checked my account on store, the same, no info, although... some things can be assumed by package having 18 PEGI rating, let guessing commence (><)

Copons

my e-mail with confirmation clearly states, I don't get any info till I get the e-mail with games. So it is unfortunate wording yet again, ya, but I'll check the store page again later to be sure.

I can confirm that no info are inside the confirmation email (and why would they? it would spoil the whole thing for everybody), so it's just an unfortunate wording.

Top Bottom