• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

drizzle

Axel Hertz
It seems the Square-Enix Mystery Box is limited to the Europe

Can't be bothered to make another account to see if I can go around the restriction. Oh well.

Eeeh, I can see Square putting Thi4f and FF XIII tops, as the most recent games. Maybe FF XIV, to hook people on it.

Guess I'll buy it anyways!

wetflame

Pizza Dog
no, that's misleading wording yet again, you still get to know only after delivery, meaning on 18th of December.

Yeah, I've purchased it and I won't know what's in it until the 18th I guess. It's only a fiver, I'm sure I'll get a couple of games out of it. Everything else can go to modbot giveaways to reduce my karma deficit.

Uzzy

Did anyone buy Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris? It came out today. Any impressions yet? Loved the first one.

Waiting patiently for it to unlock here. Seems that it'll be out after the footy tonight, which means I avoid that dilemma at least.

woo i don't gotta go to work today! for the first time in a month and a half i didn't wake up at 5:40, such good sleep that was
qT1tL.gif

BUT i gotta go to school and make an appointment to visit and a advisor that way they can unlock my school acc for i can register for classes. I'm hoping today is walk in hours that way I cant just go today and get it over with. Gonna try calling again first, they don't ever pick up but maybe since today is monday they will.

when i get back tho? DRAGON AGE ORIGINS ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL DAY :3 im up to the dwarf city. I'm fighting the lady who is the leader of a gang, yo she's mad hard. I tried beating her 4 times yesterday and her crew and her just destroy me.

Parsnip

I grabbed the squenix surprise box. I probably own most of the games there, but since they are individual keys, couple nice gifts to friends for 6€ is not too bad.

Pachimari

Woah, I just sold Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, GTA V and MGS V, all for PS4. And got Super Smash Bros for Wii U.

I'll buy MGS V for PC on December 18 and hopefully GTA V won't be a mess on PC come next month.

And I already have Black Ops II and Modern Warfare for my multiplayer fix so it's alright.

didamangi

Reviews for Lara: Osiris aren't as hot as I hoped. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=947767

Seems as good as the first one according to those reviews so it'll be a really fun action puzzle game and a great co-op title. Art and story aren't the first game strong suit as well so meh.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/12/08/temple-of-osiris-pc-review/

Sounds to me that's it's a step back compared to GoL which wasn't just good, it was excellent.

Really not expecting much improvement like the reviewer so I guess we'll see. But spoiling every puzzle seems really bad since the puzzles are the highlights of the first one.

those are good reviews, whats the prob?

GoL was better than "good". It was exceptional and surprisingly fresh.

From RPS
Lara Croft And The Temple Of Osiris offers absolutely no surprises whatsoever. It’s Crystal Dynamics, trundling on from their tiresome reboot of the Tomb Raider franchise, producing almost exactly the same game again. Except without the spear.
However, the result is an incredibly brief game, bewilderingly laid out, and missing a fresh, new spark to make the outing feel essential.
The game was actually desperate for attention, such that it embraced the ever-worsening trend for taking over controls to shout its nothing-nothing story at me.
That doesn't sound like something I need to to buy and play right now.

jblank83

Bloodborne seems having a great art direction, but graphics are really not an improvement from Dark Souls...

Bloodborne-18-09-14-003.gif

The graphics are definitely improved over Souls, if in nothing more than particle effect density. Texture quality and poly count also seem improved.

And UC4 is also 30 fps. I agree the hardware in PS4 is not overly impressive, Xbox One even less so. Lesser hardware can still accomplish graphically impressive feats, though, even the Wii U.

derExperte

The graphics are definitely improved over Souls, if in nothing more than particle effect density. Texture quality and poly count also seem improved.

The latest video looked worse than what we saw before to me. Another downgrade?

Infinite sadnass :l

Just wanting to help and since you've made similar mistakes a few times: It's sadness and also expensive.

Doesn't look too bad to me. Just hope for a lengthy campaign.

RPS

Which is also to say, it’s a decent amount of fun. In fact, it streamlines the experience of GotL, expands level sizes considerably, and presents it all with an awful lot less loading. However, the result is an incredibly brief game, bewilderingly laid out, and missing a fresh, new spark to make the outing feel essential.

Replaying in coop with different player numbers since the puzzles adapt should lengthen the game somewhat but maybe that was too ambitious and they had to cut too many corners.

Pachimari

you made the right choice. add my wii u id: TiredPenguin

I really hope so. I never played Advanced Warfare, and I'm getting the 2 other for PC anyway. It'll be the first time I play MGS and GTA primarily on PC.

I'll will add you when I get home tonight but have mercy on me. ;)

Guys, shouldn't I hold off getting Dark Souls II now that the improved edition is coming out next year?

Phinor

Bloodborne looks great in gifs and compressed (Youtube etc.) but when you are playing it (well the alpha anyway), it does look stunning but also very rough simultaneously. The game needs like 8x MSAA + SMAA + whatever other anti-aliasing you can throw at it which is why I'm very sad it's a PS4 exclusive. It will never look glorious because the PS4 just doesn't have the power to apply enough AA and bump up the fps to a bare minimum of 60.

But because it's a PS4 exclusive, it's also a game I'm buying for PS4 which doesn't happen often. One might think that's almost the point of exclusives or something.

Caoz

Hello,

I've been trying to buy Wolfestein the new order with the VGA sale price, but with the new payments options I was not able, I tried doing an SPEI payment but was unable to complete the transaction. Now the sale is about to end so I cannot do an OXXO payment like I should have.

Could anyone from Mexico help me with the purchase. The sale is about to end in about an hour. I can paypal you the money .

Pranay

Until Dawn was a ps3 exclusive which went to PS4.

/it was shown 2 years back, made in killzone engine

Speaking of PS4 exclusives, Driveclub with weather effects is the best looking game easily
Upgrade rather then a downgrade for a change
lrktms.gif

________________________________________________________________________________________

Purchased Square Enix bundle, lets see how it goes

Yes, but Sony does this everytime, so maybe was PS4 and PC as for SF5.

I hope this is a joke right ? -_- The game is developed by Supermassive Games working on PlayStation-exclusive titles and part of Sony , the publisher is Sony Computer Entertainment and it uses In-house engine aka Umbra3 (modified Killzone Shadow Fall engine) .
I am still hoping you are joking.

Saty

A new Trademark filing for a video game Meantime was made by a company called Roxy Friday, which rpg codex says traces back to Brian Fargo and inXile Entertainment. They note that Meanwhile is actually the name of a time-travel RPG cancelled by Interplay in the late 1980s, making this a suspect for the new RPG revival plan inXilerecently revealed. The intrigue surrounding this can be ramped up further since the article was updated with the revelation that the same entity has filed a trademark application for Van Buren, which was the codename for a project once intended to be Fallout 3 back in the Black Isle Studio days
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/157266/inxile-tms-meanwhile-van-buren

I hope this is a joke right ? -_- The game is developed by Supermassive Games working on PlayStation-exclusive titles and part of Sony , the publisher is Sony Computer Entertainment and it uses In-house engine aka Umbra3 (modified Killzone Shadow Fall engine) .
I am still hoping you are joking.

He said he never heard of it before.

Top Bottom