• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

cHinzo

Replaying in coop with different player numbers since the puzzles adapt should lengthen the game somewhat but maybe that was too ambitious and they had to cut too many corners.

Well, RPS calls is a "brief game".

Welp that sucks. Hoping to get at least 10 hours out of it. :\ Oh well, might as well wait for a sale then. Still need to play through FC3 and Sniper Elite 3. >_<

fantomena

Sony was "nicer" when it comes to exclusive games and not during the PSX keynote. Tim Schafer mention PC/MAC/Linux twice (Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle) and Ono said SFV was coming ONLY on PS4 and PC.

Having their guests mentioning PC/MAC/Linux on a Playstation party is quite awesome.

Sony was "nicer" when it comes to exclusive games and not during the PSX keynote. Tim Schafer mention PC/MAC/Linux twice (Grim Fandango and Day of the Tentacle) and Ono said SFV was coming ONLY on PS4 and PC.

Having their guests mentioning PC/MAC/Linux on a Playstation party is quite awesome.

Well for example SFV has cross play feature, something they must mention and brag about like they did about Portal 2. In this case mentioning PC platform is part of the business.

didamangi

Welp that sucks. Hoping to get at least 10 hours out of it. :\ Oh well, might as well wait for a sale then. Still need to play through FC3 and Sniper Elite 3. >_<

First game was like 7 hours long so I doubt it. Although I did played it again on co-op so it's 15 hours total. Nice surprise finding the puzzles have different solutions in co-op than in single player, hope they did that as well in the sequel.

derExperte

Speaking of PS4 exclusives, Driveclub with weather effects is the best looking game easily
Upgrade rather then a downgrade for a change

DC wasn't anything special at first but after they got online working (mostly), fixed bugs and other major issues and added more tracks for free I have to say it's probably my favorite PS4 game yet right behind Peggle 2. Which isn't really high praise overall but with the weather update and two more tracks it has become a recommendation for racing fans.

I've never played Grim Fandango (was too young at the time), I'm very tempted to pick that plus No One Lives Forever if that ever comes out.

Coming out 4 days before my birthday makes it more tempting, I'm probably just going to skip GTAV and play older games like REmake and Grim Fandango, haha.

Dr Dogg

No. Fucking. Way!?!?!?! I know a lot of Van Buren formed what the base for New Vegas but I'd still be all over that.

TeeHee. Stuff is announced and shown off too early once again. I've got faith in CDPR mainly due to good will from previous releases but what with being on 3 platforms at once, 2 of which are big shouty console folks who want stuff to wow and sell their plastic box of choice and coupled with their distribution and publishing partners, I get the feeling a lot of this (as in the promotion cycle not the delays) was out of their hands.

I'm glad TW3 was delayed, I was feeling overwhelmed with all the games in the first trimester and this gives me more time to put together the money for new hardware.

Dr Dogg

I was referring to this idiot but I shall seek vindication amidst the confusion :p

Hehehe. Sorry but it's also doubly funny that you also edited the second part of that post due to not spotting something on SE's site. Don't worry I had a funny five minutes yesterday going in and out of the house 4 or 5 times wondering what on earth I had done the the garage door keys when they were in the lock all the bloody time!

You know what guys? Time to actually focus on our backlogs.

Say that after your Winter Sale haul with a straight face! To be honest I'm not that fussed, like you sort of say most of us have meaty backlogs, there's a fair few things out early next year, plus I've not been diagnosed with a terminal illness (touch wood) and will still be up around and free to play Witcher III come May.

inm8num2

Who was that idiot earlier today saying that CDPR wouldn't delay their game?

I was referring to this idiot but I shall seek vindication amidst the confusion :p

idjut.gif

;)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Witcher 3 delay is great for me -- it will give me more time to get to The Wittcher 2. And since I'm not in a rush to play it now, I can play something else that was released in 2014 to get more entries for my GOTY voting...

That said, I'm looking for what I should start when I finally finish TEW. Here's some of the "major" 2014 releases in my library:

Anybody have suggestions for what I should play next...
If you need a list of what I finished this year cause you're going to do your homework before replying, you can find one here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=96283675#post96283675
If you're wondering whether or not I own something, well, odds are the answer is yes... but if you want to double check, you can look at my library via my Steam profile.

Thanks, guys.

Counter point: I can't see anything.

30 FPS racing game?

You say that, but sometimes it works more than well enough. The trick is always consistency... no drops and you can make it work. WipEout 2048 was amazing.

MUnited83

For you.
that's bad wording, from description

if they were to give one key, that would make way less people to buy it

edited: bah, too late yet again

And if it was one key only it would be extremely simple to know what the mistery games would be by just checking steamdb :p

yuraya

Not surprised at the Witcher 3 delay. The game supposedly has a map larger than Skryim. Plus they have to release it on 3 different platforms.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets delayed again into 2016. And people wonder why Bethesda isn't announcing any new games. These massive open world AAA stuff gonna take long time to make.

Ruruja

Oh but I made the mistake he mentioned. In fact I make others as well, that's why when I post some Steam reviews in here I always apologize for my English vocabulary. I actually don't mind and I even have to thank to those who help improve my writing every day. The carry on part was honest, I do like to improve. ;)

Oh Monk, not even British English. Disgraceful behaviour. Does our 600+ years alliance mean nothing to you? ;_;

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I guess you only like meaningless open world fetch questing :/
May I suggest DA:I?

I don't care enough about Dragon Age to buy Inquisition on Origin. The original is one of the many games I've been meaning to get around to, though.

Instead of admitting defeat shouldn't a spindoctor spin this news so it makes CDPR look good? Remind me to never hire you!

I'm playing the long con here. Next time I say something you'll have no choice but to believe me because I'm so honest!

In all seriousness, now I'm hoping more than ever that GTA 5 is a good PC port. That will let me push back the GPU upgrade I was planning to get for these two games. A 970 costs $475-500 here so extra time to save up is nice.

Lomax

Witcher 3 delay makes it a graduation present for me, which is great as there's no way I'd have had time to play it this spring. Hopefully this means at least the PC version won't be downgraded.

Pachimari

With Withcer 3 delayed I might just look for another game in Spring before it comes out.

There's no reason to buy Dark Souls 2 now that the Ultimate edition is coming out right?

Top Bottom