• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Arthea

They both are. Sony owns rights to Bloodborne and Nintendo to Bayonetta 2.

I usually call a game the first party game, when it is developed internally, I assume there can be other interpretations, I never really cared to check. Also Nintendo surely doesn't own Bayo IP, does it?
Owning rights doesn't say a thing, but who developed a game, tells a story. ;)
You wouldn't buy Byo developed by Bethesda for example or would you?

edited:
what I'm trying to say, it's hiding behind words, we all now they aren't first party games and could have been made in other ways, they are only funded for exclusivity, but we insist that they are because?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Doesn't Sega owns the rights to Bayo 2?

Sega owns the Bayonetta IP; Nintendo owns the game itself. There's nothing preventing Sega from releasing the original Bayonetta on more platforms or greenlighting a multiplatform Bayonetta 3, but 2 is firmly within Nintendo territory, at least for the time being.

Buahahahahahaa this can't be real, is it?

pnduzd.png

Echoplx

And PS4 the only place to get Bloodborne, The Order 1886, Uncharted 4, etc...

Also there's a lot of ppl who don't want to mess with drivers, gfx card brands, upgrades, etc, they just want to buy a game, pop it in and play it. Consoles are great for that, no need to worry about getting poor performance next year when the new batch of games come out, you know that all games will work "fine" on the console for the whole lifecycle.

I wish this was true. Don't even get me started on my horrible first experience with an Xbone and Halo MCC.

spode

I'm sure everyone and their second cousins has Insurgency by this point but I never gave away my humble copies. No point in them going to waste.
Link, three openings
Thanks for this. I missed the Insurgency on Humble by like an hour or so. Played the game in like '08 when it was a mod and remember having fun with it. Also enjoyed other indie multiplayer shooters (played a ton of Fistful of Frags). Hope there's a community around this one.

Parsnip

I used to pirate everything. Then I got a Steam account and now I buy everything :p. Steam is the best anti-piracy in the market.

Recently converted a friend as well. Guy had like 5 Steam games on his account and mostly pirated games. Then I gifted him a bunch of games. Many bundle extras, Isaac Rebirth, etc. Showed him the various bundle sites and stores with good deals. The guy built a kickass PC since then and bought many games on the Autumn sale, and he is now sitting at 50 games :D

I converted a friend very recently as well. Now he has 122 games. Those bundles will get you.

Asgaro

I don't know why I just can't finish steam games, I had this problem before, but never so bad like with steam, I have about 100 unfinished games, some near the end even and all I can think of about new ones I bought recently, good that I can't download them before uninstalling some of unfinished, or I wouldn't even be having this speech!
Seriously, I need to finish some games, Wolf surely can wait a little.

I think that's pretty disgusting.
It's like standing up in the cinema before the credits roll and shouting "Sorry, time to go, screw this. My people need me!"

derExperte

I wish this was true. Don't even get me started on my horrible first experience with an Xbone and Halo MCC.

Or Driveclub, quite a few games this year had more or less launch problems that needed to be patched. Or my whole several months long ordeal to even get a working PS4. And the wonky DS4s (Dreamcast pads were shite too, PS1's disc drive problems where you had to flip it upside down and so on, consoles were never 100% care free even before the RROD).

dex3108

Well, they know everyone's fucking waiting for the PC version anyway =p

Sony is at least decent enough to be clear when will game be exclusive and what type of exclusivity we are talking about. Square Enix and MS are holding informations and that is not customer friendly behaviour.

It's fine though, as Microsoft are helping with development. Which means that everyone's alright with that sort of moneyhat, right?

man, nintendo again is a trend setter in how to properly sell them moneyhats. Now every first party is going to fall back on "it wouldn't have happened if we didn't fund it" like we weren't gonna get a new Street fighter or Tomb Raider if the first parties didn't back up trucks of money to their headquarters.

baterism

Strangely reminds me of one of Katawa Shoujou girl, the one without hands. So she lost both of her hands and then replaced by Japan Advance Robotic Technology Cat Arms (TM) for God-know reason. Gave her super human strength to compete in the tourney. I better go to sleep.

Sony is at least decent enough to be clear when will game be exclusive and what type of exclusivity we are talking about. Square Enix and MS are holding informations and that is not customer friendly behaviour.

Actually, we are used to be ignorant if a PC version is coming or not.
The odd duck (and some would say it was "stingy" on their part) is Sony openly saying that SFV is coming to PS4 AND PC.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
When does GMG usually send out keys for pre-ordered games? I bought FF13-2 a few weeks ago.

If there's a pre-load, generally 1-3 days before release; if there's no pre-load, then on the release date.

Annubis

Strangely reminds me of one of Katawa Shoujou girl, the one without hands. So she lost both of her hands and then replaced by Japan Advance Robotic Technology Cat Arms (TM) for God-know reason. Gave her super human strength to compete in the tourney. I better go to sleep.

I think you mean the one without legs.

No Legs:
Char_emi.png

No Arms:
Char_rin.png

MUnited83

For you.
True Crime: NY has no ground textures if played on W7 :(

Who owns the right to the True Crime trademark? Is it Square Enix because of Sleeping Dogs? Would be great if they fixed the other games and put them on Steam.

Top Bottom