• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

dex3108

I went back to Saints Row 3 to see what is left for me to do and then i realised that i have at least 20+ hours of side content to finish game 100%. Welp XD

Mr. Doop

I 100% it in January, damn I really hate Mila's Dance party and Velvetopia figments. Not hardest to 100% (that would be Dishonored Trials DLC) but probably most annoying.

Yeah, going through the race in the Dance Party at least 5 times to get all the figments was annoying.

FloatOn

tumblr_m9f1lqCBTN1qiz3j8o1_500.gif

this gif in this context nearly made me spit out my coffee this morning!

.... I'm a horrible human

Maniac

Banned
Every time? :p

Mission cooldown timers in Vanguard for which you can pay and Nemesis Assassin in Dota. And now the duck stat in TF2. Pay to play mini events.

Did anyone really get pissed off by the assassin event tho? Free arcanas for everyone!

... I just forgot about the event so the only one I managed to snag was the LC one, which I already had. > Game is hard.

And I personally prefer the 'cooldown' instead of droppin' missions - Day to day I don't play a lot of CSGO, since I mostly play comp with some mates, so having the missions stack whilst I'm not even online is really nice, so I suppose it depends on how active a player you are.

It is indeed kind of shitty that you can buy those two extra 'campaigns' and get shorter cooldowns tho. Fuck that. (Yes I shamelessly bought them but damnit I got a deagle from a mission that's worth 40-ish euros, so I'm looking at a net win :p)

this gif in this context nearly made me spit out my coffee this morning!

.... I'm a horrible human
"Why did I keep the car? Ten games right there. Ten games. Ten more games.

This pin. Two games. This is gold. Two more games. Gaben would have given me two for it, at least one. One more game. A game, Stern. For this. "

Pachimari

Have the Steam market been changed?

So now we can only put in an order for a key and wait until someone sells to us?

Can't I just buy keys at will anymore?

EDIT:
And when I have listed that I want some keys, and cancels it, I lose my money and gets nothing!???

I have lost €8 so far and I don't understand why.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have the Steam market been changed?

So now we can only put in an order for a key and wait until someone sells to us?

Can't I just buy keys at will anymore?

You just put in a buy order that isn't below the current list of prices. Otherwise, yes, you have to wait.

EDIT:
And when I have listed that I want some keys, and cancels it, I lose my money and gets nothing!???

I have lost €8 so far and I don't understand why.

You lost money because you put in a buy order that was fulfilled. Check your inventory.

Maniac

Banned
Ta. The store also had a Corsair 650D for $135 (~$80 less than the usual price) but I went with the H630 for its larger size ("ultra" tower versus mid tower) and greater amount of HDD bays (8 versus 6). Unlike my Eleven Hundred, I intend to take good care of this one. ;)

Grats on the case! I had a hard time deciding between the Hxxx series and the Phantom series. I chose the phantom, but man I wish I had the space of an H630...
DRM in any form is the devil, Steam is not an exception
Good thing Steam isn't DRM, huh?

I mean, c'mon. It has DRM capabilities because most publishers wouldn't even bother releasing on PC without DRM, but even then it's incredibly... Easy to circumvent, it's a very 'relaxed' DRM. And it's optional, so if you have a problem with it, you should blame the devs and the pubs.
Steam is a necessary evil [/Bane]

Except it's not even evil ;>

Pachimari

You just put in a buy order that isn't below the current list of prices. Otherwise, yes, you have to wait.

You lost money because you put in a buy order that was fulfilled. Check your inventory.

Hmm, so because I have cancelled my order I lose my money?

And isn't this a worse system than before, when you could just go to the market and buy keys right away?

AMD's Catalyst Omega Special Edition is out. Yes, it's called that, they even have some dude talk about how awesome it is. Brings for example downsampling (like GeDoSaTo or Nv's DSR). http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/ http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=945661

cool name, bro.

but that's sweet. Downsampling is one thing I've missed going to team Red.

Seems like GMG has put up quite a lot rewards for Lara Croft Temple of Osiris. Not as much as when they started with rewards

lolPlayfire

JaseC

Grats on the case! I had a hard time deciding between the Hxxx series and the Phantom series. I chose the phantom, but man I wish I had the space of an H630...

Moving to a full tower was something I'd planned on doing when I upgrade again next year, but now it's one less thing I have to worry about.

Maniac

Banned

And isn't this a worse system than before, when you could just go to the market and buy keys right away?

You don't lose money before the order is fulfilled as in, you have the keys. Check your inventory.

And you can. If you select buy order it'll buy up as many as you want at the cheapest price available. It basically just makes it faster to buy in bulk and means that tradebots have less power when it comes to stuff with larger price-drop spikes.

JaseC

I'm saying the order wasn't cancelled in time and was processed. Check your inventory/market purchase history.

It's only worse insofar that it's no longer possible to "snipe" accidental listings (i.e. if someone were to list a key at 24c rather than $2.40). You can still get keys right away by buying them at their current prices.

For example, let's say you'd like to buy 10 keys. Currently there are only 8 keys at $2.42 but 41 at $2.43, so when putting in your buy order you'd set the "price you want to pay" to $2.43 and the quantity to 10 -- in doing so you'd instantly get 8 keys at $2.42 each and the last two at $2.43 a piece. The price you want to pay works in ascending order, snapping up the lower-value listings first.

baterism

One of my friend never paid for games before, then he started buying games. Even at 33% discount, can you imagine that?!

When I asked him the reason, he said it because Achievements....
No points at playing without achievements... Whatever floats in his boat anyway.

I wonder if Steam can thrive without DRM. Just lock online and achievements behind and see how it folds.

baterism

I wish Steam had support for offline achievements.
Just store them in some file and unlock whenever you go online again...

We don't get achievement when in offline mode? I thought I have got one before when playing Civ V. I'm pretty sure I'm not online at that time. Or perhaps I misremember thing.

sibarraz

Banned
I think I remember having the same problem and it ended up being a resolution issue I fixed in a config file. Don't remember exactly but I'm pretty sure I found the solution on the Steam forums. That game is just chock full of issues though.

Oh really? I rebooted y notebook to manufacturer settings, should I stay away from that game?

Arthea

Offline achievements are supported by Steam itself. It's up to the dev to support them in the actual game, though.

for the longest time I believed that offline achievements aren't supported because all games I played offline, didn't unlock what was supposed to unlock, it's probably not that uncommon occurrence.

Pachimari

Humble F2P Bundle!

I'm saying the order wasn't cancelled in time and was processed. Check your inventory/market purchase history.

It's only worse insofar that it's no longer possible to "snipe" accidental listings (i.e. if someone were to list a key at 24c rather than $2.40). You can still get keys right away by buying them at their current prices.

For example, let's say you'd like to buy 10 keys. Currently there are only 8 keys at $2.42 but 41 at $2.43, so when putting in your buy order you'd set the "price you want to pay" to $2.43 and the quantity to 10 -- in doing so you'd instantly get 8 keys at $2.42 each and the last two at $2.43 a piece. The price you want to pay works in ascending order, snapping up the lower-value listings first.

I haven't gotten any keys at all, but I have lost €8.

MUnited83

For you.
One of my friend never paid for games before, then he started buying games. Even at 33% discount, can you imagine that?!

When I asked him the reason, he said it because Achievements....
No points at playing without achievements... Whatever floats in his boat anyway.

I wonder if Steam can thrive without DRM. Just lock online and achievements behind and see how it folds.

I used to pirate everything. Then I got a Steam account and now I buy everything :p. Steam is the best anti-piracy in the market.

Recently converted a friend as well. Guy had like 5 Steam games on his account and mostly pirated games. Then I gifted him a bunch of games. Many bundle extras, Isaac Rebirth, etc. Showed him the various bundle sites and stores with good deals. The guy built a kickass PC since then and bought many games on the Autumn sale, and he is now sitting at 50 games :D

Pachimari

That would be a fascinating experiment.

Check your transaction history. Something might have gone wrong.

Maybe there are server issues and they haven't arrived yet. What does your market purchase history say?

Oh wait. In my Market Transactions it says I have bought 5 keys since yesterday.

Oh, and I also have the keys in my inventory. I didn't look under Team Fortress 2 duh.

Pachimari

Finally got Dead or Alive 5: Last Round! :)

Now I have €18.17 in my Steam wallet. Hopefully that'll be enough for MGS V: Ground Zeroes next week.

Top Bottom