• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

January 2015

THIS ISN'T WHAT WAS PROMISED YOU LIED TO ME

1389725122278.png

Maniac

Banned
His power is real.

Yup. It is.

Think about this though: I've been a part of SteamGAF for about two months now, I believe. Back when I joined, I had around 380 games. It'd taken me six years to collect those plus-minus-400 games. Now, after 9 or 10 weeks on SteamGAF, I have 734 games.

... But I've not really spent any kind of substantial amount of dosh.

I also have too many cards to count*, and certainly too many for me to bother with selling any but the really high-value ones.

That's a lie. I just calculated it - I have 1232 trading cards

Oh and I also have 3 foils on the market. So add 3 to that.

Also have half a dozen games left to idle. Because in SteamGAF, the idling never stops!

How well does Assassin's Creed Liberation run for you guys?

Ok. you should enable triple buffering, because if you only use the ingame vsync it'll lock the game to 30 more often than not. Also, it seems to kinda run like butt for an HD Vita game, especially given how damn well Blackgate HD runs in comparison.

also, WB already having a fire sale with Lego Batman 3. I look forward to the inevitable $5 price point sometime around February.

Turfster

Jesus christ, okay, updated the humble sale.
Not going to do the percentages next time because my brain hurts now.
It's been way too long since I calculated so many things in my head with decimal numbers =p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Nice to see that Yes, Your Grace and Ethereal made it through.

I didn't even know One Late Night was on Greenlight. I remember watching a video of it and thinking that it looked sort of okay.

Oh Wild Season has a playable pre-alpha build. According to the official site the game is supposed to get released on early March, now we only need a date for Stardew Valley.

giphy.gif

Well, at least it has an approximate release date now. Shame it'll end up releasing next year, but it's not that bad.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
With the right mods, Skyrim modded is a dramatically better game than unmodded Skyrim in every single way.

I only have two mods installed for my Skyrim: SkyUI, and some mod that makes ore veins glow a bit. Some day I should take some time and look into some other mods to see what I'm missing...

Uzzy

4 and a half hours. That's how long it took me to finish Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris. That's a little on the short side, though to be fair Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light has a listing on 'how long to beat' of six hours. And sure, there's post game stuff to do, there's scores to beat, challenges to best, loot to obtain, co-op to do, but it still felt a bit short, and could probably have done with maybe another five or so levels.

What I actually got was good though. The levels were well designed, though the puzzles and challenge rooms were a bit on the easy side. Don't know if they're trickier when you play them in co-op though. Combat was pretty smooth, with a good mix of weapons and mobility.

Performance was a bit of an issue though. I've got a 7970, and I couldn't max out the specs without my FPS plunging to the 30's. Dropping the AA down to FXAA mostly solved the issue, with it sticking to 60fps pretty much the whole game, though there were a few drops down to 57fps or so. Graphically the game looked great though.

That's by far the worst part of the game.
Too bad you missed out on the subplot with the golem companion there.

really no need for the spoiler tag since you didn't spoil anything, but i would've love to had the whole golem sub plot if i can find the big piece of junk! :mad: like i said, more than 20 hours of gameplay and still haven't gotten the random encounter that lets me start the golem quest.

Jawmuncher

Nice to see that Yes, Your Grace and Ethereal made it through.

I didn't even know One Late Night was on Greenlight. I remember watching a video of it and thinking that it looked sort of okay.

http://media2.giphy.com/media/S3Ot3hZ5bcy8o/giphy.gif[IMG]

Well, at least it has an approximate release date now. Shame it'll end up releasing next year, but it's not that bad.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be surprised if they decided it was just better to wait until after the sale since they weren't going to put a discount on it or something.

TronLight

Everybody is Mikkelsexual
Ok. you should enable triple buffering, because if you only use the ingame vsync it'll lock the game to 30 more often than not. Also, it seems to kinda run like butt for an HD Vita game, especially given how damn well Blackgate HD runs in comparison.

also, WB already having a fire sale with Lego Batman 3. I look forward to the inevitable $5 price point sometime around February.

You don't say.

komorebi

With the right mods, Skyrim modded is a dramatically better game than unmodded Skyrim in every single way.

Could someone assemble a short list of must have mods for Skyrim? I've always used the HUD and UI overhaul plus the immersive armor/weapon mods, but I bet I'm missing out on so much more. I don't know where to begin.

Anustart

Well, I've been sick the last couple days, have two college finals tomorrow and my uncle called this morning to tell me my dad died. Freaking out, I'm his only kid and I can't even afford to drive up to minnesota to see him one final time, let alone bury my own father. Some son I turned out to be.

even though i think bethesda's games look like a poorly textured ass, i've never encountered a visual mod that i felt held to a game's original artistic intent. I don't mind using a UI mod because some games really need it, but the only HD upgrade style mod that's ever come close to making me install it is the currently ongoing RE4 HD project. Goddamn does that thing look good.

Well, I've been sick the last couple days, have two college finals tomorrow and my uncle called this morning to tell me my dad died. Freaking out, I'm his only kid and I can't even afford to drive up to minnesota to see him one final time, let alone bury my own father. Some son I turned out to be.

My condolences man. That sounds tough! Things will work out hopefully, don't be hard on yourself.

Yeah, you will complete it in one sitting, since the two puzzles present are REALLY easy :|

After spending 44 hours in Final Fantasy XIII and being unable to defeat the boss of chapter 11, I welcome with wide open arms and a smile all these short games, heh :) (I do know it can be frustrating for others though.)

HUMBLEEEEEEE

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh well, definitely buying the Bundle Stars one and the Square Gift now, then.

Top Bottom