• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

if it makes you all feel better, week 2 of sony's holiday sales is even more underwhelming than week 1. Man, they used to have decent sales on PSN but then they went off and made a console that people are actually buying and now they don't give a fuck

Well, I've been sick the last couple days, have two college finals tomorrow and my uncle called this morning to tell me my dad died. Freaking out, I'm his only kid and I can't even afford to drive up to minnesota to see him one final time, let alone bury my own father. Some son I turned out to be.
My deep condolences to you! :(
Don't be too harsh with yourself. Especially during these times. Can't imagine your father wanting to see you feel so bad about yourself.
If you need to talk or just vent. Hit me on steam big boy.
Take care.

Jawmuncher

if it makes you all feel better, week 2 of sony's holiday sales is even more underwhelming than week 1. Man, they used to have decent sales on PSN but then they went off and made a console that people are actually buying and now they don't give a fuck

Yeah it's been pretty whack lately.

Maniac

Banned
even though i think bethesda's games look like a poorly textured ass, i've never encountered a visual mod that i felt held to a game's original artistic intent. I don't mind using a UI mod because some games really need it, but the only HD upgrade style mod that's ever come close to making me install it is the currently ongoing RE4 HD project. Goddamn does that thing look good.

To be fair, their art-style and general aesthetics are really good, if not great. But on a technical level, it's... Eeeeeh.

but yeah, I love the art-style, the creature designs, the architecture, the unique aspects of the cities and their general areas, etc.

... And that's something I love in Morrowind, Oblivion & even Skyrim, for all it's faults it had a really good art-direction.

Anteater

dudegpcvq.jpg

lol-duck6mc2f.gif

Sweet. This looks like a nice alternative until Sega reveals all Yakuza games (1-5, Kenzan, Ishin) for PC.

Do it Sega!
How peculiar, I played it on the PS3 just now.
It's not very good.
Hm.. hope I won't feel the same.
-
demonicon is great
I watched some reviews/gameplay videos and while the story gets lauded, it seems the main time spent is combat. And it looks a bit iffy.

The incest aspect is also putting me off a lot tbh.
-
9 days until Ground Zeroes, seems like time is going by super quick, can't wait to play it. And what's the deal with GZ coming out on a Thursday, seems kind of odd.
Interesting there's no info on price. Makes me think only about the worst and that Konami will put it relatively high and just doesn't want hype - ergo many hype/first-day-sales - do deflate because of it.
:/

Please be wrong corrosivefrost.
-
continuing talk about sims
Woah! Just perfect.

Always hoped for a space station simulator. Maybe this is just the start.

Voted!

Tizoc

Killer is Dead is $6.66 over at HumbleBundle.com
Get it, it's my GotY contender, a simple but fun hack n' slash action game, full of love, passion and absurdity.

Hm. Is modbot down?
Send "my full loot" 15mins ago and still no response.
Since stump abandoned us, who is actually watching over modbot? Jase?

sad thing is that at this point, i wished that Episode 2 had been a total turd and no good just so i wouldn't care for a possible HL3. But goddamit, Episode 2 was soooooo gooooooooddd

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-399D7D27E9F0F4A5 - Taken by chronomac

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I've been playing around with the SteamRep API, and I thought this would be a good feature for Enhanced Steam to help keep everyone safe.

Essentially, each time you visit someone's profile page it will query the SteamRep API and let you know if that person has any kind of special reputation. It will look something like this:

This is bad:
I2cFfkH.png

This could be bad, be careful!:
ZQOtH0b.png

This person has donated to SteamRep, buy them a beer:
B4Tm6SC.png

This person is an admin or has an special "good" SteamRep identity:
S9CkCb3.png

And for us normal folks that aren't anything good or bad:
K78pouk.png

Finally, what I aspire to have some day:
X2BMZdQ.png

Of course, this can all be disabled in the options if you choose. What do you guys think?

Please be wrong corrosivefrost.!

no.

--

And modbot is fine -- my loot response from him took less than 2 minutes.

You have given away 672 games. (180 eligible for 'givers only' rules.)

--

sad thing is that at this point, i wished that Episode 2 had been a total turd and no good just so i wouldn't care for a possible HL3. But goddamit, Episode 2 was soooooo gooooooooddd

We must have played very different games...
Not that the game I played was a turd, but it definitely wasn't James Franco good.

chronomac

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

AUPeRsu.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-399D7D27E9F0F4A5 - Taken by chronomac

For what it's worth, this Indiegala game didn't work. Thanks anyway, though.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
So I've been playing around with the SteamRep API, and I thought this would be a good feature for Enhanced Steam to help keep everyone safe.

Essentially, each time you visit someone's profile page it will query the SteamRep API and let you know if that person has any kind of special reputation. It will look something like this:

Of course, this can all be disabled in the options if you choose. What do you guys think?

K78pouk.png

I'd never trust this dude ... looks mighty suspicious to me ;)

Backlogger

The Hidden Gems Bundle 3 $1.49
Namariel Legends: Iron Lord
Fall of the New Age Premium Edition
Skara - The Blade Remains (Early Access)

Hmm, Skara The Blade Remains. I wonder if that is the starter package or "special edition". I just bought it but can't redeem until I get home tonight.

From the Steam Store:

The Starter Package give you access to the game and $9,99 in virtual currency when the store goes live, plus a limited-edition avatar (Silver), weapon and shield.

The Skara The Blade Remains package will give you access to Skara and $19,99 in virtual currency when the store goes live, plus a limited edition avatar (Gold), a special armor, weapon and shield and your name in the credits.

Sini

Why not put it to area where VAC bans are shown? Current area is fully user customizable and those notifications are out of place and potentially confusing.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Will the Humble store give me a Steam key for Deadly Premonition? It shows the Steam logo on it's page but it's greyed out...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Why not put it to area where VAC bans are shown? Current area is fully user customizable and those notifications are out of place and potentially confusing.

True, I guess people have also been kinda trained to look there as well. I'll mock it up and see how it looks.

EDIT: like this?

eCTQPmj.png

Once the price gets revealed as cheaper than you thought, you will be certain that I am smiling.

You will watch the thread and wait for my post, to rub it under you nose.

But I will wait. I will savor the moment. Until you only feel this.

-
Very useful. Good work!
Actually. Listen to sinine. He is totally right.
-
Anyone posted this ?
Free game from Origin again. Simcity 2000 Special Edition
https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/simcity-catalog/pc-download/base-game/special-edition
Ooohhh. SC2000? Such fond memories on my Amiga500 building lively metropoles, foresting citizens... just to see the city crumble to ashes and everyone die in agony.

Good times.

Sini

True, I guess people have also been kinda trained to look there as well. I'll mock it up and see how it looks.

EDIT: like this?

eCTQPmj.png
Same font and style of VAC notifications without those icons - keep it simple. Aesthetic consistency with official Steam website is good thing to have.

jshackles

Same font and style of VAC notifications without those icons- keep it simple. Aesthetic consistency is good thing to have.

Usually I would agree with simple: but this style (icons, text size, text color, etc) is representative of how these users are portrayed in SteamRep. I'm not trying to confuse people into thinking that these users have a VAC ban.

Kazarov

Neo Member
Hmm, Skara The Blade Remains. I wonder if that is the starter package or "special edition". I just bought it but can't redeem until I get home tonight.

It shows as "Skara Starter Package" in my account history, also if you click on the game on blinkbundle it mentions "The bundle includes the Starter Package".

Seeing this Destiny DLC shenanigan I wonder if it could really have a big, lasting community on PC as I thought it could. What are Bungie's plans again? DLCs galore?

I'm more curious how GTAO and MGO will fare. Especially the latter.

Top Bottom