• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Strazyplus

xbox-one-windows-10-microsoft-corp.png

Not buying that, it reminds me of the same advertisement they did for windows 8. I want a PC "Computer" OS not a OS thats been designed to fit on phones to tablets to PC to Xbox.

noo thanks :C

Sini

Uh what on earth do you mean 'durr'?

Don't think too much into it. I should've used ugh instead.
I got annoyed that no-one bothered to share their thoughts when I made that reply earlier.
It's like I'm only one actually scared of GFWL2. I know it's unlikely, but how would they do cross play otherwise?

ModBot said:
Instructions for Da DreadLord:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Da DreadLord, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl -- MB-33CBAC0E8CC30BDD - Taken by Vuze

Speevy

Banned

ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

.Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LA Cops -- MB-18B2F10AB48E6EFD - Taken by D3RANG3D. 51 entrants total.

t1418338363z1.png

What do you know?! You're pudding. You get worse in a matter of hours.
:p

no, I'm delicious. people like me. No one likes vegetables, i mean yea sure, we buy em and eat em, but not cause we like it. if we were related I'd be the handsome brother that everyone loves and you'd just be there with me cause our parents said i can't go chill unless i bring you. lmfaoooo
Not buying that, it reminds me of the same advertisement they did for windows 8. I want a PC "Computer" OS not a OS thats been designed to fit on phones to tablets to PC to Xbox.

windows 8.1 is dope, way better than 7 imo. just install classic shell and your set. yea yea, you need a third party application to make it good but so what? nothing is perfect

Maniac

Banned
Depends on if you want to be rid of me for a few weeks or not.

If you want to keep me around during the sale, you have a glimmer of hope, it seems. :3

You're incredibly cynical and grumpy.

And I enjoy having like-minded people around me, so I believe this is good news indeed.
GOOD NEWS!

Originally Posted by Nirolak
IIRC people were fine with leaving the Community thread open (and wanted that to happen) since it helps keep the sale thread about the sale.

Looks like we're good to go.

Hell yes! Best news I've heard since... Uuuuuh...

...I can't remember!
Just noticed, auto correct -_-

Here I was, thinking we were talking about SteamTradeMatcher... Which I love, by the way. Traded 70 cards on it today, lol.

Nzyme32

Well it is actually happening, because they have demonstrated some of this on a Windows 10 build, which didn't happen with 8 (in fact, they didn't actually say that was what they would do with 8, just where they wanted it to end up eventually).

The UI will be based on the peripherals you are using or the device itself. So with the surface for example, there is an auto transition depending on when the keyboard or mouse are attached. Mouse and Keyboard have the good old desktop and start menu, although said menu now contains mini metro apps, which are much easier to ignore or remove.

You can choose which UI you prefer by default with the exceptions of some devices iirc. They even plan for UI based around controllers or kinect (fuck knows what that will turn out like but wouldn't be surprised if it is just the same old Xbox UI)

Also - MS will have the "One Store" - the only store where you buy anything on any Windows 10 device. I'd have to guess PC works around that in its usual way

Spell spamming didn't cause slowdown to me >_>;

Buy a new PC.

So here's an interesting thing. I owned Nuclear Dawn previously, but when I clicked on the redeem link in the new Humble Bundle, it says "Redeemed to Phawx"

So I guess it includes DLC or something>?

It happens sometimes if it's a different sub or appid that isn't owned by your account. Someone just had this happen with one of the other bundle redemptions, though I can't remember the game. I just had it happen for Gaz Guzzlers Extreme too.

Volimar

Eep. Someone in Taiwan tried to activate SteamGuard on my account. New passwords galore. I hope this won't lock me out of the winter sale, assuming I have any money for it.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Blades of Time -- MB-5A7F7AD732CE4C72 - Taken by Patison
Loren The Amazon Princess -- MB-D2B2712D6560A4ED - Taken by salazar547
Nuclear Dawn -- MB-0CDFEB5A5D3F5E66 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN
Yury -- MB-D3A243F46E0081B8 - Taken by Zia
t1cxE6r.gif
StarDrive -- MB-53C3E23D26A3EB52 - Taken by swx

Well then, I played an hour of Evil Within and I gotta say, that was the first time I felt I was playing a next gen game. It looks (and even runs) ridiculous and the first chapter was tense as hell!

The patch yesterday seems to have increased my graphical fidelity, made it load faster, and run smoother overall.

Use flawless widescreen if you're not comfortable with the default FOV.

And enjoy the ride... it's wonderful once you start to figure out some of what's going on. :D

I just finished it last night and had a good sense of what was going on but wondered if I had missed something as some of the more important questions are left unanswered or require finding all of the collectibles to read about certain events, I think. When you're done, if you're confused, check out the Wikipedia article for the game as it summarizes the plot rather nicely, even if there are questions that remain (perhaps the DLC will help with these).

KarmaCow

That was a pretty great trailer, plus it also looks like we'll finally get the new female heister after all the teasing in the past month of updates.

I'm really curious how they will handle the stealth and loud sides of that heist. Seems like loud with a ton of cops would ruin the mood setup in that trailer.

The loyalty discounts were for preorders only. Yeah, it pisses me off too.

it was made available for preorders only.

Also, Iron Brigade is locked at 30 fps? Oh well, i guess ill downsample it more then.

Early bird gets the worm and all that.

But 66% off is more than the discount given for pre-orders I think.
And they're not locked.

Welp, I will never buy another Metro game.

Whelp, it seems like Viking Conquest is a buggy turd. It has a even buggier launch than Napoleonic Wars, but even then the problems were from the non-Steam versions of NW.
face3.png

KarmaCow

I never really looked at The Talos Principle's steam image but it's so bizarre and cheap looking.

3B5TLG4.jpg

Not even the terrible review scores, just the badly photoshopped looking kitten in robot arms.

Chariot

Whelp, it seems like Viking Conquest is a buggy turd. It has a even buggier launch than Napoleonic Wars, but even then the problems were from the non-Steam versions of NW.
face3.png
Hehe. You should've seen my first attempt at creating a strong independent women. Came with a man suit included.

Top Bottom