• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Andrefpvs

Time to take it off the wishlist then.

Maybe they changed the way the DLC unlocks to make it so people don't spoil the story for themselves?

For example, Lightning's DLC should only be played after finishing the game, since it's meant as an epilogue and spoils the ending.

But to be honest I would be surprised if they put in the extra work to make it that way, so this could really be a bug.

So, I've had a large number of sites lately that have requested that they be added to Enhanced Steam's list of profile links. I can't say for sure, but I know that some of them want to be there purely for the ad revenue their site would generate with another potential 1.5 million users.

So today, I've updated Enhanced Steam's Steam Profile Links Qualification Guidelines.

To you the user, this is another way of me saying "I'm not going to partner with some scumbag phisher or a site littered with erotic advertisements". I want people to feel confident when clicking profile links added by Enhanced Steam that they're going to get something that's a) useful b) safe and c) not offensive.

Your honesty is really appreciated, I hope that you also benefit greatly from the software you've created and it's refreshing to see that you won't compromise the quality of the user experience to achieve that benefit.

Maybe they changed the way the DLC unlocks to make it so people don't spoil the story for themselves?

For example, Lightning's DLC should only be played after finishing the game, since it's meant as an epilogue and spoils the ending.

But to be honest I would be surprised if they put in the extra work to make it that way, so this could really be a bug.
Yeah. I'll wait and see. Hopefully it gets sorted.

Locust

What can I say, I want in on that Bad Rats 2 action. ~
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Clive Barker's Jericho -- MB-8365F09180F515A2 - Taken by Nzyme32

I can't say that I would ever get around to this one. Enjoy the plus one.
ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Star Ruler -- MB-A05B2D005EADC57A - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.

t1418337644z1.png

Ruruja

Well this is troublesome. A couple of games I've played tonight have stopped working about 20 minutes in after a 'Device Disconnecting' sound plays in Windows.

Just ran verify files on Borderlands and it says 8000 files are corrupt and need to be re-downloaded (basically the entire game).

Hope my external HDD isn't dying and it's just a one-off issue.

Nzyme32

Well this is troublesome. A couple of games I've played tonight have stopped working about 20 minutes in after a 'Device Disconnecting' sound plays in Windows.

Just ran verify files on Borderlands and it says 8000 files are corrupt and need to be re-downloaded (basically the entire game).

Hope my external HDD isn't dying and it's just a one-off issue.

Not sure. To be honest, I have a similar-ish problem - every now and then, at random, every single usb port will turn off. No warning noises, they just turn off and you can not reconnect anything. The only fix is to restart. I'm guessing my laptop is overheating something. This thing is getting on a bit, wouldn't surprise me if it is just old age

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
is everything under attack today? cant connec to steam or battlenet lol

I just want to see how many people are eligible for this. I guarantee you don't have this. :)

You've piqued my curiosity, but I can't enter, I think... my payitforward status was used when I claimed punished snake's duplicate key. :3

[To his credit, he's trying really hard to fix it, even though it's more hassle than it's worth, I think.] :D

Pachimari

Are any of you up for some Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer this weekend, if it's possible to create a private party/server?

I think we should play more games together, especially when we get free weekends from Steam.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Are any of you up for some Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare multiplayer this weekend, if it's possible to create a private party/server?

I think we should play more games together, especially when we get free weekends from Steam.

create a server ... in CoD ... BUAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA xD

good one ...

This sounds awesome if I didn't have to study for finals. I need to play more multiplayer games. I've always been in solitude when it comes to playing games

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
SEGA pls, bring Yakuza to Steam so I can finally experience this
r8MG2XX.gif
Whatever this is, I want it.

Badly.

I just want to see how many people are eligible for this. I guarantee you don't have this. :)
Damn it, I would've been eligible for this if not for Sonic. RIP.

At least if JaseC doesn't have it, then that means I haven't heard of it and therefore probably don't want to play it.

guys im stuck in dragon age origins... rescuing a certain someone spoilers ahead:
so im escaping prison after saving the queen and when i select to travel somewhere I get one of those random encounters, the one that I attacked by like 15 guards. the thing is its only me and alister, they kill me constantly.
help me guys, is there like a safe trainer i can use or console commands to turn on god mode real quick? I'v never used trainers so I don't know how they work

thanks so much guys. >_> anyways i figured out how to do the console command, hopefully i didn't screw up my save from connecting with the keep, I used the console command offline just to see if maybe that helps.

GaussTek

I posted a Deep Eclipse giveaway yesterday but nobody took it, so if anyone wants it, here's it again :p

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (GaussTek, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Deep Eclipse: New Space Odyssey -- MB-7E86965478121E20 - Taken by bluechox2

Khronico

I'm up for it. If you haven't yet, Add me on steam (Khronico, same avatar).

MRORANGE

response to freshVeggie's PM:

"Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

We never really locked the Steam thread for the Autumn sale in previous years as far as I recall... will honestly have to double check.

Modbot gets linked to the Sale thread at this time as well which was why we closed the normal thread. Conversations around this time are nearly always Steam sale related this time and both threads are gonna criss-cross with the same info. I also want some time to go over the thread and make amendments and changes to the thread, it's very outdated and honestly needs restructuring, closing it down gives me time to actually check the whole thread and see what to amend. It's the only time I will probably get in the next few months to make any changes and hopefully hand off the thread to someone else. I don't have a problem with having the thread staying open during summer/winter sales 2015 onward.

If you really insist on having a thread open for non-steam sale talk, just make one.

- feel free to paste this in the Steam threads"

Jawmuncher

response to freshVeggie's PM:

"Hello,

Sorry for the late reply.

We never really locked the Steam thread for the Autumn sale in previous years as far as I recall... will honestly have to double check.

Modbot gets linked to the Sale thread at this time as well which was why we closed the normal thread. Conversations around this time are nearly always Steam sale related this time and both threads are gonna criss-cross with the same info. I also want some time to go over the thread and make amendments and changes to the thread, it's very outdated and honestly needs restructuring, closing it down gives me time to actually check the whole thread and see what to amend. It's the only time I will probably get in the next few months to make any changes and hopefully hand off the thread to someone else. I don't have a problem with having the thread staying open during summer/winter sales 2015 onward.

If you really insist on having a thread open for non-steam sale talk, just make one.

- feel free to paste this in the Steam threads"

Nirolak and Stump just said they were gonna leave this open.

AHA-Lambda

Should only take a day or so to download on my slow Internet, leaves a bit of time left to play at least.

Yeah, that's what's it's looking like, it's just sad to see the difference between this in my new flat and my parent's home. In the old place I could have had that downloaded in about 2 hours, we had like a 50MB connection :O

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what happened to the night dive studios sale to mirror the gmg one?

Top Bottom