• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So, I've had a large number of sites lately that have requested that they be added to Enhanced Steam's list of profile links. I can't say for sure, but I know that some of them want to be there purely for the ad revenue their site would generate with another potential 1.5 million users.

So today, I've updated Enhanced Steam's Steam Profile Links Qualification Guidelines.

To you the user, this is another way of me saying "I'm not going to partner with some scumbag phisher or a site littered with erotic advertisements". I want people to feel confident when clicking profile links added by Enhanced Steam that they're going to get something that's a) useful b) safe and c) not offensive.

Knurek

Did you see this though?
Looks alright to me. I mean sure, whoever did the original comparison was a silly goose for pasting adventure map sprites into combat background, but yeah.

Yeah, but the slew of old->new comparisons people did totally makes up for it.
Especially the FF7 PS1->PS4 one.

zkylon

zkylewd
they're adding hybrid classes to massive chalice, that's a relief

a bit more confident about that game's future now

i do wish the upgrade system was a lot more fun and active. just like, be able to do more than one thing at a time, that's all i ask.

Nzyme32

METAL GEAR NEXT WEEK AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Yeah, I would be a whole lot more excited for it, but my laptop that I am stuck with is below the minimum specs. Still going to get it and hope it somehow works. The CPU minimum of 4 cores 4 threads vs my dual core 4 thread is probably not going to end well. That said MG Rising runs exceptionally on the same laptop but also doesn't meet the minimum as far as graphics card goes

that sucks

mount and blade 2 can't come soon enough

Yeah... I still haven't gotten the chance to play it yet because of exams, but the flood of bug reports is disheartening. Also, the lack of server admin tools is troublesome to host 150 player events (no way people can host a full 200 in the dlc's current state).

Parsnip

Yeah, but the slew of old->new comparisons people did totally makes up for it.
Especially the FF7 PS1->PS4 one.

Yeah, I couldn't stop laughing at that one.

they're adding hybrid classes to massive chalice, that's a relief

a bit more confident about that game's future now

i do wish the upgrade system was a lot more fun and active. just like, be able to do more than one thing at a time, that's all i ask.

Oh, it's confirmed now? Good. Brad's been talking about that stuff before, but I wasn't sure if it was going to make the cut.

Salsa

im hooked to CSD again

chubigans
mad.gif

zkylon

zkylewd
Yeah... I still haven't gotten the chance to play it yet because of exams, but the flood of bug reports is disheartening. Also, the lack of server admin tools is troublesome to host 150 player events (no way people can host a full 200 in the dlc's current state).
oh, multiplayer stuff

i don't care about

Oh, it's confirmed now? Good. Brad's been talking about that stuff before, but I wasn't sure if it was going to make the cut.
it's in the latest update and gonna be rolled in next patch i think

i still think there are core issues to this game, specially when comparing it to the more rougher but more compelling dead state (since both are x-com things)

massive chalice is essentially nothing outside of combat, you have a very small selection of actions to do, you pick one, and wait until there's combat. dead state has a lot of different gameplay elements surrounding the shelter so you have to think about morale (will this person not mind too much cleaning the toilets?), mulitasking (like, building two upgades at once) or using people to heal or to raise morale or whatever. will you spend resources upgrading the fence or would you spend less just repairing it

massive chalice desperately needs choices like those if it wants one of its x-com halves to matter

I have Hack N' Slash and SpaceBase in my Steam Inventory that i guess Double Fine just gifted to me since I already own both of them, is there a way for me to put them into ModBot or how can I give them away in this thread?

Zeeman

I have Hack N' Slash and SpaceBase in my Steam Inventory that i guess Double Fine just gifted to me since I already own both of them, is there a way for me to put them into ModBot or how can I give them away in this thread?

Send them by gift to your email and copy the gift link (removing everything after the question mark)

Toki767

I just want to see how many people are eligible for this. I guarantee you don't have this. :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-A79F43C881502A00 - Taken by provista. 45 entrants total.

t1418420443z1.png

guys im stuck in dragon age origins... rescuing a certain someone spoilers ahead:
so im escaping prison after saving the queen and when i select to travel somewhere I get one of those random encounters, the one that I attacked by like 15 guards. the thing is its only me and alister, they kill me constantly.
help me guys, is there like a safe trainer i can use or console commands to turn on god mode real quick? I'v never used trainers so I don't know how they work

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait until next week, they will probably stealth release it.

That'd be swell. Seems like a silly thing to keep to themselves though. I mean, if I was selling a Lego game that was a tie-in to a super-popular franchise and it was getting a huge content update to coincide with the latest film, I'd be promoting the hell out of it.

I'll try to believe though.

I forgot this thread existed.

Anyways, can anyone offer an explanation why two of my Steam games (Shogun 2 and M&B Warband) randomly lost their categorizations, and now sit at the bottom of my game pile? It's spookin' me out.
Nevermind. It fixed itself.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Speevy, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LA Cops -- MB-18B2F10AB48E6EFD - Taken by D3RANG3D. 51 entrants total.

t1418338363z1.png

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bestpersonevar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Spacebase -- MB-6423AE6503654679 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Hack N' Slash -- MB-78C9FE7CD27F09CF - Taken by chronomac[/QUOTE]

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bestpersonevar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Spacebase -- MB-6423AE6503654679 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Hack N' Slash -- MB-78C9FE7CD27F09CF - Taken by chronomac
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for Spacebase~

Edit: How to redeem it? Doesnt seem to be a Steamcode.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

NO TIME TO EXPLAIN -- MB-145057AF14A705FC - Taken by rainking187. 3 entrants total.

t1418336263z1.png

Top Bottom