• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I hope they ditched it because that wasn't the best solution. Having a bunch of packages and prices hidden under a dropdown menu isn't a very elegant design.

I agree. I made sense where they had it before, for things like EVE Online subscriptions. 1 month / 3 months / 6 months makes a lot more sense than "Blades of Time" / "Blades of Time Limited Edition" / "Blades of Time Extra Boob Physics Edition".

Why can't I install Super Trench Attack?

Its in my account as "complimentary", but it does'nt install.

I even tried steam://install/311870 in browser.

It just briefly flashes "scanning for updates" for a split second and then nothing happens.

Did you get it when it was free on Steam perchance?

I did and recently have found out that the game is not on my account anymore, still since I had installed it already if I launch the exe manually from its folder it works somehow, I don't know whether achievements work as well though.

Did you get it when it was free on Steam perchance?

I did and recently have found out that the game is not on my account anymore, still since I had installed it already if I launch the exe manually from its folder it works somehow, I don't know whether achievements work as well though.

Yes, I think so.

Well shit, if they were gonna do that, why bother making the soon-to-be-defunct sub free.

Momentary

Banned
The Dreamcast SHMUP, Redux: Dark Matters, that was released earlier this year is finally hitting Steam. There's a 20% discount for early purchasers. Brings it down to $9.74

tmarg

30,000+ hours, eh....

Such a waste. If you are going to do an HD remake, you should probably choose a game that needs it. And preferably one where you are capable of doing the entire game.

There are so many terrible looking 3D games from that generation, but nope, lets keep remastering games from the golden era of 2D sprite art.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Toki767, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Toki767, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last month, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-A79F43C881502A00 - Taken by provista. 45 entrants total.

t1418420443z1.png

Hinomura

The Dreamcast SHMUP, Redux: Dark Matters, that was released earlier this year is finally hitting Steam. There's a 20% discount for early purchasers. Brings it down to $9.74

I don't know about the game but... OST featuring Chris Huelsbeck - which composed the soundtrack for, ie, Giana Sisters (C64), R-Type (C64 & Amiga) and the three Turrican games (Amiga) :)

C4rter

Am I the only one that finds it kinda strange that Valve not only fixed a rather big bug (the gem thing) but also made a new image with a Yeti and everything to illustrate their bug fix.

I try to imagine doing the same thing with every bug at my own firm.

Abhor

Trying to play games after having my eyes dilated. What am i doing...

Seems like I still have both my little gem hoard and my boosters for the moment. Wonder what'll happen next.

Dr Dogg

So I'm crashed out on the sofa playing DA:I via In Home Streaming when it occurs to me this is slightly crazy as these are competing services. There is not a chance you'd be streaming a Xbox One game through a PS4 no matter how much money changed hands and even less so with the poor WiiU anywhere in the equation. Yeah it sure is rubbish being a PC gamer these days ain't it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Am I the only one that finds it kinda strange that Valve not only fixed a rather big bug (the gem thing) but also made a new image with a Yeti and everything to illustrate their bug fix.

I try to imagine doing the same thing with every bug at my own firm.

Valve as a lot of artists in their employ. Perhaps more than programmers, all told. It makes sense.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, uh... King of Fighters '98 was delayed. Anyone know why?

Momentary

Banned
I don't know about the game but... OST featuring Chris Huelsbeck - which composed the soundtrack for, ie, Giana Sisters (C64), R-Type (C64 & Amiga) and the three Turrican games (Amiga) :)

It definitely looks like something to get only if you're trying to have a SHMUP collection on Steam

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Any way to sort your library by genre? I have too many games to search individually

If you know what genre you're after, a super roundabout way would be to utilise Enhanced Steam's endless scrolling feature in conjunction with searching the store for games specifically and the genre of your choice. The ability to sort one's library by genre rather than status/type has been one of the most heavily-requested features for so long that it's hard to believe it's not on the cards (but of course, the matter of "when?" is entirely up in the air).

C4rter

Valve as a lot of artists in their employ. Perhaps more than programmers, all told. It makes sense.

Haha, okay. It makes sense for Valve, but in a technical way I don't actually get it.

But hey, all the times were you fix something with Enhanced Steam that Valve should be doing, but instead they are asleep behind the wheel, probably start by drawing a picture to illustrate their mistake, I'm not that surprised by their way of working. ;-)

jshackles

Enhanced Steam has been updated to version 7.2. I know I said 7.1 would be the last release of the year, but I lied. ;) This release includes the following changes:
  • Added Newegg and GamesRepublic to the price history lookups
  • Added SteamRep status to user's profiles
  • Added button to "1-Click" turning inventory items to Gems (be careful!)
  • Added a search filter that hides games without discounts
  • Added a feature that hides empty inventory tabs (thanks zillazillaaaa!)
  • Added an option to show "Compare" links on friend activity page (disabled by default)
  • Fixed a bug in currency detection for booster pack prices
  • Removed library functionality due to API changes made by Valve
This update is available for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera browsers. Opera users will need to wait until the submitted version has been approved

As always, please let me know if you encounter any issues with this release.

Top Bottom