• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Khronico

Dunno if it's just me, but COD AW mp is really unstable. Most of my attempts to join a match have been stuck 'awaiting connection', which after 30 seconds just boots me back to the menu if I'm lucky, but sometimes it freezes so I have to alt f4 out. I had one straight up crash to desktop in a load screen too. Really unfortunate since it's actually a super fun shooter. In fact, I think it's my favorite cod mp in the series.

Lomax

Well, you used the word reset.
Paying back customers to negate sell is not a reset, it's an amendment.

Basically, they need to keep everything that happened logged for audit reasons.
Whatever they choose to do after is fine since they administer the marketplace (and we all agree to it each time we sell/buy)
Of course, all of that needs to be logged too.

Well a functional reset would result in everyone being returned to their prior condition, by whatever means. Effectively that could mean refunds. Honestly though, since the transactions are almost entirely internal, I doubt they'd do refunds of Steam wallet purchases during that time, though they'd probably be obligated to do so if requested.

That solution was probably only viable very early on last night though, and at this point all I see them doing is reversing the gem only transactions. Which will effectively cost them quite a lot, but only in steam credit.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
J. Kartje ‏@JKartje 1 minute ago
Looks like everyone can expect details on Monday regarding Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition Steam migration!

is6BsuiZ7iUDz.gif

any other imprtant dlcs for dragon age origins besides awakening? cause the mystery deal for me today is awakening for $5. I'm wondering if i should just skip it and see if amazon does the ultimate(which includes all origins dlc) + da 2 deal for $10 again this year or just bite on the $5 awakening.

Arthea

Cards market doesn't seem that different to me from yesterday... Or does it concern only expensive cards? I still have huge listing of pending card buying offers and only a few were bought during the night and all gem frenzy.

Another astonishing sale from GMG, this time regarding Midle Earth title. So, expect a lot of Magicka discounts on both base game and DLCs :l

Man, it's reassuring to know that after we all destroy ourselves in a Nuclear Fire armageddon, a few things will remain.

Cockroaches.
Plastic bottles.
And Magicka sales.

Cards market doesn't seem that different to me from yesterday... Or does it concern only expensive cards? I still have huge listing of pending card buying offers and only a few were bought during the night and all gem frenzy.

I think things that were affected most were expensive waifu cards and rare ones from F2P titles. There's a huge discrepancy between buy and sell orders for those titles now. Really haven't seen any other major impact.

any other imprtant dlcs for dragon age origins besides awakening? cause the mystery deal for me today is awakening for $5. I'm wondering if i should just skip it and see if amazon does the ultimate(which includes all origins dlc) + da 2 deal for $10 again this year or just bite on the $5 awakening.

Ultimate is what you want, IMO

it bounced back shortly after valve dumped all of the gems in the same landfill they found ET.

Arthea

I think things that were affected most were expensive waifu cards and rare ones from F2P titles. There's a huge discrepancy between buy and sell orders for those titles now. Really haven't seen any other major impact.

I kinda thought so, I had no active listings for expensive cards, that's explains no change I'm seeing.

bigzgod

Wait for Ultimate. It will definitely be on sale on steam for $7.50.

Lomax

Anything that was trending up seems to have been pushed back some, and as mentioned, high value stuff got pushed down, quite a lot in some cases. But I think a ton of demand was filled last night that will result in a continued downward trend across the board, especially once booster crafting comes back.

The sales volume spike is very noticeable though, basically any card I look at sold at least 50-75 copies yesterday even when previous days were only 1-2 copies.

Maniac

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Maniac, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Gun Monkeys -- MB-C8933D87F8BC8C3E

t1418411327z1.png
I've had this sitting in my inventory for half a year at the very least, figured someone might want it.

... I'd also really love to know how I got it, if anyone knows. I'm pretty sure I never bought a second copy.

I've had a couple orders for To The Moon cards I needed for months, and this morning when I woke up I got them, something definitely happened.

Backlogger

I've had this sitting in my inventory for half a year at the very least, figured someone might want it.

... I'd also really love to know how I got it, if anyone knows. I'm pretty sure I never bought a second copy.

Every copy of this game comes with an extra copy. So whoever gets this will also get an extra gift copy and so on

dex3108

Well i always thought to implement something similar one day when and if i make video game :D But not weapons. For me early supporters should get more discount for DLC for example. Earlier you buy main game more discount you get on DLC release. :D I hope that i will be able to implement this one day.

Every copy of this game comes with an extra copy. So whoever gets this will also get an extra gift copy and so on

Imagine if Bad Rats is using this XD

milena87

I would buy the Ultimate Edition and play:

- Warden's Keep, short but fun, it also gives you some passive extra abilities if you so choose, there's also a choice that is referred to in both DA2 and DAI;
- Return to Ostagar, short and somewhat interesting;
- Leliana's Song, it's a prequel with Leliana as central character; only play it if you really like Leliana, because it's pretty pointless and uses a lot of the same areas from the main campaign;
- Witch Hunt, it's the last DLC for DAO, a choice here might impact your warden story and DAI in some way (but I haven't tested this, since I don't have a warden with this particular choice made); also the companions here are at least likeable.

The Darkspawn Chronicle is an abomination.
The Golems of Amgarrak is annoying. It has the most difficult fight of the game, though. Difficult because the companions that you have here are totally useless and they die in like 2 minutes.

And I assume you already have The Stone Prisoner, as it's free with all new games. That's the best DLC.

I would buy the Ultimate Edition and play:

- Warden's Keep, short but fun, it also gives you some passive extra abilities if you so choose, there's also a choice that is referred to in both DA2 and DAI;
- Return to Ostagar, short and somewhat interesting;
- Leliana's Song, it's a prequel with Leliana as central character; only play it if you really like Leliana, because it's pretty pointless and uses a lot of the same areas from the main campaign;
- Witch Hunt, it's the last DLC for DAO, a choice here might impact your warden story and DAI in some way (but I haven't tested this, since I don't have a warden with this particular choice made); also the companions here are at least likeable.

The Darkspawn Chronicle is an abomination.
The Golems of Amgarrak is annoying. It has the most difficult fight of the game, though. Difficult because the companions that you have here are totally useless and they die in like 2 minutes.

And I assume you already have The Stone Prisoner, as it's free with all new games. That's the best DLC.

Wait for Ultimate. It will definitely be on sale on steam for $7.50.

Ultimate is what you want, IMO
Ill just wait then, still havent beaten origins yet anyways so I can wait

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh cool, Warhammer quest is coming to steam. its awesome on ipad

also, Dead State 27.99€ on store, 9.48€ from putin. I dont even feel bad about it, sorry indie devs but im not sorry you know what I mean?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Canyon Capers -- MB-9A1DC248D9C334CA - Taken by dave is ok
it has cards
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-A2B95F4CF2F9ECB1 - Taken by Diedac
it's a plus 1

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Canyon Capers was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Cobi Treasure Deluxe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Arthea

I've had a couple orders for To The Moon cards I needed for months, and this morning when I woke up I got them, something definitely happened.

I kinda hoped I'll find my list empty and all cards bought (><)
seeing as my list now consist mostly of cards that see very little market action if at all, not popular badges, games, I'm not surprised, though.

Bigby

Anyone else notice that kof98 got delayed like.. the hour of release. It was down to one hour till unlock, refreshed and..
http://i.imgur.com/BKnPydu.jpg

:(

Didn't even update the description!

Well yeah, I did and noone else cared :(

Have they just delayed KOF 98 to December 16?

Edit: Yeah, there's a Steam Discussion thread

http://steamcommunity.com/app/222420/discussions/0/626329186848784764/

Announced 9 hours ago, didn't see it mentioned tho.

Top Bottom