• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Khronico

I updated today to the new amd drivers but now as a result my laptop won't turn off when I try to shut it down. Tried to go back to a restore point I made so I can roll back the drivers but the system restore didn't complete properly, so now my drivers are screwed up. I'm so tired of having to deal with technical issues with this laptop =|

D3RANG3D

j80g90wdt16pm.jpg

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Don't worry, it's been bundled so many times that someone will play it eventually.

Hrrrm. What'd I miss, after the market meltdown? There's like 800 posts that I skipped, cause, well... ain't nobody got time for dat.

:3

That's a great price for the Tex Murphy collection, I've wanted to buy it for a while now, even more so after the newest game was in a Humble Bundle.

I'm really tempted by Colonization and Covert Action, but I think I'll just wait for now on those.

That's a pretty good way to handle things. Though it shouldn't have really been necessary in the first place :p

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of ReduxMachine, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (ReduxMachine, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Euro Truck Simulator 2 -- MB-3433F75ABB6107AF - Taken by OFFIS. 11 entrants total.
Soundoger Plus -- MB-F2E418C5FF93A4EB - Taken by dot. 5 entrants total.
The Last Remnant -- MB-9F5B388330A909CC - Taken by someguyinahat. 23 entrants total.
Risk of Rain -- MB-E4ED513B43DF03DE - Taken by factorone. 2 entrants total.
SteamWorld Dig -- MB-09F788DAD425AF5E - Taken by skullmuffins. 12 entrants total.
One Way Heroics -- MB-D69D3C1632130043 - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 1 entrants total.
NiGHTS Into Dreams -- MB-8CB12A896D7A3288 - Taken by Christopher Mackenzie. 7 entrants total.
Really Big Sky -- MB-76091773AECC4547 - Taken by chronomac. 1 entrants total.
FEZ -- MB-ABCCA210E9711F2C - Taken by TheLight. 2 entrants total.

t1418456865z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-29905BB38A799CFF - Taken by factorone

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Mystery Gift was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Honestly, it isn't really fair to judge a game based on motion sickness. It wasn't designed to make you sick, that was just random chance. For most people, that won't be an issue. There are a few games I've played over the years that have made me motion sick, and there's never any specific reason why, it just happens. I'm sorry that happened for you, but it really isn't the game's fault, nor is it really criticism of the game design that is going to apply to most people.

It really is the developers fault: it's pretty well documented what makes and what doesn't make people sick, and Jazzpunk does many things that do: narrow FOV, slippery/hockey controls and badly applied motion blur (also variable frame rates, but that doesn't apply to Jazzpunk). They are things that make peoples brain disoriented because real life doesn't work that way. It's not random chance, it's just science^TM.

It's like saying that if you make your game so that it's supposed to be played cross eyed and say that it's just random chance that it makes your head hurt.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
But it's an Early Access game, so doesn't that mean they won't be allowed to bundle it anymore?

True, but I mean that it's already been bundled several times.

I specifically remember it being part of the Groupees Give Back bundle that was given away for free to anyone that had bought anything from Groupees in the past. So either the dev won't give out keys, or almost everyone will own that game.

It really is the developers fault: it's pretty well documented what makes and what doesn't make people sick, and Jazzpunk does many things that do: narrow FOV, slippery/hockey controls and badly applied motion blur (also variable frame rates, but that doesn't apply to Jazzpunk). They are things that make peoples brain disoriented because real life doesn't work that way. It's not random chance, it's just science^TM.

It's like saying that if you make your game so that it's supposed to be played cross eyed and say that it's just random chance that it makes your head hurt.

http://www.games.net.au/playgame.php?id=44

Arthea

I wonder how they will deal with people like me (perhaps only me) who actually lost crafted gems while attempting to reproduce the glitch >.<

I might be wrong, but I think there is nothing about abusing bugs, glitches in a steam user agreement, which I thought is strange, because usually MMOs for example have it in agreement and you can be banned for abusing those, but Valve or not care, or I wasn't too meticulous while reading it. Or metagames aren't games after all!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
No one will win it, even JaseC because he doesn't join giveaway usually.

Never have, never will. I'm hardly wealthy, but it'd feel wrong to potentially pinch a game away from somebody who may actually want to play it -- and the few games that I actually do want to play, I can just buy for myself. That time I toyed with the idea of entering the first FF7 giveaway is the closest I've come to throwing my metaphorical hat into the ring.

Never have, never will. I'm hardly wealthy, but it'd feel wrong to potentially pinch a game away from somebody who may actually want to play it -- and the few games that I actually do want to play, I can just buy for myself. That time I toyed with the idea of entering the first FF7 giveaway is the closest I've come to throwing my metaphorical hat into the ring.
I wonder... Wheelman giveaway?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

ill make sure to blacklist you in my Wheelman giveaway

edit: goddamn it Ningen

I actually bet the % of people who've won game and actually played it is rather small.

MRORANGE

Just went to watch a random gaffer play a game, had the live broadcast message - please wait message, gaffer told me he was using idle master.....

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It looks like Valve ditched the dropdown purchasing options for a lot of games that had it recently, like KAMUI.

I noticed this because I was just about to fix Enhanced Steam's regional price comparison tool to work with the new layout.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283820/

Could have been a bug, could have been something they were trying out, and could have been rolled back due to the gem debacle. Who knows!

tmarg

So I made 2 bucks off the gem debacle, got more cards, and now I'm getting reimbursed from my gem purchases???

Yes please

They'll probably only reimburse you for gems they remove from your account. So if you used them for cards, I doubt you'll get a reimbursement.

fernandes

It looks like Valve ditched the dropdown purchasing options for a lot of games that had it recently, like KAMUI.

I noticed this because I was just about to fix Enhanced Steam's regional price comparison tool to work with the new layout.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/283820/

Could have been a bug, could have been something they were trying out, and could have been rolled back due to the gem debacle. Who knows!

I hope they ditched it because that wasn't the best solution. Having a bunch of packages and prices hidden under a dropdown menu isn't a very elegant design.

Heh. I crafted a bunch and didn't even put them up for sale. Gonna wait for waifu card market to jack up again and then sell them

There's gonna be at least 7 days of booster crafting, more if it extends to the sale. The waifu market will be fucked for quite a while I think.

Top Bottom