• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Jørdan

Wallet has been reimbursed, the cards from boosters are still in my account
for now

Just noticed myself, got back more than double what I paid on the market for them. Still have 80 sitting there, guess it was in units of 100. Worked well for me, hopefully for others too, I know a bunch crated them instead.

bigzgod

Took about 1,000 gems and gave me back about $1 wallet. I guess not a bad tradeoff, though admittedly I wish I crafted more boosters yesterday. Only gained about $23 from the buying and selling of cards/booster packs.

chronomac

I didn't get refunded because I didn't get any gems. The most I got was this:

GEHP4u3.png

I still have it, by the way. I think I'm going to keep it.

Colin.

If I knew all the gems were going to be wiped out, I would of gotten more boosters last night. I got the main ones I wanted, so it's better than nothing I suppose.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I didn't buy any gems, so I didn't get any refund. But I got 14940 gems back - which means I got back all of the gems I spent making booster packs last night.

This resolution is all over the place.

inm8num2

All my gems are back (17100 total, none purchased in market). It seems the sales from cards opened from boosters I crafted haven't been reversed either.

Jørdan

Hmm, assuming I can shift these cards (inc. six foils - which ain't as easy) at current prices I'll come to around £8 profit from it all. Just enough for Anno when it goes on sale, so thanks for the Christmas present Valve <3

I didn't buy any gems, so I didn't get any refund. But I got 14940 gems back - which means I got back all of the gems I spent making booster packs last night.

This resolution is all over the place.

I also got about 5k gems back. Weird

Booster crafting values are the same

AsylumX

hmmmmmmmmmm

Just got some money randomly added to my Steam Wallet and a voucher. Is that the Gem reimbursement? If it is, they paid me too much :p

Edit: Actually, no it may be accurate, and I may just be really bad at keeping track of everything... I can't remember

Got $1.5 back but my gems went from 8k to 4k... Can't complain. Free Moneyz, thanks valve.

Speevy

Banned
Probably already covered, but Steam refunded all my gems from the booster packs I bought last night. Seems like I should've tried for more... :3

See, this just isn't fair at all.

I bought over 150 booster packs last night. Where are my gems, my money, my anything?

I want what everyone else is getting, and I'm gonna pretend to be angry until I get it!

dex3108

This auction is for farmers only. Ordinary users don't have any chance. Also Booster packs are really expensive now. Oh well i will keep my community items afterall :D

StAidan

I didn't buy any gems, so no money back, but like jshackles I got back all the gems I spent on boosters -- and the cards were left in my inventory.

I imagine their ability to detect a full-on chain of ownership and roll it all back with 100% accuracy is probably limited. I'm ok with how I made out, in any case.

Lomax

Now it's at 1,365€. Don't worry, I won't post daily updates but something extreme like this doesn't happen all too often.

Do you think game companies will update their russian prices to reflect the devaluation? Or perhaps this change is part of the recent impetus that seems to be to crack down on trading from that market?

Colin.

I thought they would of just refunded me based on the sacks of gems I had left, but considering how much of a mess this was, I guess just refunding the total you paid made it a lot easier for them. No complaints here. Cheers for the free boosters Valve!

derExperte

Do you think game companies will update their russian prices to reflect the devaluation? Or perhaps this change is part of the recent impetus that seems to be to crack down on trading from that market?

Then the games would become more expensive for Russians and since trading is heavily restricted for new games I don't think much will change. Of course if it continues like this (and seeing how Russia is behaving in general recently it could very well do that) game pubs/devs sooner or later have to raise prices a bit.

The rich get richer, the poor get sacked.

Not true, I didn't get richer. :p

dex3108

So i can get 10 Gems for most of my backgrounds and Booster Packs are 600+ Gems? Nice try Valve. This year i will only collect my Winter Sale Badge and that is it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm away for the week-end at my parents in law and currently well marinated from food and wine and decided to check steam thread because half drunk and a bit bored and suddenly

The world of steam is not the same as it was.
There's gems and they went away and came back for some, except for those who flew too close to the sun

Lawd have mercy

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Fuck. Should have made more of those booster packs yesterday. At least the card prices seem to be going back up.

Colin.

Should I delete all my 3 cent buy orders now?

Depends on how much you want them. With all the buy orders being wiped out last night, I put in a few buy orders were I was the only buyer at the time, and at that price point. Could end up paying off.

Nete

I got refunded the 0.50&#8364; I used to buy gems, the gems in my inventory went from 16k to 21k (they took away the ones I bought and gave me back the gems I crafted with CSGO backgrounds?) AND the money I won selling boosters is still there.

Yay?

tioslash

So I have 16000 gems and I´m creating a few Booster Packs. Should I open them and sell all the cards right away, craft the badge if I just need 1 or 2 cards to complete the set, or wait until the sale starts and then sell the cards?

Top Bottom