• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Lomax

You know, while they say the booster creator will last after the auction, all the gem cash in notifications mention the auction. I wonder if maybe gem values are currently inflated for the auction? Or if they may change periodically? They seem completely arbitrary as it currently stands.

Dr Dogg

Why do I like Valve? Simple Half-Life. Not only did it pretty much turn the industry on it's head it changed the way I looked at games in part and as a whole. What's even more impressive that this wasn't built upon by years of experience and countless successful games but this was their first attempt.

Knurek

Okay, say what you will about Deadalic as a workplace, or as an adventure game developer, but damn, can they do some amazing 2D artwork...

203830_2014-12-13_000z4f2t.png
203830_2014-12-13_000z4iti.png

Turfster

Daily Spore 75% off

Humble Store Dailies
  • The Wolf Among Us
  • Murdered Soul Suspect
  • Tropico 5
  • Godus
  • Spintires
  • Wargame Red Dragon
  • Warhammer 40K Space Marine
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon
  • Verdun 1914-1918
  • Metro Last Light Redux
  • Far Cry 3
  • Just Cause 2
  • Oddworld Munch's Oddysee
  • Dungeons Gold
  • Rocksmith 2014
  • Risen 3 Titan Lord
  • Nimbus
  • Ironclad Tactics
  • Halfway
  • Far cry 2
  • Expeditions Conquistador
  • Van Helsing complete pack
  • Skullgirls
  • Sunless Sea
  • The Night of the rabbit
  • System Shock 2
  • Warlock II The Exiled
  • The Cave
  • Shank 2
  • Bionic Dues
  • Onikira
  • The Book of Unwritten Tales
  • Galactic Civilizations II Ultimate

Pachimari

Honestly, all I'm waiting for is Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes for this month and H1Z1 for next month. I'm not gonna touch anything else for a while or come near the Winter Sales.

Though, I really do want a 50% cut on Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare. ;)

Nordicus

The fact that bids carry over from auction to auction is the stupidest idea ever, really.
That's... not how auctions work.
Multi-item auctions? Err, actually, that kinda is how it works. In fact, Steam could have allowed a person to put multiple separate bids to compete at the same time, but they chose not to. Although in practice this is just mildly more inconvenient.

And clearly, you have not seen the different wacky auction types that exist

Turfster

Multi-item auctions? Err, actually, that kinda is how it works. In fact, Steam could have allowed a person to put multiple separate bids to compete at the same time, but they chose not to. Although in practice this is just mildly more inconvenient.
No, multiple auctions for different items is not the problem.
The fact that people can just whack down insane amounts of gems long before the auctions actually start and then not even have to bother about them any more. There's 100 distinct auctions for the same items running one after the other, and the fact that you can just bid once and forget about it is just plain wrong =p

Lomax

Ugh, try to actually play a game (I know, my first mistake) and I can't even get Hack n Slash to boot up without just crashing. Given the nature of the game I thought maybe that was a design point, but apparently not. Very obnoxious.

Speevy

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Speevy:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Speevy, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Wolf Among Us -- MB-06772E4781F1CB5F - Taken by Bayonetta. 40 entrants total.
Skullgirls -- MB-6255A335FD104309 - Taken by ExoSoul. 13 entrants total.

t1418505410z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Disable the continuous scrolling option until it's fixed.

That's correct. Some people alerted me to this last night but I've not found a clearcut solution to fixing it yet other than disabling that feature. Essentially this is happening because the auction page is on the steamcommunity.com domain, but it's embedding the "auction" part of the page from store.steampowered.com. Chrome gets it right, but Firefox is triggering a second "document.ready" command when the embedded page is loaded from the store domain. This second command is causing ES to think your browsing search results on store.steampowered.com so it adds stuff like the "hide" buttons and continuous scrolling features.

I'm still working on a fix for it, but as JaseC said in the meantime you'll need to disable that feature to see all the pages.

Chariot

I don't even know what FF type 0 is, nor do I care for FF at all, but more Japanese games on PC I can get behind.
It's the treasure that rightfully belongs to Vita-chan.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fft0_na

If you want see Type 0 on PC, select "No" when the survey asks you if you want purchase the game, then when it asks why, select "I do not own a system to play it", or something similar :D
I did my duty for queen and country.

The verdict: Artifex Mundi has yet to disappoint me in terms of these kinds of games. If you need a change of pace from something hardcore, get it. If you like casual type games, or point and click adventures, get it. They appear in bundles pretty often, so if you happen to get one, you should consider registering the key yourself instead of giving it away. But you don't have to just blindly listen to me: after all, a man chooses, a slave obeys.

Word. I liked both Nightmares From the Deep games (the "ghost pirate" ones) better, but Abyss is great for gamers simply because of how directly it cribs it's environment from Bioshock. I never thought i'd like these half-hidden-object / half-easy-adventure games, but I've enjoyed basically every one Artifex Mundi has put out on Steam. They're great bite-sized palette cleansers between more serious games.

Relax.MX

I have months away, may not remember me. I see here are many new big games, Metal Gear Solid? Final Fantasy? another new territory for Gabe Kingdoms?

Steam Thread in Community? Sad...

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I have months away, may not remember me. I see here are many new big games, Metal Gear Solid? Final Fantasy? another new territory for Gabe Kingdoms?

Steam Thread in Community? Sad...

I tend to remember people via linking their avatars to names. I believe you switched yours however.

Khronico

AW's performance is strange to me. I haven't found a combination of settings yet that will minimize the frame drops that happen every so often, but I did find out that using AA doesn't have any noticeable difference in framerate. Not only that, dropping my resolution to 720p doesn't do much either.

Jørdan;143099497 said:
jsjyExt.png

Went all in with the 80 gems I have, seems we got some jokers at the table.
Woah. #37 with only 80 gems?
Hm. I was already sure getting games via auction wouldn't be cheaper than usual.

But this has me tempted again. Either some folks will get some games for crazy cheap prices or item-hogs will bid more expensive equivalents of game prices :/

To invest into gems or not... guess I'll do it oldschool.
-
That was in March.
Yeah, crazy good tier 1. I didn't know about bundles at all at that time, so it flew by me.
Thought Alpha Protocol would show up in the latest Sega Humble but it turned out dlc/sonic stuff :(
-
Today is the date of my birth.
Happy birthday doopy!
-
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/fft0_na
If you want see Type 0 on PC, select "No" when the survey asks you if you want purchase the game, then when it asks why, select "I do not own a system to play it", or something similar :D
Did my part. From what I saw in trailers, I really dig the aesthetics.

Top Bottom