• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Backlogger

I'm still trying to understand the point of the gems. Is there any point in me having them if I don't want to bid on any of the games?

"If you have nothing in your Inventory to recycle, you can also trade for Gems or purchase them on the Community Market."

But the gems in my inventory say they are not Not Tradable, Not Marketable

So if I don't want to use them to bid on games and can't sell them is there any point in me having them?

Ruruja

I'm still trying to understand the point of the gems. Is there any point in me having them if I don't want to bid on any of the games?

"If you have nothing in your Inventory to recycle, you can also trade for Gems or purchase them on the Community Market."

But the gems in my inventory say they are not Not Tradable, Not Marketable

So if I don't want to use them to bid on games and can't sell them is there any point in me having them?

Buy Booster Packs with them.

http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/boostercreator/

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Bayonetta, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tumblr_mc3scdslSo1re539jo1_400.gif

Sexy Beach Fighting Game 5: Last Bikini -- MB-53DE072A95F9688D - Taken by Benedict. 36 entrants total.

t1418509010z1.png

gngf123

B/S/T thread or tf2 key trading. (people trade for 4 keys, which is more or less 8$)

That's pretty neat. I've actually not done key trading before but have seen people talking about it. What's the best way to set something like that up? Steamtrades and buy the keys as wanted?

dot

I need Sexy Beach Fighting Game 5: Last Bikini.

ModBot said:
Instructions for dot:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
LEGO The Hobbit -- MB-9CA5ACC11D486F81 - Taken by redlacs. 17 entrants total.

t1418500011z1.png

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Alone in the Dark -- MB-E1F92342785A96A9 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 5 entrants total.
Kraven Manor -- MB-70D7276136D4161F - Taken by Gvaz. 6 entrants total.
Doorways 1&2 -- MB-78B75B101335D620 - Taken by Ruruja. 3 entrants total.

t1418500311z1.png

Nordicus

Woah. #37 with only 80 gems?
Hm. I was already sure getting games via auction wouldn't be cheaper than usual.

But this has me tempted again. Either some folks will get some games for crazy cheap prices or item-hogs will bid more expensive equivalents of game prices :/
Oh yeah, it's not every game, and there's no telling if you can actually win something with it once the proper auction starts, but you can certainly make top #100 on some games with 100 gems or less right now

Here's a bunch of mine. Every game has a top bid of 3'000 or higher.

madjoki

Woah. #37 with only 80 gems?
Hm. I was already sure getting games via auction wouldn't be cheaper than usual.

I'm #37 with one gem (another game). I will be definitely waiting to see how it turns out.
There's still games with less than 50 bids. and hundreds of games with less than 100 bids.

If/when I don't win anything , I'll just make random boosters.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Oh yeah, it's not every game, and there's no telling if you can actually win something with it once the proper auction starts, but you can certainly make top #100 on some games with 100 gems or less right now
Here's a bunch of mine. Every game has a top bid of 3'000 or higher.
Huh, I really can't tell as well how much games will go during auctions. I think that the first dozen copies will go for plenty gems but there's always the thought lurking that for many lesser known games, the last few dozen copies will go for only few cents worth of gems.

Wish you luck man! I'll sit this one out.

Nordicus

Wish you luck man! I'll sit this one out.
Hah thanks, I'll need it, because I have an auction related bet going on with my friend right now. He's saying this auction is whale-exclusive bullshit of highest caliber and I'm saying I can get things cheaper here than any (non-bundle or freebie) sale.

I'm #37 with one gem (another game). I will be definitely waiting to see how it turns out.
There's still games with less than 50 bids. and hundreds of games with less than 100 bids.
If/when I don't win anything , I'll just make random boosters.
So high with so few gems.... so few bids for many games....

Dammit people! You really are testing my resolution here -_-

I think I'll take a glance at the auction after all.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
So high with so few gems.... so few bids for many games....

Dammit people! You really are testing my resolution here -_-

I think I'll take a glance at the auction after all.

I really wouldn't bother with it until the 45 minute rounds start. The bids are just going to keep increasing in price anyway.

Turfster

I really wouldn't bother with it until the 45 minute rounds start. The bids are just going to keep increasing in price anyway.

The problem is that all those increased bids are permanent, so you're basically either waiting for all of them to get something, or need to up your own bid constantly.

Of course it'd be people with anime waifus avatars that would want Sexy Beach Fighting Game 5: Last Bikini.
Does that mean I want it?
yeah, I do >.<

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Blades of Time -- MB-BBCA1FA9BE079E64 - Taken by KainXVIII

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Zero Gear -- MB-EC0F9DBB5C6884C2 - Taken by orthodoxy1095

Top Bottom