• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

So with the Winter sale impending, what can a first time Winter Sale buyer expect?

Summer sale was a first also, but a buddy of mine said the Winter Sale is even more insane.

Turfster

So with the Winter sale impending, what can a first time Winter Sale buyer expect?

Summer sale was a first also, but a buddy of mine said the Winter Sale is even more insane.

We don't actually know, but we're definitely getting community votes for games to go on sale, which will get you more holiday cards.

denx

Nah, Winter sale is about the same as the Summer sale, just longer.

edit: dammit

derExperte

I'm not kidding though, when does it start?

- Stop asking about the winter sale date, most likely it will be on the 18/19th of December and last two weeks.
- Stop asking if x/y/z will be on sale and at what discount. almost all games are discounted.
- This thread will closed during the winter sale. Do not post damage lists when you come back.

(Last point is wrong.)

Dr Dogg

Is Charlie = Blanka canon? I don't keep up with all this lore.

Wasn't that just the movie lumping them together?

- Stop asking about the winter sale date, most likely it will be on the 18/19th of December and last two weeks.
- Stop asking if x/y/z will be on sale and at what discount. almost all games are discounted.
- This thread will closed during the winter sale. Do not post damage lists when you come back.

1st rule of SteamGAF; nobody reads the OP.
2nd rule; nobody listens to Turfster.

Teeth

Is Charlie = Blanka canon? I don't keep up with all this lore.
That is not canon. Blanka was left in the jungle as a child, Charlie was friends with Guile in the army and was not a green skinned monster.

The movie made that up to shoehorn in as many characters as possible.

Milamber

Wasn't that just the movie lumping them together?
That is not canon. Blanka was left in the jungle as a child, Charlie was friends with Guile in the army and was not a green skinned monster.

The movie made that up to shoehorn in as many characters as possible.
Thanks. I got the movie mixed up into the game version somehow.

EDIT: Every time someone asks when Sale starts or if something may be cheaper, a virtual girl is raped.

Anteater

DAT STREET FIGHTER 5 GAF
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LaW9YRcyBso

I NEED THAT ALPHA DAMNIT!

buhahaha that noodle bowl

1L61OE1.jpg

Speevy

Banned
I think we'll have some good deals but I don't think those huge games we were waiting on are materializing as quickly.

We have some solid indie material, but I just don't see the must haves this year compared to previous years.

Cheddahz

Banned

(Last point is wrong.)

If you actually looked at my posts, you would know that I asked about the summer sale

Speevy

Banned
I think I'm gonna do giveaways this year that showcase recently released indie games, like stuff from the last few months.

A game like Distance would definitely be worth considering.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Someone sent me a code snippet and I was able to adapt it to work with Enhanced Steam.

Should prove pretty useful. Also, I'm planning on issuing a maintenance release as I've fixed the bug in Firefox that causes the auction page to break, added this feature, and a few other little things.

I think I'm gonna do giveaways this year that showcase recently released indie games, like stuff from the last few months.

Thanks for that little bit of inspiration. Distance looks like good fun! I added it to the wishlist. Now to see if I can find some impressions on it.

Dear lord, am I trying so hard to Platinum God Isaac before tackling Rebirth...even though I already had 11 hours documented.

I just had unfinished business.

Far Cry 4 is a good indie game that needs to be showcased... *cough*goldversion*cough*

I definitely never heard of Ubisoft before this... and I was surprised it was the 4th game in the series. :3

Benedict

I'm too old to comprehend this gem-market.
Guess it's still best to sell backgrounds while the prices still are inflated?
Most of the usual 0.03€ backgrounds are selling for 0.05€
Is that right?

Top Bottom