• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Anustart

Aww yeah. Just realized since I hit level 20 a couple days ago I got another showcase on my profile. I'm showing off my 25% off Pixel Piracy coupon. You fuckin lamers ain't got nothing on that.

bluechox2

ModBot said:
Instructions for bluechox2:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste. Your giveaway will be automatically reposted on your behalf.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bluechox2, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-69EDF2F9EDA2E3DC - Taken by factorone. 3 entrants total.
Nosgoth Veteran Pack -- MB-B10C3D9C2AA743CD - Taken by Pranay_. 1 entrants total.

t1414389953z1.png
these are still available

Turfster

When calculating the value of the auctions, what kind of conversion are y'all doing? Some seem like decent deals, but I'm not sure.

market value of 1000 gems, so uh... let's say 0.50-ish, so 10000 gems is 5, valued against what the game would be worth at a possible price reduction in less than a week.

Tenrius

I heard Black Mirror was really well-written, so I decided to try it. The intro sequence was intriguing and the art style seems to be great while the voice acting is a bit stiff. Will play more of it tomorrow, is anybody willing to share their thoughts in the meantime?

On a side note, I have 999 Steam games now. It's strange when you think about it: I typically finish about 40 games a year, so it would take me about 25 years to play through them all at this pace (of course, it would actually be less, because I've already finished a hundred or so of those games and a lot of them are much shorter than the kind of games I usually play). If I started right now, I'd be 46 by the time I was finished with this task, getting ready for Christmas 2039. And I'd still have 25000 more Steam games to play, provided I'd have kept buying them at the current rate, which would take 625 more years.

market value of 1000 gems, so uh... let's say 0.50-ish, so 10000 gems is 5, valued against what the game would be worth at a possible price reduction in less than a week.
Alright, at that conversion rate it looks like I might be able get some decent deals on the games no one is paying attention to. I'm getting a bit sick of sitting here crafting badges.

When calculating the value of the auctions, what kind of conversion are y'all doing? Some seem like decent deals, but I'm not sure.

I actually made a rough little Google Docs spreadsheet for calculating, but I have a very rudimentary understanding of spreadsheet programs, it's probably very primitive. I tried figuring out how to make it public so other people could use it, but I can't figure my way around how sharing Docs works.

qWAaH2j.png

If anybody wants to look at it though, let me know. Maybe somebody with more experience could figure out how to make it shareable.

agniswarm

Banned
I actually made a rough little Google Docs spreadsheet for calculating, but I have a very rudimentary understanding of spreadsheet programs, it's probably very primitive. I tried figuring out how to make it public so other people could use it, but I can't figure my way around how sharing Docs works.

qWAaH2j.png

If anybody wants to look at it though, let me know. Maybe somebody with more experience could figure out how to make it shareable.

Make a link and put permission to only view. Then post the link all can view the document but only you can change it.

Make a link and put permission to only view. Then post the link all can view the document but only you can change it.

Yeah I got that much, but I meant share it in a way that people could plug in their own numbers. I suppose I could just put it up with basic bid price ranges, and people could guesstimate from there...

Lain

LazyGuys sent me an email letting me know about a Yury steam key being added to the Late August bundle (I completely forgot I bought it too). Too bad I had already redeemed it from the Indiegala bundle.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Yury -- MB-35897FD013F6D764 - Taken by SalsaShark

agniswarm

Banned
Yeah I got that much, but I meant share it in a way that people could plug in their own numbers. I suppose I could just put it up with basic bid price ranges, and people could guesstimate from there...

Then just give the permission to edit. People can change numbers as and when they like.

Noooo!!! I can't participate now since even my time using the computer is restricted.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Too bad gems not in a sack can't be sold now, I've only used it to unpack booster packs for the badges I want. I would really just trade them all had it been possible.

Phawx

I don't think people are doing the math on the gems. 10k gems is $7. Some people are bidding more on gems than the game will be worth when discounted next week.

This war of mine has bids up to 60k which is $42 in gems. People are clearly not using their noodle.

Edit: It also looks like my gem making badge is gone. Do you have to craft a certain amount of gems to get that?

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Since finals are over, I wanted to set up my racing wheel and have some fun with racing games. I tried Grid but it looks really dated so I wanted to try GRID 2.

I've been looking at deal sites for the past 3 days looking for a sale on it. With all these auctions, I decided to check it out but Enhanced Steam said "In Library"... I checked my "Driving" category and it wasn't there. I checked my general category and it was sitting right there. GRID 2.

So I just spent 3 days looking for a deal on a game I already owned...

These sales do things to you.

Milamber

Maybe I should try my luck into bidding CoD:BO2. To bad I can't see the top 100 bids. I have no idea what to put in just to stay within the top 100.

Anustart

Why does it matter if you're in the top 100 of bidding? Top bidder can't cancel their bid, so knowing if your 2 - a billion doesn't matter right?

Top Bottom