• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

derExperte

Upgrading? Wouldn't that be a downgrade?

Supposedly better buttons, sound, lower weight, slimmer, much improved battery runtime and some like the more natural colors of the LCD more (also lasts longer, OLED has a rather limited lifespan). Plus you can now use a normal Micro-USB cable to charge it instead of the proprietary one. Very convenient.

_hekk05

Banned
The games apparently won't work in other countries than Germany/ maybe europe though.

also obligatory youboughtavita.gif

qoaifz.gif

Are they region locked? Because I think Singapore might be considered under PAL.

_hekk05

Banned
Ah I see. The download codes are locked to your PSN region. Gamecards are region free.

Welp my PS4 is under US PSN, and I'll probably buy PS+ for it, so I guess that's 10 codes into the B/S/T thread

derExperte

How has no one posted that gif in the deal thread yet.
The codes are either locked to German PSN or EU PSN. I doubt Singapore will work.

On PS3 I could create an US account, activate codes through it and still play them while logged into my DE one. Not sure if that works on Vita, aren't the account bound to a memory card?

_hekk05

Banned
On PS3 I could create an US account, activate codes through it and still play them while logged into my DE one. Not sure if that works on Vita, aren't the account bound to a memory card?

Supposedly each memory card is bound to a specific region, and you have to reformat when changing regions. The juggle is real

Supposedly each memory card is bound to a specific region, and you have to reformat when changing regions. The juggle is real

Yeah this. Changing regions/accounts requires a factory reset and a format or a second memory card. If you're willing to juggle those it's fine, but it's a hassle and the only thing that sucks about the Vita.

kulapik

Are people really wasting 484,200 gems on a cosmetic thing that only lasts for a month?

I don't wanna live in this planet anymore.

_hekk05

Banned
Are people really wasting 484,200 gems on a cosmetic thing that only lasts for a month?

484200 gems come to about 242 usd. I just bought a damn vita for 140.

Ehhhh it's the steam community market. What can I say?

Lomax

Some people spent upwards of 10 grand on badges in previous sales. Every time you sell a card on the market you should thank those people, they help pay for your games :)

kulapik

Some people spent upwards of 10 grand on badges in previous sales. Every time you sell a card on the market you should thank those people, they help pay for your games :)

Well, in this case they are helping me buy more gems lol

And even if I don't win shit I still have the booster pack way I guess

It's great, all these whales are emptying the market of gems hopefully meaning the rest of us can get at least one thing out of the auction. Maybe!

this gem thing is a mess.

So in the past 12 hours, gems have come back and the price is rising. Damn. Trying to sell my gems for boosters. FF13 booster is selling for around .98

While the gem bubble is happening, Amazon germany is selling Vitas for 100 euros. wtf is happening

I'm honestly quite tempted

edit: wtf its 84 euros now? temptation rising

double edit: a bug on amazon is showing 84 euros as price before checkout lol
its actually 108.25 euros inc shipping

triple edit: Its actually 84.01 eur and 24.24 shipping

Damn, I wish we didn't have so many restrictions on imports, that's a really good price compared to what we pay here for a Vita.

StAidan

I just sold 9 sacks of gems and came out with $5.49, putting me in the black for all those emotes/backgrounds I bought for booster crafting. Gotta love free badges!

So on a lark I figured i'd play some Train Simulator 2015 for the first time in the background while grading some student final projects.

This is probably old news for most, but the opening video is *amazing* in it's pomposity. It makes it sound like being a "railfan" is the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeJfDDN96JU

"Thousands of tons... and hundreds of souls... all relying on *you*!"

So I made it approximately 5 minutes before catastrophically derailing my first train. Go me!

Ventara

Those screenshots of The Dark Eye have gotten me in the mood to play a Daedelic game. Despite being a fan of adventure games, it's been a while since I've played one, and this one looks really good.

And damn, I just noticed both Shadownet and Ozium are banned. I was wondering why I hadn't seen them posting recently. What happened?

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Those screenshots of The Dark Eye have gotten me in the mood to play a Daedelic game. Despite being a fan of adventure games, it's been a while since I've played one, and this one looks really good.

And damn, I just noticed both Shadownet and Ozium are banned. I was wondering why I hadn't seen them posting recently. What happened?

They had a fight here.

Top Bottom