• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Chariot

tumblr_n6o4kymFXb1r3fop8o1_r1_500.gif
Another day, another try. Thanks, Bayonetta.

THIS TIME I GET IT, OUT OF MY WAY

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I'm just going to pretend this whole gems bullshit doesn't exist so I don't feel like I'm constantly missing out on steam credit or whatever.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-70C00BC42C444665 - Taken by drakaenae

Spyware

I can't fully articulate why, but I think of Trine 1 and 2 as spring games.
Ah, I have the second one in my backlog so I'll put that up as a spring game :D Maybe I won't agree but at least I have something more than Toki Tori now :p

How about Botanicula? It's about young plants and growing seeds. That's pretty spring-themed.
Yeah I got that suggestion on twitter too and I agree... because I sadly already played it :p Would have been great tho.

I'm thinking of categorising some post-apocalyptic games that has a "nice" environment as spring games. The "oh the world was dark and bad but now it's getting green and nice again" feeling might feel the most like spring. I need to fill that space with something.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So about Star Wars Battlefront 2, I'm having an issue where cutscene movies before and after missions only play for like a second and then they skip out, like if I had hit escape or something to skip them. Movies play fine everywhere else in the game, but in quick play or the campaign they just don't play for more than a split second.

Any ideas on how to fix this? The game plays great otherwise, and I'd really like to see the cutscenes!

you call them mindless games? why exactly? just curious

Well I'm an old hand at point-and-click adventures. A lot of hidden object games contain strong point-and-click elements, but they're relatively easy. You can go through it and not be taxed too much. Don't get me wrong, they can still be GOOD games. The good ones actually eschew obtuse puzzles for more simple fare.

Turfster

Ugh, I never should have looked into upgrading my vidcard, the internet is giving me a headache. "This runs fine with a 500W PSU" "No it needs a 700W PSU at least!"

The_Monk

Same thing happens to me, the "My Activity" only shows things that I have done in the last couple of days, sometimes nothing at all.

Getting a blank page, too. Thought it was due to some cut-off period (like a week), but not sure. I can see your screenshots if I navigate to this page, although I haven't noticed any recent uploads of yours in the Friends activity section

So it's not just me, that's a shame indeed... Worst part is, I can see you that you see my uploads by going to the page you linked but the fact that they are not showing in the Activity for everyone is odd. Not even I can see my own Activity feed.

I wonder if this a common problem recently or only some users are experience such things. I hope they can fix this issue as soon as possible.

derExperte

Ugh, I never should have looked into upgrading my vidcard, the internet is giving me a headache. "This runs fine with a 500W PSU" "No it needs a 700W PSU at least!"

Chances are high that the first dude is right, it's difficult to built a system that needs 700W even when using multiple graphics cards.

drakaenae

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

w5Bqht8.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-70C00BC42C444665 - Taken by drakaenae

Thanks for the giveaway. Mystery game was Chaos Domain.

I initially dismissed this whole auction thing until I realized I have a pretty good chance of winning a low-risk awesome game for only a few hundred gems. :D

Coreda

So it's not just me, that's a shame indeed... Worst part is, I can see you that you see my uploads by going to the page you linked but the fact that they are not showing in the Activity for everyone is odd. Not even I can see my own Activity feed.

I wonder if this a common problem recently or only some users are experience such things. I hope they can fix this issue as soon as possible.

So your recent activity isn't displaying in other friends activity feeds either? I wonder if it has to do with your profile settings, as I notice your profile page is set to private even when friended. You could probably test this.

shiiit can't decide what to play

need more mindless games

The king of mindless fun games is Crimsonland.

The HD steam remaster is 90% as good as the original (I don't like the few gameplay changes they made, but you should'nt notice if you did'nt play the original.)

Its still a GOAT pick-up-and-play game.

Turfster

Chances are high that the first dude is right.

Well, that's what I'm hoping, since I have a 530W Hamburg I only got at the start of the year when my last PSU died =p

Daily Next Car Game Wreckfest 50% off

Humble Store Daily
  • Legend of Grimrock II
  • Xenonauts
  • Ziggurat
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Styx FLASH
  • Grim Dawn
  • Hotline Miami
  • F.3.A.R.
  • Assflag
  • Castle of Illusion
  • A Bird story
  • Oddworld Stranger's Wrath HD
  • Just Cause 2 DLC Collection
  • King's Bounty Collector's Pack
  • MotoGP 14
  • Mount & Blade Warband Napoleonic Wars
  • Overgrowth
  • Retro City Rampage DX
  • Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
  • Sproggiwood
  • LEGO MOVIE
  • The Swapper
  • Titan Quest
  • Amnesia
  • Anomaly 2
  • Botanicula
  • Rome total war
  • Mind
  • Dreamcast Collection
  • Trials Fusion
  • Machinarium
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
  • Deponia

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Looks like I'm in the market for a new router (yet again I have to deal with an unexpected expense just before the Winter Sale); my 'net connection has been practically unusable for quite a while now thanks to constant drop-outs. I'm leaning towards the cause being hardware-related rather than line-related as too many times I've refreshed the router status page some minutes after restarting it to see the line still synchronised only for it to drop the moment the router processes any sort of traffic... like the first time I tried to preview this post.

I could tough it out until after the Winter Sale, but I don't want to risk missing out on deals because I can't load anything.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SilentMatthew, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Titan Quest -- MB-E7FC404704BCD07A - Taken by trailmix16
Draw a Stickman: EPIC -- MB-4F75AD27E49C1B3A - Taken by Purkake4
Awesomenauts -- MB-84BB31D95160DDB3 - Taken by agniswarm
Bastion -- MB-D67891265E70310C - Taken by gimel
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (Origin) -- MB-3E45E644E7BB140F - Taken by hepburn3d
Frozen Synapse -- MB-44AEA435212FA15F - Taken by sensoft04
Cave Story Plus -- MB-8D26950B739305EE - Taken by Naked Snake
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (Origin) -- MB-DA3A08A96BD063EB
LIMBO -- MB-01BD2A9F4B5B8633 - Taken by Bubbavelli
Dungeon Defenders Plus All DLC -- MB-CC08ADD8CFAF7223 - Taken by legacyzero

Hm... a lot of giveaways in the page.

The_Monk

So your recent activity isn't displaying in other friends activity feeds either? I wonder if it has to do with your profile settings, as I notice your profile page is set to private even when friended. You could probably test this.

That is so strange! I never put my Profile on Private for my friends! Changed so all my friends can see my profile now (even if I never put it on Private, just for people who are not on my friends list). Will try to upload something to test this.

Thanks a lot for pointing this out. :)

EDIT: "My Activity" still have a Blank screen, however. Will need to test the other issues.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Farming World -- MB-6C85E82DEB65FBEA - Taken by Benedict
Aquanox 2 -- MB-0EBE083A9FD46F3D - Taken by Speevy
Rescue: Everyday Heroes -- MB-88AD2C2984F1BE80 - Taken by bluechox2
Steel Storm: Complete -- MB-7B52E5FA57D45571 - Taken by orthodoxy1095
Post Master -- MB-C5FDB3D0829D1FDF - Taken by gaiadyne
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-BE14892941280ABE - Taken by soapypanda

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Farming World was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Aquanox 2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Rescue: Everyday Heroes was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Steel Storm: Complete was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Error: The key you tried to add for Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator: failed because it was already in ModBot from another user. If you wish to re-gift a key, please read the help thread under 'I accidentally took a key I didn't want' and follow those instructions before re-adding.
Note: The key you added for Post Master was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ballpoint Universe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
That is so strange! I never put my Profile on Private for my friends! Changed so all my friends can see my profile now (even if I never put it on Private, just for people who are not on my friends list). Will try to upload something to test this.

Yeah, having a private profile also stops Steam from sharing your activity with friends.

legacyzero

Banned
So I tried to give Advanced Warfare a shot on PC (As I've been primarily playing it on PS4).

While the game controls better because of KB/M, it is literally still complete shit connection-wise.

-Freezes
-Hitching
-Warping

All due to bad netcode, and the SAME problems plaguing the PS4 version.. And you know what I find fishy? When I look at the connection bars? All full. Strange, that.

As a DayZ fan that knows little about H1Z1, care to give me a TL;DR about the game?

Anteater

woo thanks!

Gunhound EX, One Finger Death Punch, Killer is Dead come to mind. Give those a play~
Or heck whatever racing game that you fancy.

Yeah racing games are nice, I kind of got bored of the ones I have tho, I'll pick up split second when it drops in price more. I've beaten one finger death punch and killer is dead on their default difficulty, great games.

Bought Words for Evil yesterday. Nice time waster.
Deep Dungeons of Doom. Simple yet fun rogue-like-lite.
Super House of the Dead Ninjas. Rogue-like-lite action, cheap.

All of these are on the very cheap end of the price spectrum.

I'll look into those!

The king of mindless fun games is Crimsonland.

The HD steam remaster is 90% as good as the original (I don't like the few gameplay changes they made, but you should'nt notice if you did'nt play the original.)

Its still a GOAT pick-up-and-play game.

reminds me of smash tv

Thousands of aliens, giant spiders, mutant lizards, and more are on the attack - can you survive the onslaught?

this is the game for zkylon

RS4-

Looks like I'm in the market for a new router (yet again I have to deal with an unexpected expense just before the Winter Sale); my 'net connection has been practically unusable for quite a while now thanks to constant drop-outs. I'm leaning towards the cause being hardware-related rather than line-related as too many times I've refreshed the router status page some minutes after restarting it to see the line still synchronised only for it to drop the moment the router processes any sort of traffic... like the first time I tried to preview this post.

I could tough it out until after the Winter Sale, but I don't want to risk missing out on deals because I can't load anything.

Mine randomly drops my wireless too here and there, or speeds go down to 1mbps. I just have to refresh the channel to get it working, still annoying though.

So I'm leaning towards the c7 or the r6250.

The_Monk

Yeah, having a private profile also stops Steam from sharing your activity with friends.

I either messed it up and changed it somehow or I don't get it how it was changed but either way is public now. Thanks for also helping my good man! :)

I only took two screenshots and it was enough for me to see that they were not appearing, glad it's sorted out. I'm not sure if I'm giving the correct links but it was one from Final Fantasy XIII and one from Street Fighter IV

Well, that's what I'm hoping, since I have a 530W Hamburg I only got at the start of the year when my last PSU died =p

Is it a stock card or is it overclocked?

For a R9 290X, 530 on the power supply actually is probably not enough. That card uses tons of power, I think it, stock, maxes out around 225-250 under full draw and under very specific conditions can spike up to around 300W,? It'd probably be much safer on a 650W supply.

It's not giving you much power left for your proc, mobo, etc

MadGear

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Orcs Must Die! 2: Complete Pack -- MB-B2BAA57E45B054BD - Taken by NihonTiger90. 7 entrants total.

t1418582441z1.png

Still had this gem rotting away unclaimed from a previous Humble Bundle. Have fun.

Top Bottom