• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

kevin1025

Banned

madjoki

Theres 2000 and something titles available. In many cases it seems to be worth it, just dont go for the popular stuff.

1925, some auctions are for multiple games, these are listed separately for each game.

Yeah less popular stuff has great discounts at current gem prices. But popular stuff is really insane, if you're buying gems/backgrounds to scrap.

Software isn't that popular and mostly at very good prices.

On side note added game prices to my list along with "discount percentage", optionally in gems, as guideline for bidding.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i love nier (did the 4 endings grind shit and everything) and kaine spends all the game wearing lingerie but the fact that doa has "breast tech" is probably a hint i'm never gonna like it

i have to draw the line somewhere

You can turn off the breast jiggle in the options

Off
Natural
DOA
OMG
ibcJcIE6x55jWZ.gif

have you been following the updates? i feel like the "ever growing" portion of the game ended up being kind of underwhelming

i was hoping for something more binding-of-isaac-esque with like new characters and new area types and new traps and new everything

I have followed the updates and while its not as fast or big updates as I was expecting it was nice. I believe there are still some updates they want to put into the game so we'll continue watching.

EDIT: Seriously leaving because a picture of a spider? >.>

You can turn off the breast jiggle in the options

Off
Natural
DOA
OMG
ibcJcIE6x55jWZ.gif

I have followed the updates and while its not as fast or big updates as I was expecting it was nice. I believe there are still some updates they want to put into the game so we'll continue watching.

EDIT: Seriously leaving because a picture of a spider? >.>

Well, everybody knows zkylon doesn't like spiders. Leaving that image there for all to see was a bit tactless
or some kind of a joke which I don't really understand.

Vazra

Well, everybody knows zkylon doesn't like spiders. Leaving that image there for all to see was a bit tactless
or some kind of a joke which I don't really understand.

I agree it was an assy move to do but still its just a picture. zkylon maybe should add people who do stuff like that to the ignore list. I have found it useful quite a bit under a few situations.

yogloo

What's everyone's strategy for the auction?
I'm eyeing a couple games and I scrapped up to around 5000 gems.
I hope I can win some stuff.

_hekk05

Banned
What's everyone's strategy for the auction?
I'm eyeing a couple games and I scrapped up to around 5000 gems.
I hope I can win some stuff.

Made money from gems, crafting badges, selling winter seal cards

rinse and repeat for negligible profits

buy games anyway

still earn a profit from gems

that profit yo

Vazra

Oh yeah, that's right, the last good Sanic game was Generations (and maybe All Star asdf transformed)

Count only the platformers. Colors and Generations are the ones considered good. Other than that the others have been weak.

Tizoc

There are so many bad games that they cant even defend Sanic anymore.

There are still good Sonic games that are worth talking about, which we actually do talk about in the community thread (well when we're not talking about other things :V).
The problem is GAFfers would rather trash talk or shit on the series than have a proper discussion about the good or better games, so barely any of the regulars in the Sonic Community thread even bother to post in ANY Sonic thread outside of the Community thread, because it'd be a waste of time, and it keeps them sane.

Because it a community joined together by a mutual appreciation of a thing that sucks.

Case in point :V

Speevy

Banned
Sonic's biggest problem is that making Sonic in 3D is an inherently bad idea, but the masses keep buying them so Sega can't stop making them.

Vazra

Sonic's biggest problem is that making Sonic in 3D is an inherently bad idea, but the masses keep buying them so Sega can't stop making them.

It's not that its a bad idea. The problem comes with the terrible camera work they do on the usual 3D games and Colors being 3D showed there are ways to make a good 3D Sonic game if they bother to actually focus on making the game work. Still has its few camera moments but knowing Sonic Team I feel that is the best they could do on terms of Sonic. Generations 3D Sonic Sections are okay too.
There are still good Sonic games that are worth talking about, which we actually do talk about in the community thread (well when we're not talking about other things :V).
The problem is GAFfers would rather trash talk or shit on the series than have a proper discussion about the good or better games, so barely any of the regulars in the Sonic Community thread even bother to post in ANY Sonic thread outside of the Community thread, because it'd be a waste of time, and it keeps them sane.

GBA Sonic Games, the Rush games and Colors were great (The gimmicks sucked tho) and apparently Lost World 3DS was good for most of the part too. The problem comes when the console versions (Which most people expect the effort to go to) fail to deliver a quality product. Sometimes I feel they should just keep the 2D Sonic and try the 3D Sonic Games once in a blue moon.

With Styx being the Flash Deal (50% off) on the Humble Store I went ahead and bought it. I had interest in getting it but wanted to wait until a deal came around. It automatically had everything maxed out when it started so that was a pleasant surprise. Picked up the Just Cause 2 DLC Bundle & The Swapper since they were just a few bucks total.

More games to add to my list that never ends...lol

Tizoc

It's not that its a bad idea. The problem comes with the terrible camera work they do on the usual 3D games and Colors being 3D showed there are ways to make a good 3D Sonic game if they bother to actually focus on making the game work. Still has its few camera moments but knowing Sonic Team I feel that is the best they could do on terms of Sonic. Generations 3D Sonic Sections are okay too.

I agree, and as Jim Sterling's recent video mentioned, SEGA needs to stop re-inventing the wheel.
For one thing, Sonic games don't work as $60 titles like recent Mario games, Sonic Generations released for what $30 on Steam? I find that a small game that's $15-20 range can work, but for that they need to base it off what made Sonic 1-3&K work so well as 2D Platformers, and/or stick to the Generations and Color formula.
That's my $0.10 at least.

tmarg

Sonic's biggest problem is that his abilities are all designed to help him go faster, and not for doing platforming. The entire concept of the series is extremely flawed.

Vazra

I agree, and as Jim Sterling's recent video mentioned, SEGA needs to stop re-inventing the wheel.
For one thing, Sonic games don't work as $60 titles like recent Mario games, Sonic Generations released for what $30 on Steam? I find that a small game that's $15-20 range can work, but for that they need to base it off what made Sonic 1-3&K work so well as 2D Platformers, and/or stick to the Generations and Color formula.
That's my $0.10 at least.

They should try doing downloadable sonic games. Not Sonic 4 Episode garbage but like the portable games with better sprite work and remove the recent gimmicks.

Sonic's biggest problem is that his abilities are all designed to help him go faster, and not for doing platforming. The entire concept of the series is extremely flawed.

The thing is that the platforming should be more automatic or with a smaller risk for failure since the focus is speed.

The_Monk

Zkylon suffers from arachnophobia, I guess most of people in here know that since I remember talking to him about this when Dark Souls II was released, yet someone puts a big picture of a spider right in plain sight. Really...?

Vazra

Zkylon suffers from arachnophobia, I guess most of people in here know that since I remember talking to him about this when Dark Souls II was released, yet someone puts a big picture of a spider right in plain sight. Really...?

Someone should tell zkylon we moved to a new page.

Speevy

Banned

Well, in 3D that problem is somewhat negated, but Sonic loses momentum every time he does something that requires the player to think. So you have all these automatic win button cues that are only fun the first few times you do them.

If they eliminated falling to your death and just gave Sonic an energy bar like he's one of the cars from F-Zero GX, it might work better.

Knurek

Game 109 of the year (Chains of Satinav) done:
satinav8drfx.png

Absolutely amazing all around. Great voice acting, great story, amazing background art, very nice music, superb puzzle design. GOTY contender even in a year when I beat 30+ other point and click games, including some genre greats...

I mean, really, each and every screen of the game was a feast for the eyes:
203830_2014-12-14_000gyrvm.jpg

Puzzle design stands out as well - everything excluding the
Fairy Realm chapter
is pretty much logical. The game is made up of self-contained 1-3 screen chapters with a rather small amount of objects, so even if you do get stuck and don't want to resort to a walkthrough, it's not hard to try using everything on everything.

Game took about 8.5 hours, rest was card farming I did previously. Absolutely recommended, as long as you don't hate D&D fantasy. Should make a great starting point for those willing to try the pnc adventure genre.

Vazra

Yeah but everyone else already has those too lol.

Whenever they put the bundles up I usually buy one copy and give the whole thing away, then wait for the ones I want to appear in a modbot giveaway.

I don't have them >.>

Turfster

Yeah, I really don't think 530 is going to cut it. Even the baseline card would want more power, and you're sooooo close to the limit even the power draw of an extra 4gig stick of ram on the card could trip you over more often.

Yeah.
I mean, in theory it should be able to carry the system, but those power draw spikes... so I'm looking into moving up.
Wondering if 630 would take care of everything (it's the next one in the german series, and I know those are solid and reliable)

Nordicus

Do they like ninja sneak up at you or something?
Naah, first off, their character model is somewhat more detailed than that still image shows, or perhaps it's just my memory talking from when the game was fairly new. Second, the animators really nailed down that slow deliberate creepy spiderwalk they do, and when you're in their reach, they jump right at your face in this first person view game.

Top Bottom