• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Zafir

Yeah, Suikoden is Konami.

I don't see Konami doing anything with it though. As much as I wish they would.

I'd still like to play that psp Suikoden game they made even despite some people not liking it, but I don't understand Japanese very well.
Didn't see this posted, so here it goes: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-15-windows-10-leak-reveals-new-xbox-app

Looks like we are getting GFWL 2.0 :(
Not that surprising. I was surprised when they didn't announce a successor to GFWL. It seems kind of a given considering they own the operating system most pc gamers will be using.

Arthea

this looks sorta fun (><)

I might be wrong, but I think Hatred is not an horror game, more like a super violent top down shooter, I recall some controversy with that game because it was very very violent and explicit.

dev says it's a horror game, it does look familiar to me too for some reason, but I can't remember why.

no help from me, i hate diablo and loot based games in general

isn't that konami?

i'd totally play a kojima directed suikoden btw

I had in mind futility of such questions, of course it's Konami, that doesn't change the fact that asking does nothing (._.)

Didn't see this posted, so here it goes: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-12-15-windows-10-leak-reveals-new-xbox-app

Looks like we are getting GFWL 2.0 :(

GFWL, now with Cortana

image.jpg

abracadaver

I need Hatred on Steam!

How does Greenlight work to get a game approved? Does it only need a specific number of "yes" votes or is the balance between yes and no important as well?

Arthea

I need Hatred on Steam!

How does Greenlight work to get a game approved? Does it only need a specific number of "yes" votes or is the balance between yes and no important as well?

yeah, we don't really know how many yes votes, but in thousands for sure. Some games take really long, some in matter of days, I think Hatred will be one of later kind.

edited: stump convinced me that only yes votes matter, it was in some old greenlight thread.

abracadaver

yeah, we don't really know how many votes, but in thousands for sure. Some games take really long, some in matter of days, I think Hatred will be one of later kind.

Ok but if 90% vote no and only 10% yes it will still get approved if its enough yes votes?

zkylon

zkylewd
I had in mind futility of such questions, of course it's Konami, that doesn't change the fact that asking does nothing (._.)
i think kojima could actually make a crazy good suikoden game, i think it's a series that would suit him and the way kojima innovates in gameplay could be a great match

sadly with like many of these series i love japan has long since forgotten about them ;_;

It's ok zkylon, I still love you.
i actually used to like diablo 2 when i was like 15 but nowadays i can't imagine myself dedicating any time to those kinds of games

i get very little enjoyment out of "loot" so i simply don't get what's fun about them. i can kind of warm up to the idea of a genre-mix thing like boredlands but i think boredlands is crap. something like a twin stick shooter doesn't sound half bad but i'd probably get bored of it pretty quick since it's not my kind of game anyways

The artstyle looks kinda familliar. Although the artist I'm thinking of does pretty different things and I'm not sure he/she'd illustrate something so... normal. :p
does he do game of thrones doujinshi?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I fixed my internet woes by resyncing with the phone unplugged. At first I thought that perhaps the filter was the issue, but I reconnected the phone and have still been holding 6Mbit. Go figure. That's $178 back into my Winter Sale fund.

This post is a bit confusing out of context.

Arthea

The artstyle looks kinda familliar. Although the artist I'm thinking of does pretty different things and I'm not sure he/she'd illustrate something so... normal. :p

Hatred? That's no horror. That's Postal 1.5.

well according to dev it is: Action, Shooter, Arcade, Horror.
I won't argue a point of genre pureness, that's not really important

oh and Postal also is horror! (><)

i think kojima could actually make a crazy good suikoden game, i think it's a series that would suit him and the way kojima innovates in gameplay could be a great match

sadly with like many of these series i love japan has long since forgotten about them ;_;

I can't agree with you here, I always thought that Kojima made Suikoden would be a disaster (><)
still better than no Suikoden, perhaps

Cerity

I fixed my internet woes by resyncing with the phone unplugged. At first I thought that perhaps the filter was the issue, but I reconnected the phone and have still been holding 6Mbit. Go figure. That's $178 back into my Winter Sale fund.

Fuck yeah 'straya.

The moment it starts to rain my internet drops from 13-15Mbps to 1Mbps for 2-3 days. Also whenever a truck/car clips the treeline (where the telephone runs) we get a d/c.

String can innernet 4 life.

Accoun

it does look familiar to me too for some reason, but I can't remember why.

It spawned a huge thread here, which included allegations of the game being rascist, xenophobic because of white people being the minority of the victims (I think they were mostly cops? don't remember the trailer) and at least some of the devs being connected to (well,) hateful/far-right organisations.
It pretty much made this game a no-no to discuss on GAF, or at least to make threads about it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fuck yeah 'straya.

The moment it starts to rain my internet drops from 13-15Mbps to 1Mbps for 2-3 days. Also whenever a truck/car clips the treeline (where the telephone runs) we get a d/c.

String can innernet 4 life.

Bad weather used to be a serious problem, but as part of the (ever-elongated) NBN rollout here the pits were replaced/resealed. Still haven't seen any actual fibre, though!

Arthea

It spawned a huge thread here, which included allegations of the game being rascist, xenophobic because of white people being the minority of the victims (I think they were mostly cops? don't remember the trailer) and at least some of the devs being connected to (well,) hateful/far-right organisations.
It pretty much made this game a no-no to discuss on GAF, or at least to make threads about it.

oh, that must be it! thanks

zkylon

zkylewd
I can't agree with you here, I always thought that Kojima made Suikoden would be a disaster (><)
still better than no Suikoden, perhaps
huh

kojima's the best

how can you not want any game made by kojima

i want to see kojima's fucking pro evo

Arthea

huh

kojima's the best

how can you not want any game made by kojima

i want to see kojima's fucking pro evo

because I would rather play Suikoden by Murayama? Isn't that all kinds of obvious?

edited:
also Kojima can't be the best, he didn't create Suikoden or Civ or Tetris, just pointing out one more obvious thing ;)

Anustart

i actually used to like diablo 2 when i was like 15 but nowadays i can't imagine myself dedicating any time to those kinds of games

i get very little enjoyment out of "loot" so i simply don't get what's fun about them. i can kind of warm up to the idea of a genre-mix thing like boredlands but i think boredlands is crap. something like a twin stick shooter doesn't sound half bad but i'd probably get bored of it pretty quick since it's not my kind of game anyways

does he do game of thrones doujinshi?

What I'm focusing on is making each and every ability fun to use. Diablo's skills are just arbitrary numbers that kill faster or better with little emphasis placed on how much fun it is to use them.

I want everything to be viable and most importantly fun to use, and active. No set it and forget skills. I want the player to take an active part in attacking rather than pushing a button and seeing pretty colors.

zkylon

zkylewd
because I would rather play Suikoden by Murayama? Isn't that all kinds of obvious?

edited:
also Kojima can't be the best, he didn't create Suikoden or Civ or Tetris, just pointing out one more obvious thing ;)
well murayama's not happening so you know

kojima's awesome wtf -__-

What I'm focusing on is making each and every ability fun to use. Diablo's skills are just arbitrary numbers that kill faster or better with little emphasis placed on how much fun it is to use them.

I want everything to be viable and most importantly fun to use, and active. No set it and forget skills. I want the player to take an active part in attacking rather than pushing a button and seeing pretty colors.
sounds cool

i'm def not your target audience so just talking but i'm not generally a fan of those million hotkey bars and shit, that kind of stuff just gives me a headache. i like how in league of legends you don't have that many actions but they're all more important because of it (or at least they're not interchangeable stronger versions of each other). say, in divinity original sin there was like three versions of the same fire spell that just did more damage and you just used the strongest > second strongest > etc if it was on cooldown. that's not very much fun to me

but yeah top things at least for me in league of legends which i suppose is not a great comparison but the only one i can come up with is how satisfying spells feel when used in both low and high impact uses (does it have a degree of success? can it be used in optimal or unique ways?) and how they interact with other spells

sounds to me like you're in the right track, not sure how that would work in a lootfest kind of game but you know more about the genre than i do

Uhhh....

I like Kojima, but I don't think he's a good fit for Suikoden, can't wait for Suikoden 1 and 2 on Vita >.<
how come

suikoden has tons of supporting characters, conspiracies, politics, all sorts of fun stuff. the games also have their share of silly, with like the duck people and the cooking contests and vampires and shit.

kojima's a pretty wide range game director, he's done stealth games, adventure games, mecha action whatever and action adventure with the new castlevania thing

Arthea

well murayama's not happening so you know

kojima's awesome wtf -__-

lemme dream!

I don't argue with that, I was arguing with "the best"

I am willing to accept a gifted copy so that the reward tier can increase for everyone.

You are welcome.
oh no, I did my part, now is your turn ;)

how come

kojima has tons of supporting characters, conspiracies, politics, all sorts of fun stuff. the games also have their share of silly, with like the duck people and the cooking contests and vampires and shit.

kojima's a pretty wide range game director, he's done stealth games, adventure games, mecha action whatever and action adventure with the new castlevania thing
you must admit that Kojima is all about crazy and overthetop while Suikoden is actually opposite, it's down to earth and employs many gameplay mechanics that Kojima never touched in his life.
I agree that it could be interesting experiment, but I'm not sure it will be Suikoden we imagine or envision.

JaseC

Had no clue there was that rewards thing on DOA.
OMG at reward 3
>.<

Yeah, but instead of making the Showstopper costume set the Tier 2 reward, the Ninja set was split up. I'd guess that Tecmo decided that three costume sets would be too generous, so the decision was made to split up the Ninja set and release Showstopper later with a price attached.

zkylon

zkylewd
you must admit that Kojima is all about crazy and overthetop while Suikoden is actually opposite, it's down to earth and employs many gameplay mechanics that Kojima never touched in his life.
I agree that it could be interesting experiment, but I'm not sure it will be Suikoden we imagine or envision.
well i love crazy experiments so 100% for

ideally we'd get both the traditional and the crazy poop jokes kojima one but you know...

it's like the new silent hill, i'm not expecting it to be like sh2 or 3 but i think kojima's really talented (i also think the game design of his games is pretty underrated) and i would love to see what he comes up with

Yeah, but instead of making the Showstopper costume set the Tier 2 reward, the Ninja set was split up. I'd guess that Tecmo decided that three costume sets would be too generous, so the decision was made to split up the Ninja set and release Showstopper later with a price attached.
wait they actually removed one of the rewards?

omg that fucking system gets more awful every time you blink

JaseC

wait they actually removed one of the rewards?

omg that fucking system gets more awful every time you blink

Oh, wait, I slightly misread the tier list. It would have made more sense to make the Ninja pack in its entirety part of the base offer, with the Showstopper set being the Tier 1 reward. The rewards haven't changed, but on the console retail side of things, GameStop gets the Ninja and Aloha sets while Amazon/Best Buy get the Showstopper and Beach Party sets, so the PC version missing out one of those "just because" seems a little unfair.

Tizoc

Yo GAF dat Guilty Gear Xrd is LEGIT, ish looks good on my old ass Phillips HDTV and the game is so beautifully animated.
Dat Pot.
Dat Slayer back walking animation.
DAT RAMLEGAL.

Uhhh....

I like Kojima, but I don't think he's a good fit for Suikoden, can't wait for Suikoden 1 and 2 on Vita >.<

Oh you're EU PSN? I'm planning on just getting the EU versions too, hopefully they are 50 Hz optimized.

Axass

So, I'm this close to buy Shovel Knight at $8 from a guy in the B/S/T thread, but I'm kinda new to Steam (only started using it this year), so I wanted to know: if I wait for the Christmas sale am I probably going to get a better price than that? Dunno how big the discounts usually are.

So, I'm this close to buy Shovel Knight at $8 from a guy in the B/S/T thread, but I'm kinda new to Steam (only started using it this year), so I wanted to know: if I wait for the Christmas sale am I probably going to get a better price than that? Dunno how big the discounts usually are.

Not really, unless you buy it from russia.

JaseC

So, I'm this close to buy Shovel Knight at $8 from a guy in the B/S/T thread, but I'm kinda new to Steam (only started using it this year), so I wanted to know: if I wait for the Christmas sale am I probably going to get a better price than that?

$8 is a ~$2 profit margin, which is ridiculous. The Winter Sale begins in a week-and-a-half, so just wait it out.

The dev said Shovel Knight will not be discounted this holiday. Can't find the source at the moment though.

Top Bottom