• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Nordicus

So I went to sleep, woke up, and noticed the game I really want from this auction has already dropped to 10k from the 31k it was the very first round.

C'mon c'mon, keep on dropping!

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Odd, is ModBot down? Doesn't seem to want to register my game for a giveaway.

How many movies does Lego Hobbit cover?
god forbid I buy another Lego game

As stated, first two movies are covered in game while the third will be covered as DLC. It doesn't look likely that there will be a "complete edition" either.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I hate how the Steam market will occasionally change to several different languages whenever I browse it. It makes me feel like I've accidentally switched regional stores. It happens on the booster converter page even more frequently, and I know I'm not the only one that has this problem since I've seen other posts in the thread mention it too.

Annubis

Well, I transferred my Dark Souls and I'm not getting any achievements.
I don't really mind as long as my save is OK (which it is)

Amzin

Woo, I won a thing! Hell of a deal. I love the Wishlist view for the auctions, don't think I would have thought to check this out otherwise.

Sentris.png

ExoSoul

Banned
I really should have paid more attention in all my economics classes -- apparently it would have been the difference here between maybe winning a free $4 game, or getting away like a bandit with over $80 of profit.
Turn it to items and people forget the value.

Ventara

Why does Wasteland 2 have so many huge updates? I'm probably exaggerating, but it feels like every time I open my Steam downloads list, I see a 1GB or more update for it. Anyways, I just removed it from auto-downloading updates. Probably should've done this sooner until I'm ready to play it.

Lomax

I still think tomorrow night will be the most interesting for auctions. Presumably by that point the high rollers will be mostly out of gems and the people really wanting specific games will have already won. Plus gem prices will probably be highest on the last day as people have said. I don't expect auction prices will be radically lower, but if you knock even another 1/3 off most of the stuff now there's some good deals to be had.

Accoun

Did SpaceChem have cards for a long time? I haven't checked my badges in a (pretty good) while and suddenly now I have cards to collect in it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Woo, I won a thing! Hell of a deal. I love the Wishlist view for the auctions, don't think I would have thought to check this out otherwise.

Let us know how that is if you check it out. I haven't been able to justify the cost, but I've been interested in the potential it has.

Strangely enough, it was somehow not on my wishlist. Now it is, but it has also made me aware of how cluttered my wishlist is. Gonna have to set aside some time for the chopping block.

baterism

I still think tomorrow night will be the most interesting for auctions. Presumably by that point the high rollers will be mostly out of gems and the people really wanting specific games will have already won. Plus gem prices will probably be highest on the last day as people have said. I don't expect auction prices will be radically lower, but if you knock even another 1/3 off most of the stuff now there's some good deals to be had.

I'm interested on the possibilities of emoties and bgs shortage.
issuchathingpossible.gif

iosefe

Tiny Brains Get. i remember when it was first announced, and i really wanted it. according to the current price, i got it i would say...75% off ish at 2600 gems

should have got many sacks when they where about fifty cents.

one euro seems high and i hope they will fall down tomorrow.

that's it for me today with steam headaches.

komorebi

34 pages since yesterday lol. Anything happen worth putting in the Steam News thread, or just the usual?

"SteamGAF incurably addicted to dangerous new street drug 'Gems'; seen buying games mere days before Winter Sale; suspected Russian involvement"

Articalys

Oh man, I an dying from the sister thread in OT. Jesus Christ.
Well, they've already got Oreimo, Nisemonogatari, SAO, and Mahouka gifs, so they've at least met the anime quota.

I mean, hell, "My sister keeps fishing for affection" sounds like a light novel title anyway.

Lomax

I'm interested on the possibilities of emoties and bgs shortage.
issuchathingpossible.gif

I suppose it could, but I think the prices will get too high first. Especially once the auction is done, the value of booster packs isn't enough to sustain gem prices this high and by extension background prices this high. As it is, we've seen the market fall back a couple of times now already.

Sajjaja

Can I get a Ultra SF4 upgrade from RU through trades and activate it on my NA copy? If so, anyone got a hookup? Will an RU key work?

zkylon

zkylewd
I don't know whether to feel sorry for or be angry at whoever's going to pay 5 fuckin' dollars for a character skin as basic as that. It's a joke.
there's guns too and a skill tree or perk or something and also being able to host thew new heist, right?

i wouldn't buy it myself but for enthusiasts it doesn't sound like such a terrible deal

Jeebus Crispies, that thread....

Someone needs to find a relevant Demonicon picture and post it up in there.

there's guns too and a skill tree or perk or something and also being able to host thew new heist, right?

i wouldn't buy it myself but for enthusiasts it doesn't sound like such a terrible deal

Clover may have her own skill tree/perk deck, I have not checked, but it would make sense. That's $5

The hosting and guns or whatever would be tied to the actual heist DLC. That's $7.

I'm an "enthusiast" and I'm not inclined to drop $12 on the both of them combined. I'll just keep working on my backlog for now.

iosefe

Someone needs to find a relevant Demonicon picture and post it up in there.

Clover may have her own skill tree/perk deck, I have not checked, but it would make sense. That's $5

The hosting and guns or whatever would be tied to the actual heist DLC. That's $7.

I'm an "enthusiast" and I'm not inclined to drop $12 on the both of them combined. I'll just keep working on my backlog for now.
The dream is dead.

also, i ain't dropping 12 just for the Clover stuff

Top Bottom