• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

BHK3

Banned
How does this idlemaster thing work? I just get invalid cookie data and I find an old post from jshackles saying it's unfixable :*(

Don't believe him.
He has no taste.

I'm hesitant to use a brofist here, but I think it's required.

CwCp03Y.gif

Murdered: Soul Suspect is a really great game. It's flawed, sure, but it's still really good, and well worth playing.

Fantastic news, SteamGAF!

Your most hollowed wish has been granted: Rime Berta is coming to Steam... Tomorrow!

The only thing I know about it is that it looks like FFT. That is all I need to know...

If Ozium were here he'd back me up, I bet. He always does.

you changed your avi.
-
OOhhhh, Space Engineers is on sale for 50% off today. Even though it's in early access yet, that's worth thinking about.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/244850/
cool. only 2,70€ via russia. i'll wait till sale. maybe 66%? and if not, whatever.
-
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=952831
for thoughts and comments on Kerbal, if you wish
thanks for making the thread. like what i saw of it. pretty expensive imo.

derExperte

So where do auctions go from here? More or less gem-cost?

The bids for the games I'm looking at haven't nearly decreased enough to counter the increased worth of gems. We'll see how it goes when US is asleep and EU at work, maybe some bargains then.

cool. only 2,70€ via russia. i'll wait till sale. maybe 66%? and if not, whatever.

Note that since the Russian ruble is bombing hard publishers could very well increase Russian prices soon. It's only speculation for now of course and if they don't waiting could turn out to be the right decision.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Wow Capcom.

Dragons Dogma 2?
New DMC?

Oh, cool. Two DMC Ports... Thats what we wanted.

you realize that Capcom is / recently was on the verge of bankrumpcy right? Monster Hunter is basically barely keeping them afloat, theres a reason why SF5 is co-developed by Sony

_hekk05

Banned
Steam just removed Hatred from greenlight. When they're still selling postal and manhunt and stuff.

I'm not buying anything this steam sale. I wanted Rime Berta so much too.

Fuck

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Don't believe him.
He has no taste.

I've played around 70%ish of the game, and I actually think it's pretty good.

Then again, I actually enjoy games where the main objective is to walk around, explore, and collect a ton of random things not limited to (spoilers for some of the different types of collectables)
notes, plaques, gas cans, boilers, rifles, saws, tabloid and newspaper clippings, straightjackets, and/or feathers rocks

The best thing about Murdered: Soul Suspect is the sheer diversity of bullshit you can collect.

derExperte

Gotta say, Steam community is acting rather smart when it comes to gems. At least those selling, almost no undercutting is happening so the buyers have to slowly eat away the big chunks. And then it goes up again fast, almost done with 1€.

And sniped Pro Cycling Manager 2014!

This auction is fucking amazing. (at least if you stocked up on gems beforehand)

How much?

you realize that Capcom is / recently was on the verge of bankrumpcy right? Monster Hunter is basically barely keeping them afloat, theres a reason why SF5 is co-developed by Sony

I do not believe Capcom was ever close to going bankrupt. Capcom is focused on making money and will only fund those IPs that guarantee them money. Everything else that is not a guarantee will need to be co-funded by an outside party.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Steam just removed Hatred from greenlight. When they're still selling postal and manhunt and stuff.

I'm not buying anything this steam sale. I wanted Rime Berta so much too.

Fuck

thats like complaining that Rape Lay isnt allowed on Steam because DOA5 is on steam

I do not believe Capcom was ever close to going bankrupt. They are just focus on releasing stuff that will give them profits and everything else will need to be co-funded by other companies.

listen to any industry podcast from the last 2-3 years and you will know that Capcom has been in the shitter for ages

So looking at my cards, it seems a gem is worth about half a cent. Granted it's only 1 example, but at that conversion Dungeon Defenders 2 is selling for $175.50 worth of gems. Which you can of course buy for $29.99 in real monies.

Am I screwing up the math somewhere?

XShagrath

I guess you're allowed to rescind your bid now, even if you're the highest bidder? One I'm watching had the same bidder, but their bid is 500 gems less now.

derExperte

So looking at my cards, it seems a gem is worth about half a cent. Granted it's only 1 example, but at that conversion Dungeon Defenders 2 is selling for $175.50 worth of gems. Which you can of course buy for $29.99 in real monies.

You are. 1000 gems = 1€ right now, see the price of sacks. 38100 for DD2 = 38,10€. Still stupid obviously.

I guess you're allowed to rescind your bid now, even if you're the highest bidder? One I'm watching had the same bidder, but their bid is 500 gems less now.

The highest bid is always ~100 above the next highest (like ebay), even if the top bidder has a higher maximum. If the second highest bidder removes his bid, it gets adjusted to the next highest one.

MUnited83

For you.
Gotta say, Steam community is acting rather smart when it comes to gems. At least those selling, almost no undercutting is happening so the buyers have to slowly eat away the big chunks. And then it goes up again fast, almost done with 1€.

How much?

4000 gems. Which is about 1,4€ at the price I paid for the gems.

The game has a 9,99€ lowest recorded price and it's region locked so there's no possibility of cheap copies from russians either way.

I repeat once more:

this auction is freaking amazing

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

1000 gems (sack) is $1.27. So, $.00127 per gem. 35,100 top bid @ .00127 is $44.50.

Rhaknar

That is a terrible comparison and you know it.

no its not. Hatred is actually about killing cops and innocent people, thats the goal. The goal is genocide. Let me say that again, the goal of this VIDEOGAME is GENOCIDE. And arent there rumblings today that the devs have neo nazi ties or something?

Manhunt, while quite horrific, is about surviving against psycho murderers. And while you CAN kill cops and innocents in the GTA games for example, thats not the actual goal.

What the fuck is going on around here today? First someone posts Cersei with a mouth full of cum and says "oh this picture is fine if you dont know the context" and now you say that a game where the actual goal is genocide is ok

...fuck

Maniac

Banned

Incompetence is what got them here, and it's what they're going to use to try and climb out of the hole. I do hope they succeed, even if some of their efforts are lackluster... If they survive we'll get a DD and DC someday... Maybe. :p

Anyway, I'm in great company having won Subnautica!

9OLGGGP.png

And I'm pretty sure Milamber has sent the animu hentairu triad after me.

QsKw8Bf.png

And... If you want to know what's in the links, you'll have to manually enter them yourself. I'm not linking that nastyness here! :p

It's the kinky kind though. But still nasty! Bad Milamber, BAD!

Alavard

Whoo, finally beat Watch_Dogs! It's seriously not as bad as the gaming community seems to feel, but it's also not anything special. Well, the gun-play was pretty good, though I'm still not sure why it had bullet time.

Note that since the Russian ruble is bombing hard publishers could very well increase Russian prices soon. It's only speculation for now of course and if they don't waiting could turn out to be the right decision.
hm. hope valve will sleep on price adjustment.
-
Everyone that I know that has that game Love it. (Most are Engineers or Physicists though so right up their ally)
yeah, and with what i read has been added with the new beta release, there seems to be now very good incentive to play the campaign.
-
Anyway, I'm in great company having won Subnautica!
http://i.imgur.com/9OLGGGP.png[/[/QUOTE]
how much did it cost you? it's on my list and maybe i'll buy some cheap gems to bid on later and hopefully cheaper copies.

_hekk05

Banned
no its not. Hatred is actually about killing cops and innocent people, thats the goal. The goal is genocide. Let me say that again, the goal of this VIDEOGAME is GENOCIDE. And arent there rumblings today that the devs have neo nai ties or something?

Manhunt, whilst quite horrific, is about surviving against psycho murderers. And while you CAN kill cops and innocents in the GTA games for example, thats not the actual goal.

What the fuck is going on around here today? First someone posts Cersei with a mouth full of cum and says "oh this picture is fine if you dont know the context" and now you say that a game where the actual goal is genocide is ok

...fuck

So? If you don't like it, don't play it. I don' play rapelay but you don't see me wanting to outlaw it (granted its not on steam).

Genocide? What about war crimes? Your objective is to lay waste to villages and kill civillians in certain warcraft missions, there was an rts that had setting villages on fire as an objective. You torture some poor dude and its an objevtive in GTAV. If hatred isn't ok, then are they ok?

They're all war crimes aren't they?

The slippery slope is real. I don't want censorship. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Don't play it.

Teeth

So? If you don't like it, don't play it. I don' play rapelay but you don't see me wanting to outlaw it (granted its not on steam).

Genocide? What about war crimes? Your objective is to lay waste to villages and kill civillians in certain warcraft missions, there was an rts that had setting villages on fire as an objective. You torture some poor dude and its an objevtive in GTAV. If hatred isn't ok, then are they ok?

The slippery slope is real. I don't want censorship. Don't like it? Don't buy it. Don't play it.

Not selling it on your store is not censorship.

Also, the devs have been not-so-tenuously linked to white supemicist political leanings. Why do you care if Valve doesn't want to host their game? It's not a democracy.

nothing is censored, nothing is outlawed, its just not sold on steam.

chill

_hekk05

Banned
Not selling it on your store is not censorship.

Also, the devs have been not-so-tenuously linked to white supemicist political leanings. Why do you care if Valve doesn't want to host their game? It's not a democracy.

I'm pretty sure greenlight is kind of a democracy, and people overwhelmingly supported it.

What does valve say to those people now?

KiDdYoNe

Guys, there's a rumor (a few insiders and valuable people retweeted the message) on rusland twitter that due to russian currency just crashed (once again lol) Valve is sending emails to publishers about price raising in RU Steam.

Take with the salt but damn, Ubisoft games are already 1400 rub, other majors are around the same price. I'm sure everyone wanted to raise prices long time ago so this would be the right time.

derExperte

I'm pretty sure greenlight is kind of a democracy, and people overwhelmingly supported it.

What does valve say to those people now?

No? Greenlight is like my kids saying 'we want hamburgers' and I'm like 'fuck you, that's unhealthy, eat more Schnitzel'.

I don't have kids.

Top Bottom