• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Nzyme32

They put it back with an apology by Gabe himself? Thats quite amazing.

Not bad. Still doesn't really explain how that decision was reached but good to know it is back in consumers hands to decide. I was originally against the game due to its context and singular goal, but after a few vids discussing it, felt that it really doesn't make sense for valve to make that decision when they stay out if it almost all the time

I guess US is my new Russia now. Dirt cheap Americans. Come to me with your weak economy I can abuse for cheaper games, while I lavishly lounge in my oodles of British Pounds.

mwahahahahahahahaha economic growth.

RIP Russia though.

Gintoki

It seems La-Mulana Ec won't reach PC, at least not as a free update. This is what developer said me on Facebook:

Unfortunately, La-Mulana EX is not an update.
It is uniquely developed for PS VITA by Pygmy Studio.
We think of it as a final form of La-Mulana.
That's why we added “EX” on the title.

I asked if we will see it as a full game, let's see.

Its pretty much the same game with leaderboards and illustrated beastiary

Arthea

Thanks for all responses, I'm leaning towards x1 controller, simply because I really liked xbox360 one I still use, but I'm bit worried about supposedly not so good sticks as on 360 one. Is it true?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks for all responses, I'm leaning towards x1 controller, simply because I really liked xbox360 one I still use, but I'm bit worried about supposedly not so good sticks as on 360 one. Is it true?

They definitely feel "looser" but I can't say that sensitivity/input detection has been a problem. As far as I'm concerned the X1 controller is superior to its predecessor in every way.

wetflame

Pizza Dog

I'm in the "should I get a next gen controller?" debate process too. I don't have either console, but while I feel like I'd probably end up getting a PS4 if I did, I kind of like the look of the XB1 controller. I guess I need to try both, I've only managed to use the XB1 controller in a shop so far, not had a chance to use the DS4. I'm also not sure whether it's worth spending £35-40 on a controller when I have a DS3 that I use with my PC currently (and am mostly fine using).

Chariot

Haha, ☠ ☮ ☯ ♠ Ω ♤ ♣ ♧ ♥ ♡ ♦ ♢ ♔ ♕ ♚ ♛ ⚜ ★ ☆ ✮ ✯ ☄ ☾ ☽ ☼ ☀ ☁ ☂ ☃ ☻ ☺ ☹ ۞ ۩
????

Miguel81

The white one will be mine someday. Hopefully, a wireless dongle will be available by then.

0Smg1HC.png

On the plus side the Russian copy of The Slaughtering Grounds I bought for 50p has lost it's region lock, so I can redeem that and look all cool and trendy. Also the copies of DoA in my inventory seem to be safe (for now) too.

Chariot

oh! won two more auctions by default, I'm on the roll... or people gave up on it already (><)
Not the one I eyeing now >:I
I won three auctions easily by waiting, but this one just rose 2,000 gems over night and it just doesn't stop. it shouldn't even be that popular. &#65377;&#12444;(&#65344;&#1044;´)&#12444;&#65377;

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
On the plus side the Russian copy of The Slaughtering Grounds I bought for 50p has lost it's region lock, so I can redeem that and look all cool and trendy. Also the copies of DoA in my inventory seem to be safe (for now) too.

The change wasn't and won't be made retroactive. It applies to newly-bought gifts only. I'd say pre-existing region-locked gifts being made region-free was a result of whatever measure Valve put in place to ensure pre-existing gifts wouldn't be affected.

Edit: Or not.

Monooboe

They definitely feel "looser" but I can't say that sensitivity/input detection has been a problem. As far as I'm concerned the X1 controller is superior to its predecessor in every way.

I agree, also I like the "looseness" cause it makes the controller feel much more responsive for me. Though I mostly still use a 360 controller because I game on my TV in the other room and 360 controllers are the only ones that work wirelessly.

Arthea

The white one will be mine someday. Hopefully, a wireless dongle will be available by then.

I'm not a fan of white controllers after having white 360 one, I also prefer wired, ya, I'm weird like that.
The best thing about wired 360 one was cable length, it was perfect! imagine that, can't say the same about DS3.

edited: on totally unrelated note
I can't believe all Astrid hate in Atelier community, I'm kinda heartbroken even now, hold me steamgaf!

Locust

I just tried to activate my indonesian MAGIX PC tuning thingy and it's actually still locked even though the region lock tag is gone.

Miguel81

I'm not a fan of white controllers after having white 360 one, I also prefer wired, ya, I'm weird like that.
The best thing about wired 360 one was cable length, it was perfect! imagine that, can't say the same about DS3.

You can use a long micro-usb cable and it should work just fine. I'd be on it if I didn't dislike being tethered.

Welp, I finally decided to go in for this auction thing. Bought two sacks, won a copy of Grim Legends for 1600 gems (about 2.16 Canadian, or almost 80% off.) Yeah, I know if I was patient I could have found it in a bundle, but I just got caught up in it I suppose. Not sure if I'm going to use these extra 400 gems. Maybe I'll just buy a booster of a game with a lot of cards in it.

Arthea

Not the one I eyeing now >:I
I won three auctions easily by waiting, but this one just rose 2,000 gems over night and it just doesn't stop. it shouldn't even be that popular. &#65377;&#12444;(&#65344;&#1044;´)&#12444;&#65377;

It went in really strange way for me, of all my" most wanted top tier games" I managed to snatch only one and no chances getting others that I can see, but I am doing quite nicely with my second best tier. I also thought that games I went for are unpopular, now I see that I should think again.

Hey SteamGAF i have one question for you. I have returned to Hearthstone following Android launch and did they really make that game Pay2Win?

one of my friends is neck deep into it, he says it's not pay2win, but I have some reservations still, as I know he spent some money on it, don't know how much, he never said (><)

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF i have one question for you. I have returned to Hearthstone following Android launch and did they really make that game Pay2Win?

It's quite alarming when the head of the company has no idea what's going on in his own company and has to step in after people bomb him with emails. Same with Diretide, same with Hatred and who knows what else? It's time to restructure, Gabe.

Jadax

It has always been Pay2Win in my opinion (unless they changed something since the last time I played it, which was ~February 2014). The way crafting works means that you'd rather pay to get something than wait months to get a chances at getting something.

That being said, I have some friends who haven't paid a dime and have built some good decks, but it takes time..a lot of time!

Chariot

It's quite alarming when the head of the company has no idea what's going on in his own company and has to step in after people bomb him with emails. Same with Diretide, same with Hatred and who knows what else? It's time to restructure, Gabe.
But Valve's big thing is that there is not boss, right? So it could easily happen that Gabe knows not about such things.

I just realized if activating cd keys with VPN is also banned, that would be the final nail in the coffin for SE Asia gaf to get games that were not available in their region, which is like almost everything Konami and SEGA made.

Yeah I agree, it would nice to see what Valve could do with a more traditional business structure. The whole "no boss" thing is great in all for the employees but it seems like a little bit of a mess from the outside looking in, can't say for sure though, maybe it's for the best this way.

Uzzy

It means we come together as a cohesive unit and vote for Ikaruga during a Community Flash deal and rejoice once it is 75% or more off.

You mean mourn when Borderlands 2 gets a community flash deal once again, right? Or something else that's been on sale plenty of times.

I'm confused by this region lock thing, did all games on Steam were region locked? So this mean I will not be able to gift people outside of South America?

dex3108

Gabe is the boss but that doesn't mean that he needs to know every single thing. That is why there are teams that are in charge of certain aspects of Valve. Gabe trusts them to make good decisions.

Danielsan

Caved and bought 3 sacks of gems today. Won my bid on The Fall (3400 gems). It will probably be cheaper during the sale or in a bundle some day, it's still &#8364; 6,77 than it is normally. First and final auction win.

Top Bottom