• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
it's what i imagine tokyo must be like

if it's cheap, maybe i'll bite

sounds silly

I walk the streets of Japan till I get lost
Cause it doesn't remind me of anything
With a graveyard tan carrying a cross
I like studying faces in a parking lot
I like driving backwards in the fog

Tektonic

has the no-trade keys for 7 days come in yet? if i buy keys now from mann, will they be ok? (which is 2 ways of asking the same question)

zkylon

zkylewd
Isn't it very short? I assume they made enough money out of it to merit a lower price on PC. And if the PC release continues to show as great if a reception as Revengence, then maybe they will take that to heart.

my brother is a huge mgs fan and played it for like 40 hours

most people will get much less mileage but like any metal gear game it's got a lot of depth if you're willing to look for it

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
what is that akiba game?

sounds stupid in a way i can understand

Set in Akihabara, the shopping area has been invaded by creatures known as "Synthisters" who prey on the patrons of Akihabara like vampires and zombies, feasting on their social energy and will to live. These enemies can only be stopped by direct exposure to sunlight, meaning that the player is required to defeat these vampires and zombies by violently stripping off their clothes and exposing them to sunlight.
The storyline revolves around a conspiracy behind the Magaimono organization that the player explores. Within the game, there will be over 130 real life Akihabara shops that the player is able to visit

The game features collaboration DLC in the form of character costumes and equippable items, including those from Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, Disgaea, Hyperdimension Neptunia, The Legend of Heroes, Super Sonico, and Genshiken.

Sajjaja

You can FULLY complete it (and I mean, complete each mission with S rank, on Normal and Hard, grabbing all tapes, finding all patches, unlocking all achievements) in under 5 hours. Ground Zeroes the first time youll play it, is something like around 40 minutes including cutscenes, other spec ops otherwise are very short and only two of them contain cutscene of some seconds (Raiden intro, around one minute, and another spec op I won't spoiler here, has a 10 second cutscene in the end). Those are VERY short, from 5 to 10 minutes each, let's say, excluding DejaVu that can require much time because you need to know what to do in order to trigger all events.

I also spent around 40 hours when I have it on PS4, but trust me. There's NOTHING to discover.Nothing. When you complete all missions and isten all tapes, that's all. Yes, you can do stupid thing like Rambo-ed each mission using weapons you unlocked, but there's really no point. It's not like "Play and you will discover a lot of things". AI pattern is always the same too, so...

Really.....well.....I'm not so sure I want to get it tomorrow anymore then....I like MGS but I'm not DIE HARD IM GONNA TRY TO NOT USE WEAPONS AND NO DETECTION.

Guess I might just wait then.

I played the MGS2 demo, which you could complete in less than 6 minutes, for over 100 hours and it cost me like 80 dollars. It came with some free game though.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Steamdb is useless now? Gifts which had been locked even before ACRTAG existed have no warning now.

Well, SteamDB can still be used to determine the presence of runtime-level region locks, so there's that!

has the no-trade keys for 7 days come in yet? if i buy keys now from mann, will they be ok? (which is 2 ways of asking the same question)

Mann Co.-bought keys have long (always?) had a three-day cooldown.\

Edit: Bah, I thought I refreshed the thread to see that my previous post attempt didn't go through.

baterism

'Bitch', as in female dog.
( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Regarding regional lock, does it really stop the game from used if it already in the library?
I mean, if I went to Moscow and log in Steam, I will see RU-price right? If I bought games there then returned to Jakarta, will my game still playable?

Well, 2 megatons then. I don't have a Vita anymore so this is a megaton since it's a Japanese game releasing on Steam, quite rare. And the $20 price point for GZ.

How is the current retail price of the game (which was mostly the predicted price) a megaton? It's $20 on PSN right now and goes on sale for 50% off or more rather frequently as of late?

Your megaton meter is very strange sir.
I'll let someone like iosefe take you to task for that "I don't have a Vita anymore" line. :p

Tomorrow.

Tomorrow is only 24 hours away. You're a bit early on this one, sir. :p

Pachimari

You're about to pass my game count and my account is from 2008. I think you'll be fine.
Yeah but there's so many games I'm looking forward to. :D

Anyway, I only need Ground Zeroes, H1Z1 and to a lesser extend GTA V for next year. And then I'll get Alien Isolation and Wolfenstein in a Steam sale anyway.

ViviOggi

V3liBH5.jpg

Milamber

How is the current retail price of the game (which was mostly the predicted price) a megaton? It's $20 on PSN right now and goes on sale for 50% off or more rather frequently as of late?

Your megaton meter is very strange sir.
I'll let someone like iosefe take you to task for that "I don't have a Vita anymore" line. :p

Like I said, I didn't know. I prioritize Steam over PSN store. I only use it for the PS1+2 classics.

Tomorrow is only 24 hours away. You're a bit early on this one, sir. :p

So sue me.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
that's not what I wanted to read first thing in the morning.
damn, that's getting worse and worse. But what does it mean all of them? Isn't that a lot of work to region lock this way every app in those regions?

I imagine it'd be quite easy to region-lock everything in one go, which is exactly what happened. The funny thing is that I posted this just yesterday.

Edit: I'll have died of old age by the time Talos finishes downloading. I hate my phone line.

Vuze

I really need to buy Alan Wake and Borderlands 2, hope Steam sale delivers.
Don't worry, if BL2 GOTY isn't on sale for <10 bucks, there'll approximately be 23 sales for 2K games from various legit key stores within the coming weeks lol. I think it's the game that I've seen on sale the most since I joined Steam.

dex3108

I wonder how long it will take to see results of this decision. Sure Region pricing was there to lower piracy in countries with low income but i am sure it helped many indie devs or maybe AAA devs to sell more games and earn more money even if buyers were outside that region.

It is always better to sell something for 30-40% lower price than not to sell it at all.

Top Bottom