• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Right, finished Episode 1 of GoT, was 2 hours long for me, so I was glad with that at least.

The story has me fairly interested, having watched the show and read the books. I think so far I've played the family rather incompetently all things considered, so I'm not surprised at how it ended for me with Ethan's death, although I'd love to find out whether that must happen or if it can be avoided (At this point I'm content with the 'illusion of choice' anyway).

The King's Landing stuff is certainly intriguing me, the relationship between Tyrell and Mira, plus Sera's intents (not to mention the servant too), plus how Cersei and Tyrion have came into it.

Overall, I've definitely been satisfied by the first episode, and now to see if Telltale's scheduling will be like the books or not.

Jawmuncher

today is my birthday, happy birthday to me!
Happy Birthday

rKLvK.gif

Brillant.

madjoki

Still, you may get spammed byt friends streaming requests. We definately need a disable or a anon-stream at all option. I mean if someone wants to not stream and don't wanna get bothered by any requests he may opt for that.

Invite only disables requests. It's works on demand, streaming is done only when there's someone watching you.

Arthea

Nobody mentioned Legend of the Galactic Heroes in their anime to watch lists? Yeah, I wouldn't take your advice on anime, people, like ever (><)

Also I noticed that Telltale's GoT already released, it is episodic isn't it?

edited: Happy birthday, Tesseract

ViviOggi

i prefer kill la kill but yeah, they're both amazing shows
I still need to watch that, only seen the first three or so episodes. Is the first season done yet? I don't really do this weekly scrounging for new episodes, I'm more of a hyper binge watcher type

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is that what the contract actually says?
Also if that's the case they might be more generous come the winter sale.
Thats what they did with Deadpool. Freaking fire sale before it was taken off.

My understanding is that Acti voluntarily gives up the licences it believes it'd make more money from by receiving a partial refund versus continuing sales for the remainder of the contract period. Hence, for instance, the 007 games disappearing three months after the release of 007 Legends (the contract had at least 12 months left on it).

Jawmuncher

My understanding is that Acti voluntarily gives up the licences it believes it'd make more money from by receiving a partial refund versus continued sales throughout the remainder of the contract period. Hence, for instance, the 007 games disappearing three months after the release of 007 Legends.

Ahhh ok that makes sense.
Will keep an eye on it. If trading wasn't a pain in the ass now I would bother grabbing it.

zkylon

zkylewd
I still need to watch that, only seen the first three or so episodes. Is the first season done yet? I don't really do this weekly scrounging for new episodes, I'm more of a hyper binge watcher type
yeah, season's over and i think that's gonna be it (i hope so, it wraps up beautifully)

they did a very shitty ova too lol

it's not really worth your time but i can understand anyone wanting more time with these characters

ViviOggi

yeah, season's over and i think that's gonna be it (i hope so, it wraps up beautifully)

they did a very shitty ova too lol

it's not really worth your time but i can understand anyone wanting more time with these characters
Oh that's perfect, onto the watchlist it goes

here's the closest thing to an emulated mario kart game that we're getting out of a MK game for steam. Enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Freedom = $1.05, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed -- MB-EEC39B991D5B2DC2 - Taken by sensoft04. 5 entrants total.

t1417565768z1.png

Arthea

ANuclearError, I don't want to read spoilers, could you kindly write does it play like usually TT VNs play? And does it feel like GoT, at least story?

Ruruja

What awful timing. Just spent 10mins waiting in a lobby for a race to finish and then as it's about to start maintenance kicks in yo.

Steam Community is not available now. Hmm! Structure and rules revision?

Edit: Even Steam store too:

"Sorry

The Steam Store is experiencing some heavy load right now. Please try again later."

yo bro wtf, i thought we were done with this maintenance nonsense. i was just about to ask jaw and strider if they wanted to get that work in smash.

ANuclearError, I don't want to read spoilers, could you kindly write does it play like usually TT VNs play? And does it feel like GoT, at least story?

Yeah, pretty bog-standard TT wise. So far, I would say that is does feel like GoT in the respect of how (very minor stuff you may already know about, I just wanna be safe)
You're playing the family, not 1 person. Like if the first book had no Dany or Tyrion chapters in it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
It's still a thing. Not splunked at all!

Well, using Splunk doesn't mean that you instantly have no downtime. It's just aggregation software for "big data" that lets you find trends and patterns in numbers that would otherwise be disparate.

I think the press article about Valve and Splunk may have been overstating the software's usefulness quite a bit. You also need someone who knows what they're doing (read: certified hint hint) to set up Splunk to gather meaningful metrics. Once that's done, you have to have someone who knows what they're looking at make decisions about those metrics and act on them.

I imagine setting up Splunk at Valve is akin to someone there going "Hey guys, isn't it weird that Steam always seems to go down for a few minutes every Tuesday afternoon?" because nobody there seems to know what anyone else is doing.

dani_dc

Don't take the risk dude. This broadcasting feature will need senators to vote for its awkward laws.

I'll leave it off for now, how ridiculous.

Technically it's off by default.
It only starts streaming when you accept your friend to watch it. (It stays private)
If you want it public, you need to change settings.

I don't think they ban if you stream to a friend? Or even have time to check every stream.

That's nice an all, but you could very well change it to public setting and then go play an adult game without remembering it. Without a "per-game setting" I'd imagine it's very easy to lose track, and annoying to go back and forth.

I just played Valkyria Chronicles now if I go play South Park I'll need to remember to go manually change the settings from public to private/friends.

Arthea

Yeah, pretty bog-standard TT wise. So far, I would say that is does feel like GoT in the respect of how (very minor stuff you may already know about, I just wanna be safe)
You're playing the family, not 1 person. Like if the first book had no Dany or Tyrion chapters in it.

Thanks, gonna probably wait till some more episodes are released, though.

I kinda wish TT did something about that gameplay of theirs too, but that's unrealistic

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I don't get it - why would Korra be taken down so quickly...

It's a licensed game published by Activision, which has a history of not renewing their licensing or cancelling licensing rights early on.

Oh, I know ;)
I was just trying to do a funny. Sorry.

No worries, as someone who has a lot of knowledge of how these things work it kinda puts me in the class of people who miss out on the joke. :(

Top Bottom