• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Jawmuncher

That new streaming stuff is crazy. People streaming anime shows via VLC player lol. The quality for some of the stuff I watched was very damn good as well.

Surprised Valve was able to stealth drop such a big community feature. No one saw this coming at all. I wonder what other big stuff they can stealth drop.

Weird how it works on the Friends list though.
Clicked on everyone's profile to watch that is online right now and nothing.
Don't put the button there steam if they aren't opted for it.
Its also on one of the most infamous episodes

Parsnip

This streaming thing is pretty unexpected.

Does anyone know if it uses hardware encoding like nvenc? In-home streaming has that support, I would imagine this has as well, but I don't see any settings for it yet.

That new streaming stuff is crazy. People streaming anime shows via VLC player lol. The quality for some of the stuff I watched was very damn good as well.

Surprised Valve was able to stealth drop such a big community feature. No one saw this coming at all. I wonder what other big stuff they can stealth drop.

The Bass
fishing simulator we've all be wanting

Grief.exe

It needs the steam overlay?
Because it's not letting me watch anything.

Maybe. Older Rockstar games are so hacked together at this point to get them running.

Weird how it works on the Friends list though.
Clicked on everyone's profile to watch that is online right now and nothing.
Don't put the button there steam if they aren't opted for it.

I'd imagine this will go live fairly quickly, so developing that UI elements would be a waste.

So I just found out that if you're idling using Idle Master/SAM and someone starts watching your broadcast, even though they can't see the game (since it's not actually running), they can hear any and all sounds from Windows. My friend just connected and was able to hear the music I was listening to, unbeknownst to me.

Jawmuncher

So I just found out that if you're idling using Idle Master/SAM and someone starts watching your broadcast, even though they can't see the game (since it's not actually running), they can hear any and all sounds from Windows. My friend just connected and was able to hear the music I was listening to, unbeknownst to me.

Hopefully someone doesn't watch when at night.
Who knows what they might hear.

Tecl0n

creepy.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
today is my birthday, happy birthday to me!

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23567-1401374124-4.gif
Congrats! :)

..huh, that's interesting. if possible, that should be added to the OP and the readme on idle master.

dani_dc

As I said when they were getting rid of Dead Pool it got quite the discount.
So if they are planning as much for Korra, then I would assume they would do the same for a last ditch effort to maximize sales. I see it hitting at least 50% off activisons favorite discount.

I like your way of thinking.
Now to decide until thursday.

Except the whole VC2 > VC but what can you do.

Wow. That is creepy.
Never gonna activate broadcasting.

zkylon

zkylewd
tried streaming a bit but i don't think it ran too well? my internet is not too great so i dunno which bitrate should i use or whatever

Nzyme32

I'd imagine this will go live fairly quickly, so developing that UI elements would be a waste.

I'm not sure about that. It doesn't say so anywhere else, but in the Jews section it says something about having limited concurrent users as they scale the service up for the wider audience. I'm not entirely sure how quickly something like that can be done

Jawmuncher

I'm not sure about that. It doesn't say so anywhere else, but in the Jews section it says something about having limited concurrent users as they scale the service up for the wider audience. I'm not entirely sure how quickly something like that can be done

Getting excited for Hanukkah?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

I'm laughing at this more than I should be.

I really hope red faction guerilla: steam edition gets a lot of buyers. That's an awesome move, and I loved the multiplayer in that game back on console.

Mostly because of how responsive the aiming was.

Anyone else pick it up? only 3 bucks right now.

Jawmuncher

I'm looking for some easy 100%'s....suggestions?

Games!

Beating Alien Isolation is actually a pretty easy 100%.
Didn't even try and I got 40/50 and the rest was just collecting stuff and some minor things I could have used on a save.

Long live the queen is easy since it's a VN

Murdered Soul Suspect if you use a guide for the collectibles

Walking Dead Season 2 is a freebie

As well as The Wolf Among Us as long as you get the codex entries

Those were the only that popped out at me.

I'm looking for some easy 100%'s....suggestions?

Games!

Your Telltale games, especially TWDs2 call out "play us".
TWAU is a little more involved than just completing it because you have to do certain things to unlock all journal entries, but it's not really hard, per se.

Mutant Blobs Attack is an awesome platformer that wasn't super difficult to get all achievements/trophies in.

Renegade Ops wasn't super hard to do either.

The Penny Arcade RPGs were pretty easy to 100%.

Murdered Soul Suspect is a pretty easy 100% (it's pretty much all story and all collectibles; few, if any, are missable.)

Jazzpunk wasn't hard, especially if you don't mind checking a guide for some of the more obtuse ones.

Lain

WoW got the weekly maintenance, so I'm free to do something else for some hours.
Leviathan devs gave me my Steam key for the game, so I'm thinking I'll go and re-play the first episodes and maybe progress a bit on the episodes I didn't play.

The games added to the Humble Sega bundle felt somewhat underwhelming ('cause I already have them).

Jawmuncher

Jawmuncher, you'll find this super weird.

I have what's left of memories of a dream of Dino Crisis being announced and you freaking out to the point your avatar materialized in front of me and you started jumping.

True story.

Looks like i'm doing my job here on GAF.

Top Bottom