• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Red Faction Guerilla's framerate is basically cut in half on my 970 at 4K if I turn their ambient occlusion setting on. It looks like ass so that makes for an easy turn off.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Really nice to see the Nordic dev come out today and do the Red Faction steamworks patch. Lots of people are happy about it. We need more of it.

derExperte

Really nice to see the Nordic dev come out today and do the Red Faction steamworks patch. Lots of people are happy about it. We need more of it.

I've read on the RF forum that they're going to officially patch Gothic 3 with the latest community patch.

Jawmuncher

Red Faction Guerilla's framerate is basically cut in half on my 970 at 4K if I turn their ambient occlusion setting on. It looks like ass so that makes for an easy turn off.

That option in SR4 did the same thing to me.
Was running it odd on my 660. Turned it off everything is fine.

I take it there's no way to add $0.01 to a humble bundle you just bought, is there? I accidentally paid a cent less than what was needed to reach a tier... god damn it

Handlebar-Mustache-Of-Furious-Rage-On-WWE.gif

tmarg

I take it there's no way to add $0.01 to a humble bundle you just bought, is there? I accidentally paid a cent less than what was needed to reach a tier... god damn it

Handlebar-Mustache-Of-Furious-Rage-On-WWE.gif

There is a button to increase your order amount, but I'm not sure if it will actually unlock new tiers. I guess at 1 cent off, you might as well try.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Alright someone at Nordic has clearly taken charge. After the Red Faction news i checked around cause i seemed to remember them being the Publisher for Black Mirror and they are. Black Mirror is a fucking abortion on steam. Totally broken. Me and a bunch of other people bitched like hell on the forums to fix their shit.

Just checked the steam page and Nov. 6th they patched it to fix it. Took a long time to do but i feel like it became evident in the months it was broken they need to get their shit together and they did.

Lomax

So, on the theory that new Warlock keys unlock all the DLC, I snagged one off modbot (thanks Nzyme32) and tried to activate it, and it says my account already has the game (I have the game and a couple of the DLC, but not all of them). So maybe it would work for people who don't already have the game, but it doesn't work to fill in the DLC gaps.

Alright someone at Nordic has clearly taken charge. After the Red Faction news i checked around cause i seemed to remember them being the Publisher for Black Mirror and they are. Black Mirror is a fucking abortion on steam. Totally broken. Me and a bunch of other people bitched like hell on the forums to fix their shit.

Just checked the steam page and Nov. 6th they patched it to fix it. Took a long time to do but i feel like it became evident in the months it was broken they need to get their shit together and they did.

I'll give Nordic a lot of credit, since they basically became THQv2, they actually seem to be taking being a mid-tier publisher pretty seriously. They're hardly perfect, but they seem to be putting the effort in.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 30 Steam keys and 9 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Larva Mortus -- MB-69F77A13D79D8F0E - Taken by factorone
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Luna Shattered Hearts - Episode 1 -- MB-85A3B63EEB2E6B4F
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-5D27D8DD7FE2537A
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-0D92881BB91AF863
Montas -- MB-8DF32597B766E18A - Taken by freshVeggie
BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-0186ABA67477B004 - Taken by nja
Litil Divil -- MB-6D61D03BB8F89A03
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Startag -- MB-51970F7718E711E9 - Taken by WinterDemons
Ludwig -- MB-6286CF1B2E2FA042 - Taken by Benedict
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-DCFF80254B3CF348 - Taken by autoduelist
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-30D9982CBDA85667 - Taken by sensoft04
Metro 2033 -- MB-B804BD9ED72BC236 - Taken by Pranay_
Tropico 3 #2 -- MB-D6474A70C3EA70D9
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-61EDA2AD35D8DB1D
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) SanctuaryRPG -- MB-B87B91B869619002
Glacier 3: The Meltdown -- MB-4E7A1159F5A1144C - Taken by Abomination
Darkout -- MB-47B623AD00F69799 - Taken by texhnolyze
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-49EC4241DDE68FB5
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Prelogate -- MB-74780BF40E219C35 - Taken by still
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-431A746015A644A3
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-51B52F5B75FF71D9 - Taken by Florida Man
LEVEL 22, Gary's Misadventures -- MB-B6CA8969CFCA6711 - Taken by fernandes
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) You are not a Banana: Chapter 1 -- MB-C0836C96AA29B4D9 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Yelaxot Full -- MB-3EF2C246927E826C - Taken by crazyrabbits
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron -- MB-DB922FCEDB7751C0
Thief Gold -- MB-D7A71F3F03F9672C - Taken by lindarasta
Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage -- MB-DEE8D52CDFD3481A - Taken by bobnowhere
Major Mayhem -- MB-834BF79A4460A4D8 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
SpaceChem -- MB-64CD1428381A4D83 - Taken by RVinP
Tropico 3 -- MB-937ED2F8B0844ACE - Taken by roadrunn3r
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Crunch Time! -- MB-27A06DEF08C3F795
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) blue rose -- MB-5D0F55E461749B39
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Radium -- MB-55E02AA650ED3852 - Taken by WinterDemons
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-8884817532409E6F - Taken by roadrunn3r
Soulbringer -- MB-B35A789C19F68616 - Taken by factorone
Worms Pinball -- MB-F9D672D3DB82C5DC - Taken by fuzzy123
receiver -- MB-5F54D6965E625B92 - Taken by Tesseract
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-BE2CC07A05CAF687 - Taken by electroflame
Ionball 2: Ionstorm -- MB-0BD9380330CF9313 - Taken by Speevy

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Larva Mortus was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for (desura) Luna Shattered Hearts - Episode 1 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Worms Crazy Golf was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Cobi Treasure Deluxe was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Montas was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for (desura) Startag was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ludwig was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Metro 2033 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Tropico 3 #2 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for (Desura) SanctuaryRPG was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Glacier 3: The Meltdown was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for (Desura) Prelogate was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Kingdom Elemental was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for LEVEL 22, Gary's Misadventures was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for (desura) Yelaxot Full was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Thief Gold was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Major Mayhem was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for SpaceChem was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Tropico 3 was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for (desura) Crunch Time! was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for (desura) blue rose was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for (desura) Radium was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for A Virus Named TOM was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Worms Pinball was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for receiver was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ethan: Meteor Hunter was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Ionball 2: Ionstorm was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

derExperte

The Deer God EA: http://store.steampowered.com/app/328940/

Looks glorious.

Almost finished too.

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
“1 month”

Murdered Soul Suspect is a pretty easy 100% (it's pretty much all story and all collectibles; few, if any, are missable.)

Some are unfortunately missable as I found out the hard way. There's one location you can't get back to again to collect them right before the end since it triggers the endgame
museum

So I just found out that if you're idling using Idle Master/SAM and someone starts watching your broadcast, even though they can't see the game (since it's not actually running), they can hear any and all sounds from Windows. My friend just connected and was able to hear the music I was listening to, unbeknownst to me.

Yeah, I'm listening to my friend play MP3s on his computer right now. A little funny but pretty disturbing too.

Some are unfortunately missable as I found out the hard way. There's one location you can't get back to again to collect them right before the end since it triggers the endgame
museum

I was checking a guide because I remember someone in here pointed out that a few were missable in that location -- and I was able to go back after I exited. But I was still cleaning up stuff out in the town at that point and wasn't looking to head to the end game yet... I remember thinking it was weird because I found a way back in after everyone had been saying the stuff in there was missable.

Hanzou

Can anyone clarify what you actually get with that company of heroes game from the sega Bundle. It says you don't need the base game and it's mp only. So what exactly can you do with it? Can I play online against other people but only in the maps and faction that comes with this?

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Looks glorious.

Almost finished too.

Saw CueZero post a dozen screenshots of it. I wasn't sure if I was down for it, but my lord is it gorgeous.

Maybe I'll pick it up after I grab Ultraworld. Spending is tight.

I really really want a Frostbite remake of DA:O :(

Keep hope for a remaster a la the ME collection. That I am pretty sure was announced but I may or may not be imagining.

Apparently it's in the current Humble Mobile Bundle for $8... I just don't know if it will give you a Steam key:

https://www.humblebundle.com/mobile

There's not a lot of games in that which are also on Steam, but when they added Paper Monsters Recut to the bundle, it has the Steam Key logo...
Someone wanna be a guinea pig and see if $8 gets you The Deer God + Shadow Blade + Paper Monsters Recut?

The bundles that give you both are called "PC and Android" bundles, not Mobile bundles.

And yet a bonus in the Mobile only bundle gives both...
I don't know that it's likely that the other games that are now on steam have had keys added, but that fact the bonus game is both gives me both.
I'll give $8 to charity right now for The Deer God and a copy of Shadowblade.

Looks glorious.

Almost finished too.

museum

And yet a bonus in the Mobile only bundle gives both...

Just noticed The Deer God in the mobile bundle. Wish there was a Steam key added to that. :(

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DA:I is a better MMO.

very true. also im not ignoring you, my phone's wifi is fucking busted, goes on and off without warning, mostly off.

Which reminds me, I had a PM from you asking about DAO mods from like a month ago that I didn't realize I had. Didn't mean to snub you on that, hopefully you found all the naked joining mods without my help <3

no but I found all the fancy awesome hair styles, which is what matters (as Inquisition proves)

Top Bottom