• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Milamber

Moderators can probably check any stream they want regardless of privacy settings.

EBASh0A.gif

sensoft04

Banned
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 30 Steam keys and 9 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Larva Mortus -- MB-69F77A13D79D8F0E - Taken by factorone
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Luna Shattered Hearts - Episode 1 -- MB-85A3B63EEB2E6B4F
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-5D27D8DD7FE2537A
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-0D92881BB91AF863
Montas -- MB-8DF32597B766E18A - Taken by freshVeggie
BlackSoul: Extended Edition -- MB-0186ABA67477B004 - Taken by nja
Litil Divil -- MB-6D61D03BB8F89A03
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Startag -- MB-51970F7718E711E9 - Taken by WinterDemons
Ludwig -- MB-6286CF1B2E2FA042 - Taken by Benedict
Dawn of Fantasy: Kingdom Wars -- MB-DCFF80254B3CF348 - Taken by autoduelist
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-30D9982CBDA85667 - Taken by sensoft04
Metro 2033 -- MB-B804BD9ED72BC236 - Taken by Pranay_

Tropico 3 #2 -- MB-D6474A70C3EA70D9
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages -- MB-61EDA2AD35D8DB1D
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) SanctuaryRPG -- MB-B87B91B869619002
Glacier 3: The Meltdown -- MB-4E7A1159F5A1144C - Taken by Abomination
Darkout -- MB-47B623AD00F69799 - Taken by texhnolyze
Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-49EC4241DDE68FB5
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) Prelogate -- MB-74780BF40E219C35 - Taken by still
Kingdom Elemental -- MB-431A746015A644A3
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-51B52F5B75FF71D9 - Taken by Florida Man
LEVEL 22, Gary's Misadventures -- MB-B6CA8969CFCA6711 - Taken by fernandes
ulgzbKC.png
(Desura) You are not a Banana: Chapter 1 -- MB-C0836C96AA29B4D9 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Yelaxot Full -- MB-3EF2C246927E826C - Taken by crazyrabbits
Haegemonia: Legions of Iron -- MB-DB922FCEDB7751C0
Thief Gold -- MB-D7A71F3F03F9672C - Taken by lindarasta
Haegemonia: The Solon Heritage -- MB-DEE8D52CDFD3481A - Taken by bobnowhere
Major Mayhem -- MB-834BF79A4460A4D8 - Taken by hardcastlemccormick
SpaceChem -- MB-64CD1428381A4D83 - Taken by RVinP
Tropico 3 -- MB-937ED2F8B0844ACE - Taken by roadrunn3r
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Crunch Time! -- MB-27A06DEF08C3F795
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) blue rose -- MB-5D0F55E461749B39
ulgzbKC.png
(desura) Radium -- MB-55E02AA650ED3852 - Taken by WinterDemons
A Virus Named TOM -- MB-8884817532409E6F - Taken by roadrunn3r
Soulbringer -- MB-B35A789C19F68616 - Taken by factorone
Worms Pinball -- MB-F9D672D3DB82C5DC - Taken by fuzzy123
receiver -- MB-5F54D6965E625B92 - Taken by Tesseract
Ethan: Meteor Hunter -- MB-BE2CC07A05CAF687 - Taken by electroflame
Ionball 2: Ionstorm -- MB-0BD9380330CF9313 - Taken by Speevy

Anon the code copied for the game isn't full there dots in them so it leads me back to the main page

may be its the Modbot fault

Mokoi

Banned
yea i think i'm not gonna be able to stream, you need a much better internet i think
Yes I believe having decent cyberwebz is a requirement. That is why I don't stream, and try to get suckers to donate to me.

I don't think I'll be making any purchases this sale. Well perhaps just a few games, but there is not anything I want really or have been waiting for.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yes I believe having decent cyberwebz is a requirement. That is why I don't stream, and try to get suckers to donate to me.

I don't think I'll be making any purchases this sale. Well perhaps just a few games, but there is not anything I want really or have been waiting for.

Mokoi stuck in a time warp confirmed, the sale is over

Monooboe

So what happens if you are broadcasting "game-only" but you alt-tab? Does is just still show the game, desktop or does the screen just go black?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So, I'm private streaming right now. I won't get banned right? Only zykylon is there through invite only.

do you think that valve / whoever runs that streaming shit doesnt have access to what you stream just because its private?

Mokoi

Banned
Mokoi stuck in a time warp confirmed, the sale is over
Man the sale hasn't end for me since the very first one. Whenever that was.

So what happens if you are broadcasting "game-only" but you alt-tab? Does is just still show the game, desktop or does the screen just go black?
Well if you were to read the faq here. No only the game is broadcasted unless you allow your desktop.

Edit: people won't see the dirty stuff you be looking up. :)

After having watched some of Game of Thrones Telltale game, I don't know if I like the art style and watercolor filter they use, I think they need to focus on a new engine, it's a shame that for a company that prides themselves on how great and realistic their characters and stories, they use a bunk old engine that doesn't look great or animate well, a fresh bit of tech would take their games to a new level I think.

After having watched some of Game of Thrones Telltale game, I don't know if I like the art style and watercolor filter they use, I think they need to focus on a new engine, it's a shame that for a company that prides themselves on how great and realistic their characters and stories, they use a bunk old engine that doesn't look great or animate well, a fresh bit of tech would take their games to a new level I think.

While it would be nice, they can't even get their old tech working properly. Can you imagine the tech support issues we'd get if Telltale decided to try a new engine?

zkylon

zkylewd
Noob question: does Steam offer a cloud backup for save files? And if not why not??

it does for games that use steamworks

not all of them but a lot of aaa games use steamworks. some have issues like fallout new vegas and use steamworks but don't support cloud saves

While it would be nice, they can't even get their old tech working properly. Can you imagine the tech support issues we'd get if Telltale decided to try a new engine?

Well maybe if they built a new engine that's made for their type of games that they make now, it could help solve some of those problems that might be a legacy issue with the engine their using now. One would hope, but I'm getting tired of they way their games look.

Monooboe

Well if you were to read the faq here. No only the game is broadcasted unless you allow your desktop.

Edit: people won't see the dirty stuff you be looking up. :)

The wording wasn't completely clear so didn't know how it applied to alt-tab:ing, but I guess that counts as not being in the game. Also haha I wasn't worried about the dirty stuff, more about when alt-tab:ing to answer facebook/skype messages.^^;

Milamber

Streaming went quite well, considering...
- I was remote desktop from my office to my home PC and streaming that stream from there to my office PC
- I played in 480p and it was pretty smooth
- I only had a 2 mb upstream.

RVinP

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 30 Steam keys and 9 other items.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

SpaceChem -- MB-64CD1428381A4D83 - Taken by RVinP

Hearty thanks to this anonymous benefactor, I haven't tried SpaceChem yet and its time I did (ASAP).

Lain

I was going over the installed games I have to decide what to delete and came upon Panzar, a f2p online game I installed because I was curious to try it out some time ago. Naturally I never did so I decided to do it now.

I started it up and was greeted by the usual client wanting to download some update, which I let it do.
Meanwhile I noticed a video button on the client and pressed it, which brought me to the game website where a tutorial video was shown to me. Once the video ended I closed it and took a better look at the game's website, noticing that the nipples of the woman on the right were half showing. Well, that's fine with me, I thought, so once it got done patching I started it up.
I created my character, a Fire something woman and started the in-game tutorial. Once I got control of my almost butt naked character I noticed something. That something is that I couldn't move. My character keeps walking in place. now, i don't mind looking at a good butt but I also would prefer if that butt led me somewhere. The butt here doesn't lead me anywhere and, truth be told, it's not all that nice of a butt, though still a nicely shaped butt.
Anyways, to end this ramble, I can now, with a clear conscience, go ahead and uninstall Panzar.

Top Bottom