• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

This somehow reappeared in my inventory:

MlTAcdJ.png

Lain

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-DE2B421E61F3B62C - Taken by dirtywhirlwind
Viking: Battle for Asgard -- MB-97033D530D6DE0E7 - Taken by The Dear Leader

Too bad what humble added were games I already owned. Someone else will have fun with them, hopefully.

denx

I watched for like an hour a guy getting his ass handed to him on Dark Souls (at the Undead Burg/Parish, the same part where I stopped playing). Was te most watched stream for a while, some quality entertainment. But now I'm sad cause I missed Milamber's stream tho. :(

Gonna try streaming a little. You're welcome to stalk me, but my internet connection is ass so I don't know how the stream will turn out.

Not Bad Rats. :p

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Vd1j7n6.png

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-C302BF5FE352F4B1 - Taken by MarcoZombieCannon. 3 entrants total.
Mystery Game -- MB-F4355DDFD0802B4F - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 5 entrants total.

t1417592649z1.png

Vuze

Streaming feature sounds so cool... sucks to have a complete shit internet connection like me, can't even stream at 480p :(

Scipius

This somehow reappeared in my inventory:

It seems Valve have reactivated the Summer Adventure 2014 items; they did the same with the Winter 2013 items right before the 2014 summer sale. It probably just means you can now trade them again; the event itself is over.

If you look in your badges page, you'll see that both the Summer 2014 and Winter 2013 badge have the green "Play Now" button, as though you can still get card drops; it doesn't start up anything though.

Oh god no. Not again!?

Indications are that we'll have something to do with goo this winter sale.

Coreda

Quite enjoying this game Chariot, and cheers to FillerB for gifting it to me. Played just over an hour and thought I'd share my thoughts so far.

You essentially guide a chariot that contains the voiced spirit and remains of a king across underground levels with a detachable rope that can be adjusted in length, while attracting loot, skulls, and blueprints to craft new gadgets (and likely new weapons) that aid in trickier areas.

There's a subtle stillness in the sound design throughout, and it ties in with part of the gameplay, as well. In certain areas enemies will spring up if you make too much noise by dropping the chariot from too great a height, which you can fight off with your sword to regain loot.

Straightforward mechanics and the default keyboard controls were intuitive enough that I haven't felt like re-binding them. Voice acting, sound design and general polish is solid and the inter-level shop/craft/achievement area with the skeleton engineer is a cute touch. It's a relaxing game.

Sini

Steam streaming is super cool. They need a automatic spam filter though, people are spamming shit in chat like it's Twitch.

Edit: Also level 0 accounts with no games that were just made shouldn't have ability to chat.

SonicIdiot11.gif

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-A4D1C48DFDCCFEE0 - Taken by The Red Wizard. 5 entrants total.

t1417594690z1.png

Knurek

I really should take a picture of inside of my computer case - I'm sure my cable 'management' method would give a few folks here heart attacks. :)

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
A little love for the new GENERATIONs

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.

t1cxE6r.gif
Sonic Generations -- MB-EA2747CC53386B23 - Taken by redlacs

Well, I don't want to be juniored just for Sanic.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
For some reason, playing Grid 2 and Driver SF with a controller is my fave thing to do now. I really have to thank the guys who recommended / gifted me those since I probably won't play them at all.

wilflare

Well, I don't want to be juniored just for Sanic.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````````
For some reason, playing Grid 2 and Driver SF with a controller is my fave thing to do now. I really have to thank the guys who recommended / gifted me those since I probably won't play them at all.

did I miss a reference here...?

Played a few hours of Wolfenstein, it's very fun, the guns feel super great, hip fire is legit, so I don't need to go ADS all the time, which is nice.

Ozium

my yaiba thread got locked and i am legit shook... some one accused me of trolling but you guys remember I was saying this game was good in here.. :/

Ozium

Samsung is best buy on the market ,if you don't like intel.OCZ big fail..
Thankfully avoided OCZ. I do currently have a Kingston 120GB SSD for Windows as it was on sale at the time and it was for my brand new at the time build.

I'll sleep on the SSD maybe, I could sell the code too. Maybe Sims would load faster. Lol

did I miss a reference here...?

Maybe. Maybe not.
Clue is in the title
. For real though, They have been a fun game to play.
``````````````````````````````````````````````````
Too bad I've missed the initial crazy hours of Steam Broadcasting. Now, there is too much, too many Sakura Spirit for my liking.

my yaiba thread got locked and i am legit shook... some one accused me of trolling but you guys remember I was saying this game was good in here.. :/

Sorry about that, but you DID mention it beforehand (about making a provocative title) and your attitude was very "let's see people's reaction!".

I mean, that's not a particularly good start for a discussion.

Ozium

Sorry about that, but you DID mention it beforehand (about making a provocative title) and your attitude was very "let's see people's reaction!".

I mean, that's not a particularly good start for a discussion.

I said that it was the best NG since black and then some ppl agreed and some ppl were like "u crazy" and that was that.. then I responded to somebody and gave genuine opinion of liking what little I played and then said I should make an lttp thread with that title since apparently people reacted to it in either direction... it wasn't to troll.. I legit like yaiba more than 2 and 3

edit: the statement regarding NGB came about before I even thought of making an LTTP for it...

Tizoc

Hey if you like the game that's fine, I don't see it as a technical mess, and it ran fine on my laptop at 60 FPS.
Gameplay is solid, not for everyone but I can see some enjoying it more than others.

Arthea

can we say that steam is now steamy?

sorry about your thread Ozzie, it wasn't going well from the start but I didn't expect it to die this soon.

ExoSoul

Banned
Reagrding the banned trader, this is in Valve's ToS:
"You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose."

While he himself did not circumvent geographical restrictions he was the method others used to do so, a enabler, and was banned because of it. Valve has legal ground on this one and what I find funny is everyone turning on Valve for doing a bad job.
Sure, it sucks that you won't be able yo buy games on the cheap anymore but rules are rules. (or terms in this case)

Ozium

Reagrding the banned trader, this is in Valve's ToS:
"You agree that you will not use IP proxying or other methods to disguise the place of your residence, whether to circumvent geographical restrictions on game content, to purchase at pricing not applicable to your geography, or for any other purpose."

While he himself did not circumvent geographical restrictions he was the method others used to do so, a enabler, and was banned because of it. Valve has legal ground on this one and what I find funny is everyone turning on Valve for doing a bad job.
Sure, it sucks that you won't be able yo buy games on the cheap anymore but rules are rules. (or terms in this case)

that clause pertains only to disguising your place of residence, which he did not do. If there was a clause that said "you agree to not aid and abet others in circumventing geographical restrictions on game content..." then his ban would be justified. However, there was no such clause in place and valve is grossly misrepresenting what is stated by themselves.

Top Bottom