• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Ozium

2014-12-04_09-27-46.jpg

I have fond memories of Karnov... playing it at christmas time explaining to my grandma how video games worked...

and then when I eventually beat it and for my victory I got the awesome ending that was a black screen with white text that said "THE END"

would buy a remake

Ozium

SALT Impressions:

walked around a little island while getting the hang of things... grabbed some logs, crafted a pick axe and broke a boulder... then I crafted a raft out of some logs and cloth that I found in a treasure chest...

I put the boat in the water and got on it, started up the sail and was journeying to the next island...

then, like an idiot, I walked off the boat and into the water and tried swimming after my boat but the wind had hit the sail and it was moving fairly swift.....

then I felt like a chump and closed the game

true story

Coreda

For the first month or so, Eastern Europe fell under the ROW sub, so there is literally no scenario in which you could end up with a region-locked game.

Your Christmas avatar reminds me that your Ronan doppelganger ClassyPenguin was banned. Just read up on why. One wrong post and boom :/

Arthea

5 pages of bread buns? Why I even bread it, fist ting in the mourning?
you guys
I think I'll have headache for the rest of the day

SALT Impressions:

walked around a little island while getting the hang of things... grabbed some logs, crafted a pick axe and broke a boulder... then I crafted a raft out of some logs and cloth that I found in a treasure chest...

I put the boat in the water and got on it, started up the sail and was journeying to the next island...

then, like an idiot, I walked off the boat and into the water and tried swimming after my boat but the wind had hit the sail and it was moving fairly swift.....

then I felt like a chump and closed the game

true story
too salty, you could do better than that

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have you put any sort of money into TF2? And is the Binding of Isaac thing a pre-order only thing? Did you pre-order? I just did the idle master technique and it showed up in my inventory.

It wasn't a pre-order incentive. It's rewarded to everybody who buys the game before the 10th, which is why I have it.

I have to give them credit for continuously updating the hell out of the game though. That's some good stuff.

Wait is the kart racing thing they did still there? I will actually install it if that's still there.

Yeah, Valve seems to really care for that game.

The Kart thing was the Halloween event, not sure if it's still available, haven't played in a while.

Arthea

please no...

economics leads to politics
politics leads to demagoguery
demagoguery... leads to suffering

this is actually accurate, except for suffering part

edited:
talking about TF2 items, why I can't sell them? is it me or trading cooldown on them is half of the year or something?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
this is actually accurate, except for suffering part

edited:
talking about TF2 items, why I can't sell them? is it me or trading cooldown on them is half of the year or something?

Certain items can't be sold, such as the Linux penguin and the Poker Night items. Pre-order items, such as the Temple of Osiris ones, can (in most cases) only be sold after the game has released. Thi4f is the only game that comes to mind where the pre-order items were made marketable before the game had unlocked.

Ozium

It wasn't a pre-order incentive. It's rewarded to everybody who buys the game before the 10th, which is why I have it.

ok.. now this is bullshit..
(not what JaseC said, it is true that now you have until the 10th)

they originally advertised it as being a pre-order bonus, but now that it's (FINALLY) available they extend that to the 10th?

i hate chicanery

Arthea

Certain items can't be sold, such as the Linux penguin and the Poker Night items. Pre-order items, such as the Temple of Osiris ones, can (in most cases) only be sold after the game has released. Thi4f is the only game that comes to mind where the pre-order items were made marketable before the game had unlocked.

That's not what I'm talking, the summer sale, as winter sale TF2 items became tradeable only months after, what struck me like really odd. I have bunch of TF2 items from having different games now and or all are untradeable or it's again a waiting game.

Ozium

That's not what I'm talking, the summer sale, as winter sale TF2 items became tradeable only months after, what struck me like really odd. I have bunch of TF2 items from having different games now and or all are untradeable or it's again a waiting game.

do you have a f2p account?

Arthea

DoA? hell yeah!
we are getting it so soon?

Talking about soon, I still have something like a week to decided to buy The Talos Principle now or not, discount isn't that bad, I just not sure when I'll get to playing it. My playing schedule is packed for years in advance (><)
I like how ridiculous it sounds, ya

Ozium

The ninja dude on the top left with the giant scythe isn't that creepy. I wouldn't call it cool or anything, but it's not creepy.

that's just ryu hyabusa.. you know that scrub who's in those shitty non-yaiba ninja gaiden games? :p

he's in yaiba too

Top Bottom