• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Milamber

That "I broke the game" thread is blowing my mind on the amount of exploits I never caught in the games I played.

Also, Shirt of Hurt is the best! Fucking genius!

Milamber

Oh. Nice. When is it?

Here...
doasteanekjp.png

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
From the DoA thread, its now confirmed that the game is coming to steam

Cool, I really enjoyed DoA2 on my Dreamcast many years ago, it was a fun fighting game. I'll probably pick this up when it comes out.

Shadownet

Banned
Please get that man a ChapStick.

Also why do I feel like I'm the only one excited for GTAV on PC?

I mean first person GTA. Finally I can find out what happen in first person view when
you're in a car with a hooker.
I'm kidding, I can't wait to jump out of an airplane and enjoy the view, with a parachute of course.

derExperte

Done with AssCreed Liberation. Short length (8hrs for the main story, all viewpoints and a few side missions), zero difficulty and more changes in scenery than I anticipated, barely felt like a mobile game. Only bad thing was the swamp, other than that perfect for when you crave some Ass but can't commit to the big ones.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Every time I scroll through the Steam recommendations I find things that amuse me.

linearibdzb.png

Steam can both correctly categorize CoD and chooses the correct main character gender in the Mass Effect series.

Female VA was awful. Almost put me to sleep every time the Female Shepard would say more than three words in a row. After every long story segment, I wouldn't know what had transpired.

Arthea

Was this already posted?
That inXile is planning yet
another RPG that has been passionately demanded of us for a while now! It’s still quite early in the process, but we will have more news on that in the New Year.

RPS speculates that it's probably The Bard’s Tale or Hunted or BG!

I really hope it's Arcanum, though, even if it won't happen ever

Maniac

Banned
Please get that man a ChapStick.

Also why do I feel like I'm the only one excited for GTAV on PC?

I mean first person GTA. Finally I can find out what happen in first person view when
you're in a car with a hooker.
I'm kidding, I can't wait to jump out of an airplane and enjoy the view, with a parachute of course.

I can't wait to see the modding that'll eventually happen. GTAV in first-person looking like Metro? Why thank you very much!

I really don't think I'll be playing in FP mode until some fidelity mods are out, unless the models and textures are a lot better on PC than the ones on the consoles. Which I'm not expecting. :p
Was this already posted?

Bard's Tale? Dragon Wars 2!

And while looking through Brian Fargo's credit.... I need Neuromancer on GOG.
Totally forgot to post this when I saw it in the Wasteland 2 KS update. Really look forward to seeing what it is, with Wasteland they've definitely proven that they still have some of dat sweet sweet RPG writing-mojo (even if the gameplay itself is so-so more often than not)

Dr Dogg

Well I'm probably the worst person to comment on what flies as not safe for work with the amount of fucking about I do (christ even copy I get for some ad campaigns would get people in trouble at some workplaces) but there's generally a consensus of what is considered NSFW on GAF. Of course if stuff that is going to be fine in one workplace but not in another, or more importantly yours maybe it might be best to hit up the mobile version of the site and have all pics and gifs hidden by default. I'm pretty sure what flies at Saucy Susan's Massage Parlor isn't going to be the same as Lloyds Bank.

Anyway some mutterings that best suit me. My crazy SSD care package turned up! Also Samsung must sell a lot of SSD's as after installing my latest 840 EVO (and realising I can't get to the other mount on the back of the motherboard tray due the the fact the flipping motherboard has to be taken out) it was already at the latest firmware that only came out a couple of months ago.

Was this already posted?

Arcanum with Steamworks? *fnar, fnar*

inm8num2

Aww man, locked out of the community market until Tuesday due to logging in from a new device (new hard drive). Hey Steam sale - don't start before December 9! ;)

Arthea

That last page was....something else.

I live in a city where I can just walk to a beach...

...and it is also balls cold.

i live in a city where you can walk to the beach, i've lived walking distance to a beach.

when it's always there, you never go to it. trust me, you take it for granted and youre ok with that

Dr Dogg

I live down the road from Severn Beach. It's not the kind of beach you folks are talking about though.
More mud than sand as seeing as it's right at the mouth of the Severn estuary pulling in all sorts of shit from the Atlantic you'd probably be best off having a tetanus booster before going down there.

Plus femshep has oodles more personality than oldshep.

That would be great. I can just subscribe a vendor selling tin cans in. No more hunting trash cans for tin cans to be made into grenades.

why, of course! ;)
edited: I always thought that it is highly ironic steamworks not being on steam (><)

You know what short of watching Sir Chris Avellone of Obsidianshire play through a while back I've never played an Arcanum title. Guess I should sort that out huh.

Arthea

DoA
sleeping.gif
Where's Ninja Gaiden Tecmo

about that... have you bought Yaiba?
thought so, no NG for you!

Actually it started yesterday.

GAMERSGATE-TURKEY for additional 20% off. Couldn't resist Untold Legends at 1€ as I had enough bluecoins to cover it :)

really? I wasn't expecting that, for sure
it's too soon!

Oh christ on a bike when did GOG start their Winter sale?

gog too?

I'm not ready!
it has to be earlier today, because I visited gog yesterday as usual, I'm sure

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Oh christ on a bike when did GOG start their Winter sale?

I just saw the notification from their Steam group pop up, so pretty recently.

You can get Age of Wonders for free too. Only 250,000 copies available. Hurry!

Top Bottom