• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Omega

Banned
i love drama

carry on

just don't get banned people i dont know what id do without you

i need my darlings

mods don't come to community.

ozi and shadow are safe unless someone snitches, which probably wouldn't surprise me since a few people are desperate to get back to gaming

Ozium

fun fact. we were all in mumble talking about pizza, asian food and other random shit until 6am EST the other day.

Another fun fact, Shadow thought he was Dr Phil and asked everyone to share their grievances that same night. None of this was ever brought up

and yet during the game when he said that you responded with "wtf he's in the game" which is an odd thing to say to someone who everyone knows is "just joking lol"

Miguel81

That's great that DOA5LR is up on Steam for pre-order. Now all we need are the NG games. KT will probably get around to a Remaster trilogy for the consoles anyway, might as well have it on Steam too.

Shadownet

Banned
i love drama
carry on
just don't get banned people i dont know what id do without you
i need my darlings
I'm sure if I'm not around. There is one less person sending you spider related stuff. Well I haven't done that in a while since you asked us to stop.

No no no... let them fight. Embrace the hatred... welcome to the dark side.
SteamGAF is full of good guys, we're in need of more villains.
Man... you got darker since august.

Jawmuncher

Origins explosive surprise was just a shitty sale? Yeah, I did not see that coming.

Origin sales piss me the hell off.
It's the same shit. Every.Single.Time.

People complain about GOG but there is a good turn out for new stuff.
Origin is the same exact games almost. At this point I think Uplay has a better store.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BernardoOne racist against other portuguese people confirmed

Some fighting
U4fbEAF.gif

Some more fighting

Can't you guys see that you're tearing us apart!?

Kiru

ozi and shadow are safe unless someone snitches, which probably wouldn't surprise me since a few people are desperate to get back to gaming
Before Jawmuncher brought it up himself I also would have said there are definetly snitches around. That ban must have been made because his post got reported to a mod outside of Steamgaf. Someone must have been super angry about nekkid anime girls popping out of nowhere.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
BernardoOne redeemed as not racist against other Portuguese people.

He is still racist against everyone else as far as I know

Before Jawmuncher brought it up himself I also would have said there are definetly snitches around. That ban must have been made because his post got reported to a mod outside of Steamgaf. Someone must have bern super angry to see nekkid anime girls out of nowhere.

the twist is I reported Munch. Not because it was naughty, but because it wasnt naughty enough. I expected full blown hentai action rom the way people were panicking, and was left with some tame ass fake-manga shit. I dont stand for that, I want my smut to be smuttastic

Shadownet

Banned
edit: as far as what shadow says, it's bullshit... straight up. he is acting like it's only one instance in which he "was joking" (without ever changing the tone of his voice, odd how I can tell when the other people he mentioned are joking around but when shadow says something there is venom in his voice) and if it was a one-time occurrence, sure, but when the same shit is said, in the same tone, over and over again then only a fool would believe it's "just a joke lol"

I have nothing against watching other people play, I have something against watching people play in order to make fun of them and laugh at their expense, this is just asshole behavior IMO but sure "everyone does it" whatever makes you feel better

Well then I guess a lot of people are fools then cause pretty much everyone except you knew I was joking. I'll admit the only time I ever outright told someone that they was terrible, was to gayskeleton and I did it to his face. I told him. "man I'm going to be honest with you. You're bad, and I never once said that to someone straight to their face."
I did however also told him afterward, that I'm not going to say this and leave. Yes I said you're terrible and it's the truth. I'm sorry if it upset you but you have to know that. You're good friend with Mayhem and with anyone I play CS with. I want all of us to get better. So dont be offended when someone give you a tip or suggestion. Just take it and practice."

Also, it is true that everyone does it. Mayhem and I played with 3 silvers yesterday, trying to teach them stuff, taking the risk of ranking down. Animl was watching us, I'm pretty sure he had a couple of good laughs at some of the dumb silver stuff they were doing. But he also told me he did message them afterward and offer them some advice.

SO if you wanna to continue being paranoid and think me, or whoever it will be next time that is against you. Please go ahead. It's not that we didn't try to help you or convince you otherwise. I like you Ozi, I think you're an okay guy, just like the rest of the people here, I like playing with you. (sometimes because I don't wanna do it all the time. I would derank so hard.) and to be brutally honest. The only time you're being dislikable is when you're being all paranoid like this, otherwise you're golden. Would I like to be friends with you? Yes I would. Look at me and Dr.Dogg. we're fine now. Which remind me. I still don't have him on Steam.

But yeah I'm done with this. I'm going to go play some game. If any of you have some honest stuff you wanna say to me. Go ahead and send me a PM. whether it's bad or good. I'll be civil. I'm just in no mood to sugar coat things right now.

Glorious Jill jiggles at 60 fps.

I mean, woo 60 fps gameplay.

Errr.. I don't think the original Jill model jiggled all that much. This isn't RE:R, y'know?

I'ts fine, grabbin' the demo. Thanks anyway. c:

Interesting smiley -- let me know what you think?

change your fucking avatar already, you lazy fuck

Change it to what, exactly?

Snitches get stitches... or found in ditches.
Seriously... even if you snitch to a GAF mod, there's a high likelihood nothing will come of it.

BernardoOne racist against other portuguese people confirmed

Probably with good reason?

BernardoOne redeemed as not racist against other Portuguese people.

He is still racist against everyone else as far as I know

Well, but that's an improvement!

Something positive at last!

Where's my Ground Zeroes preorder Konami? I bet that's what's making people angry.

Jawmuncher

Before Jawmuncher brought it up himself I also would have said there are definetly snitches around. That ban must have been made because his post got reported to a mod outside of Steamgaf. Someone must have been super angry about nekkid anime girls popping out of nowhere.

Especially when I went through all the effort to get rid of all the evidence.
The time it took to get banned was well past the clean up.
At least that was taken into account on the length.

the twist is I reported Munch. Not because it was naughty, but because it wasnt naughty enough. I expected full blown hentai action rom the way people were panicking, and was left with some tame ass fake-manga shit. I dont stand for that, I want my smut to be smuttastic

I'm sorry it wasn't up to Quality standards.

It's either gaf or games.

I should make it up on the weekend if nothing is going down.
I would be playing right now if I didn't have so much to idle.

zkylon

zkylewd
i think i'm gonna set my broadcasting thingie to invite only

shadownet sounds kinda of an asshole :3

wouldn't want him watching me fail at everything and making cracks at my expense

Omega

Banned

zkylon

zkylewd
i think ozium and shadownet should just hug it out

that's how problems between friends are fixed

judge zkylon says hug it out

The Enhanced Steam Standalone beta has begun! This is a huge redesign of the alpha version and there are a lot of changes.
  • Enhanced Steam is moving from alpha to beta, expect bugs
  • Completely redesigned launcher
  • More seamless user experience - Steam is Enhanced when launcher is running
  • Enhanced Steam no longer requires editing your host files
  • Added the option to minimize to system tray
  • Updated the codebase to include more features
  • Updated the codebase to work with the new Steam store layout
  • Enhanced Steam will now check for updates automatically
  • Enhanced Steam now requires an administrator to run
  • The application is now Windows only
If you have the alpha version of Enhanced Steam Standalone, you'll need to remove it before running the beta version. Additionally, you may need to edit you hosts file (typically c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) to remove the two Steam-related entries.

Please remember: this software is still in beta and there will be bugs. I'll try to help resolve any issues you may be having, but please remember to be patient.

The beta can be downloaded directly from http://www.EnhancedSteam.com/standalone/. Please do not download Enhanced Steam from unknown sources.

Installation is simple, simply extract the contents of the ZIP file anywhere on your PC. Then simply launch Enhanced Steam.exe.

Thanks for your participation in the beta. I hope to improve the application even further based on your feedback!

Works great! Only things I found were an error retrieving the metacritic user score (it shows as NaN/100 instead on the client version) and full screening a video doesn't seem to work properly, the whole screen freezes while the sound plays as normal, though you can still press escape to minimize back to the page.

Shadownet

Banned
That speaks more about you than it does him.
Most likely, I like my star the way it is. I worked hard to get to where I am.

i think i'm gonna set my broadcasting thingie to invite only

shadownet sounds kinda of an asshole :3

wouldn't want him watching me fail at everything and making cracks at my expense
To be honest, I'm only an asshole to people i'm 100% comfortable around, even then I'm not even 100% asshole. People like animl, mayhem, omega, udiie, soultron and the guys I play with daily.

In regard to you, I highly respect you as a member and as a person. Am i comfortable with you? yes. But I don't consider you one of my best friends on GAF. So it's not like I'm going to PM you on Steam and be like. "Yo man you were terrible yesterday." Because I know they can take the criticism and we can still be like let's play some games.

Beside I dont even know how the stream thing work. So you're safe. I'm sorry if I'm bad at explaining this.

Ozium

"The digital society furthers human flaws and selectively rewards development of convenient half-truths... The untested truths spun by different interests continue to churn and accumulate in the sandbox of political correctness and value systems... Everyone withdraws into their own, small gated community, afraid of a larger forum... "

Nabs

Steam Client Beta Update - December 4th
Broadcast

Fixed Steam client being unable to watch broadcasts on Mac OS X and Linux
Fixed broadcasting from machines where Intel hardware encoding was enabled
Left click on viewer name in chat opens menu to show profile or mute user
Fixed broadcaster unable to join own chat in some cases
Disabled broadcasting if in-game overlay is turned off
Added 1500 kbps encoding bitrate
Fixed typo in settings for encoding bitrate 3000 kbps
Fixed effective minimum encoding bitrate to be 750 kbps

legacyzero

Banned
Was wondering why this thread wasn't at the front page of the the Gaming section like it almost always is.

Yep, it's in here.

o_O

zkylon

zkylewd
nah, they should dust2 1v1 to settle it.
i knew i didn't go to law school for a reason

i rely too much on hugs

your idea sounds better

To be honest, I'm only an asshole to people i'm 100% comfortable around. People like animl, mayhem, omega, udiie, soultron and the guys I play with daily.

In regard to you, I highly respect you as a member and as a person. Am i comfortable with you? yes. But I don't consider you one of my best friends on GAF. So it's not like I'm going to PM you on Steam and be like. "Yo man you were terrible yesterday." Because I know they can take the criticism and we can still be like let's play some games.

Beside I dont even know how the stream thing work. So you're safe. I'm sorry if I'm bad at explaining this.

all i got from that is that we're not best friends ;_;

Top Bottom