• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

cicero

edit: the disney mega pack is region locked these days right? I have no fucking idea how to check the registry and whatnot

I was just trying to figure this out myself. I guess my next question would be, if I am gifted the Disney Mega Pack, what happens to Tron 2.0? Am I still able to buy it from another region later, or should I buy Tron 2.0 now and then add the Mega Pack to my inventory?

Ozium

I'm salty about people being fucking cunts like Shadownet
I'm paranoid about scammers like fucking Shadownet

quelle surprise

Haven't played it, but there's a demo on Steam.

I'll have to look into that, thanks for letting me know. : o

i need a title for the dead state ot

someone give me any ideas!

help

Dead State lOTl Scars and Stripes

As someone that dislikes wrestling, this makes me want to watch wrestling.

How can you dislike rasslin'?

RglelHI.gif

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I was just trying to figure this out myself. I guess my next question would be, if I am gifted the Disney Mega Pack, what happens to Tron 2.0? Am I still able to buy it from another region later, or should I buy Tron 2.0 now and then add the Mega Pack to my inventory?

as I stated on the last page the only disney game in this sale thats locked is Tron 2.0.
the mega pack is not region locked and should you buy the mega pack you will of course also get Tron 2.0 because its part of the pack

Ozium

You're salty because you can't understand a joke, you're paranoid cause well... Same reason.

you repeatedly shitting on me every other time I played CS with you is a continued pattern of behavior, not "just a joke"

how convenient that in one breath you can say "sorry, but its the truth" and then later claim "lol just joking" as if that will make everything kosher..

you also sit and watch people who aren't as good at you in a video game, like copons, and mock them in order to get your jollies...

oh remember the time you posted in here about how you were giving away a $50 steam card and at the same time had a post in the B/S/T thread where you were trying to sell the same card? not suspicious at all

what a guy

Tizoc

dude if youre going to post dinossaurs in wrestling, at least post the good one, aka the best entrance ever in a wrestling match

PuudnbY.gif

Rainmaker with dat anime-ass entrance. Why the giant sword? because Japan, thats why

edit: the disney mega pack is region locked these days right? I have no fucking idea how to check the registry and whatnot

I have to watch the match that intro is from.

THATS WRESTLING GAWD JOHN BRADSHAW LAYFIELD. Who cares about your flippy dippy Japanese indie man?!

Also, has anyone played Joylancer at all?

It's currently $5 for the early access on Humble Store, and it seems like it'd be something I'd be into. Just checking to see if I could get a second opinion or more info on it? Thanks!

I can stream it if you want... let me know.

Khronico

Dunno if anyone can help...

So I wanted to give X3 Terran Conflict a try today, but I'm getting really ugly and game breaking graphical glitches. I have everything maxed out and it runs beautifully, but as long as I have AA or AF enabled I get these glitches. Pictures:

The problems don't show up until I start a game too, which is strange. I tried disabling AA+AF and forcing them both through the AMD control center but no luck, same ugly problem. No other game has had this issue. I'd like to play the game maxed out since my rig can handle it perfectly, but it's impossible to do so -_-

demented

Extras:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (demented, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Runaway: A Road Adventure -- MB-8F36C44402CF05CD - Taken by Diedac. 10 entrants total.
Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-343ED0951F634F05 - Taken by Pranay_. 1 entrants total.

t1417748656z1.png

Also, has anyone played Joylancer at all?

It's currently $5 for the early access on Humble Store, and it seems like it'd be something I'd be into. Just checking to see if I could get a second opinion or more info on it? Thanks!

the game is good but it needs a lot of time to be finished , i say buy it now but play it in like 6 more months

Nope not region locked. Got mine from a dealer for a sweet price. Figured I'd jump on that before somehow Disney locks it up or most likely not put it up for a bigger discount during the Holiday Sale.

Shadownet

Banned
you repeatedly shitting on me every other time I played CS with you is a continued pattern of behavior, not "just a joke"

how convenient that in one breath you can say "sorry, but its the truth" and then later claim "lol just joking" as if that will make everything kosher..

you also sit and watch people who aren't as good at you in a video game, like copons, and mock them in order to get your jollies...

oh remember the time you posted in here about how you were giving away a $50 steam card and at the same time had a post in the B/S/T thread where you were trying to sell the same card? not suspicious at all

what a guy
All I said was. "Man Omega is making the guys on the other team look like Ozium by comparison." Which was in fact the truth. Omega is a much higher level than you, and me. He's an AK, you're a what? Silver Master? The fact that he got an Ace with an MP7, make those nova guys look like Silvers. If it was Copons or trunk or any other silver in the lobby I would have say the same and just substitute out the name. While what I said was true, it was also in a joking manner, as evidently everyone on our team knew that it was a joke except you.

You have a serious problem with thinking that pleple have a vendetta against you or something. This isn't the first time. You did it with animls before. You also fail on multiple occasions mistook casual guys fibbing on each others as serious shit talking.

Just the other day omega called me crappy, and I knew that in someway it was true cause I wasn't as good and I knew he was joking. I called him shity as well and he never took it personality. Animl and Mayhem did the same thing.

Maybe I'm terrible at explaining this. But any normal male would understand what I'm talking about. Guys talk crap about guys in front of their face all the time and still be able to tell when someone is just joking and when they're being serious.

Oh please, you act like I'm the only one who watches other people play and comment on their gameplay, I watch Copons, you, trunk, gayskeleton, mayhem, omega, even Atsou play. We don't just watch people and talk shit about their gameplay and call it a day. We actually try to teach them and suggest ways they could improve themselves.

Heck omega and I said Atsou was bad last night while watching him play. Unknown is notorious for watching people play, especially lower ranked people and talk about their gameplay. Everyone does it. Not just me.

Honestly, if you don't understand how this. I really have no idea how to explain it to you better. I'm not the first person to tell you to stop being so damn paranoid. People aren't out to get you or to shit on you.

I wasn't going to make this public, but since you "deleted me" I was like alright cool. I'll just let Ozi cool off a little. So I haven't been quoting or commenting on any of your stuff. Until you have to jab at me like that. So there you go.

Also please find a post where I said I was going to "giveaway" the $50 steam card.

Did I use the word giveaway? Or freebie? Or someone take it off my hand for free? Donation? No? Yeah I didn't think so.

I remember saying, I have a $50 Steam Wallet that i got from best buy cause of a deal. If you are looking to stock up for winter. Pm me.

I've also made it known before, that I was going to buy a G502 and that it would come with a steam wallet that I was not going to use and would be trying to sell it to get some money back.

I wanted to see if anyone wanna buy it off me. So that's why I listed it in B/S/T thread.

Tektonic

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys. (Bundle stuff...) To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

CHIP -- MB-5184D7B7ACD7BCEC - Taken by Jadax
Space Hack -- MB-F8C261A4DB47A119 - Taken by cardinalmind
Warlock : Master of the Arcane -- MB-4D11CA3BD72CD656 - Taken by texhnolyze
Worms Crazy Golf -- MB-771769C41E5419DA - Taken by electroflame
Sword of the Stars 2 : Enhanced Edition -- MB-D226BBA4E6DBE81F - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Jets'n'Guns Gold -- MB-8B472AD392FB422C - Taken by RyanPierre
Power-Up -- MB-9B28C4FE17EF0578 - Taken by Widdly Scuds
One Day For Ched -- MB-5FACDA65A9151F94 - Taken by WinterDemons
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-BBC0D797D030EE6E - Taken by Kurt Russell
Worms Blast -- MB-3ED02B60B212291F - Taken by electroflame
Platypus -- MB-FA4026F1EF7341DD - Taken by nja
War of the Roses : Kingmaker #2 -- MB-A2D14D5491F5A875 - Taken by Jadax
War of the Roses : Kingmaker -- MB-E1FBB4E012E33995 - Taken by NightmareTrigger
Lost Civilization -- MB-DBCB7F162964EF42 - Taken by roadrunn3r
Rogues Quest -- MB-DE4E60B9619B298A - Taken by nja
Face Noir -- MB-02F5F4D225F0A14C - Taken by Kiru
Level 22: Gary's Misadventures -- MB-4BF36CCC08AAC840 - Taken by WinterDemons
Antisquad -- MB-F5D82B954819E0E4 - Taken by nightstorm
Depth Hunter 2 : Deep Diver -- MB-3C83DB9858BAADC6 - Taken by Jadax
Worms Pinball -- MB-BDF878028D511DA2 - Taken by electroflame
Dead Hungry Diner -- MB-ACB4C6359231DDA8 - Taken by roadrunn3r
Superfrog HD -- MB-C7BC888DDFCFF703 - Taken by Kiru

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The Enhanced Steam Standalone beta has begun! This is a huge redesign of the alpha version and there are a lot of changes.
  • Enhanced Steam is moving from alpha to beta, expect bugs
  • Completely redesigned launcher
  • More seamless user experience - Steam is Enhanced when launcher is running
  • Enhanced Steam no longer requires editing your host files
  • Added the option to minimize to system tray
  • Updated the codebase to include more features
  • Updated the codebase to work with the new Steam store layout
  • Enhanced Steam will now check for updates automatically
  • Enhanced Steam now requires an administrator to run
  • The application is now Windows only
If you have the alpha version of Enhanced Steam Standalone, you'll need to remove it before running the beta version. Additionally, you may need to edit you hosts file (typically c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) to remove the two Steam-related entries.

Please remember: this software is still in beta and there will be bugs. I'll try to help resolve any issues you may be having, but please remember to be patient.

The beta can be downloaded directly from http://www.EnhancedSteam.com/standalone/. Please do not download Enhanced Steam from unknown sources.

Installation is simple, simply extract the contents of the ZIP file anywhere on your PC. Then simply launch Enhanced Steam.exe.

Thanks for your participation in the beta. I hope to improve the application even further based on your feedback!

Ozium

This is what Community did to us :(

Please stop fighting, thank you

ahh yes, don't want to upset the lord god king of steamgaf

sorry

edit: as far as what shadow says, it's bullshit... straight up. he is acting like it's only one instance in which he "was joking" (without ever changing the tone of his voice, odd how I can tell when the other people he mentioned are joking around but when shadow says something there is venom in his voice) and if it was a one-time occurence, sure, but when the same shit is said, in the same tone, over and over again then only a fool would believe it's "just a joke lol"

I have nothing against watching other people play, I have something against watching people play in order to make fun of them and laugh at their expense, this is just asshole behavior IMO but sure "everyone does it" whatever makes you feel better

Tenrius

So I played some Dynasty Warriors and it's much harder than I expected. I got killed in the second story mission twice (played as Lu Bu), which meant I had to start over.

MUnited83

For you.
The Enhanced Steam Standalone beta has begun! This is a huge redesign of the alpha version and there are a lot of changes.
  • Enhanced Steam is moving from alpha to beta, expect bugs
  • Completely redesigned launcher
  • More seamless user experience - Steam is Enhanced when launcher is running
  • Enhanced Steam no longer requires editing your host files
  • Added the option to minimize to system tray
  • Updated the codebase to include more features
  • Updated the codebase to work with the new Steam store layout
  • Enhanced Steam will now check for updates automatically
  • Enhanced Steam now requires an administrator to run
  • The application is now Windows only
If you have the alpha version of Enhanced Steam Standalone, you'll need to remove it before running the beta version. Additionally, you may need to edit you hosts file (typically c:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts) to remove the two Steam-related entries.

Please remember: this software is still in beta and there will be bugs. I'll try to help resolve any issues you may be having, but please remember to be patient.

The beta can be downloaded directly from http://www.EnhancedSteam.com/Standalone/. Please do not download Enhanced Steam from unknown sources.

Installation is simple, simply extract the contents of the ZIP file anywhere on your PC. Then simply launch Enhanced Steam.exe.

Thanks for your participation in the beta. I hope to improve the application even further based on your feedback!
"The page you are looking for cannot be found." :(

Great news though! I mostly use the client for everything so this is great news.

Omega

Banned
fun fact. we were all in mumble talking about pizza, asian food and other random shit until 6am EST the other day.

Another fun fact, Shadow thought he was Dr Phil and asked everyone to share their grievances that same night. None of this was ever brought up

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
"The page you are looking for cannot be found." :(

Great news though! I mostly use the client for everything so this is great news.

Sorry got carried away with my capitalization. Check my edit and it should be working now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
son of a WHORE! I done fucked up

Oi Bernardo, I need your sleazy portuguese connections, PM otw

edit: also lol at the drama. it is DELICIOUS. im surprised Ozium's posts werent deleted yet tho

AsylumX

This is what Community did to us :(

Please stop fighting, thank you

... or we can settle this like the men we are, with a GAME-OFF

The rules are simple, each one picks a game with a certain goal of your choosing and then we make a poll for a third one. Whoever wins 2 out of 3 is the manly man man, and we watch all this with Steam's new broadcasting thingy. It can be our personal GAF Fight Club.

Just think about it...

MayMay

Banned
Ozium.. oh god.. please.. no.. dont.. stahp

Shadow.. oh god.. please.. no.. dont.. stahp

Lol, I dont visit this thread for days - and when I check it out its you guys battling it out in here. :( Just.. move past that and lets play some Tabletop Simulator/CS later lol

fallout

Cool! In an interesting coincidence, Steam now fails to load saying: "Failed to load steamui.dll". Not your problem obviously, but I thought it was funny that I read your post and then tried to boot up Steam only to have it fail.

Top Bottom