• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Jawmuncher

It's all good man. No worries.

To another ninja.
---
So is DEAD OR ALIVE® 5 even a good fighting game? I like me fighting games even if I'm not good. Also lol perfect time to read the thread.

I think it's good. But i'm not some top tier fighting game expert.
It's nice and fast for a 3D fighter which is a lot of fun.

Omega

Banned

To another ninja.
---
So is DEAD OR ALIVE® 5 even a good fighting game? I like me some fighting games even if I'm not good. Also lol perfect time to read the thread.

Nope.

Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

me0wish

Also, has anyone played Joylancer at all?

Played the demo as it seemed VERY appealing to me especially with local multiplayer. I loved everything about the game except the gameplay, something felt.. missing? It doesn't seem to know whats its trying to be, try the demo as its pretty lengthy (and IMO, boring).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I love DOA with its easy flashy combos and especially stage transitions (although that part has been copied by other games since). The boobies were always incidental

Also I believe it always had great throws, and I love me some fancy throws in fighting games (my main reason why Tekken > VF)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I keep poking my head into the Guilty Gear Xrd thread and leaving with my heart broken.

Can I get a surprise Steam release for Christmas, Arc System Works? I've been good all year.

Accoun

It's either gaf or games.

Jshackles plz integrate Steam and GAF so we can play games here.

i thought you were Monk talking in third person for a couple of seconds..

Yeah, I got this avatar driven by MGSV trailer hype and some people indeed mistake me for Monk. Wonder if that's why he made his upside-down.
Maybe i'll change it one day. I actually have one ready (a waifu one), but Kojima is just too awesome and I'm not really into changing avatars often. Alternatively I could ggo back to my old Om avatar...

Omega

Banned
in terms of 3d fighters

Virtua Fighter > Tekken > Gundam > DBZ > Naruto > Dead or Alive

I will accept a swap between VF and Tekken. anything else is wrong

Ozium

in terms of 3d fighters

I disagree with your placement of Tekken but you are completely right about VF.

hail to the king, baby

Played the demo as it seemed VERY appealing to me especially with local multiplayer. I loved everything about the game except the gameplay, something felt.. missing? It doesn't seem to know whats its trying to be, try the demo as its pretty lengthy (and IMO, boring).

Interesting smiley -- let me know what you think?

?

Yeahhhh, I'm not really feeling it. Control wise, it's lacking quite a bit in that department. It's a shame, I love the overall aesthetic of it too. I'll keep tabs on it for when it releases, hope they fix it up : s

Shadownet

Banned
Nope.
I always thought people play DOA for the boobs and stuff. I never play a single one so I wouldn't know what the appeal is. From my understanding of the gaming culture. I thought Mortal Kombat, Street Fighters and Tekken are the superior fighting games.

doubtful.. I don't play as often and don't have the practice he does.. I'm not as good as shadow or others, and I'm not too arrogant to admit that.
You're actually better than most silvers I played with. You might have not been there for this conversation. But us guys had a conversation about all the CSGO players on GAF (that we play with anyway) and out of all the silvers. Only a few silver actually have been improving. You are in that group.

Now there is a group of players who seem to never ever improve at all. Those are the lost cause. But you are not one of them. You actually have gotten better since like August.
The only way to solve Steam community related arguments is in a 1v1 quickscope competition in CS:GO.
Then I might as well forfeit cause I'm terrible at sniping.

Omega

Banned
The only way to solve Steam community related arguments is in a 1v1 quickscope competition in CS:GO.
Chivalry, Man-at-arms, daggers only is better

I always thought people play DOA for the boobs and stuff. I never play a single one so I wouldn't know what the appeal is. From my understanding of the gaming culture. I thought Mortal Kombat, Street Fighters and Tekken are the superior fighting games.
They do.
Mortal Kombat...superior?

Street Fighter = Atsou
Mortal Kombat = those people i got an MP7 ace on

So more or less VF = Tekken? Because that's how it is for me.

Not really. I think VF is way better but they're different kinds of games, it comes down to which playstyle you like better

To another ninja.
---
So is DEAD OR ALIVE® 5 even a good fighting game? I like me some fighting games even if I'm not good. Also lol perfect time to read the thread.

I cannot abide a switch to a different ninja at this juncture.

As for DoA, it's always felt like a cheap Tekken ripoff to me. I haven't played much of it, but I occasionally and begrudgingly support it when it makes sense to do so. I bought the Vita version of DoA5 when it went on sale solely because I wanted to encourage Tecmo to port more stuff or make more games for Vita and now I've bought the Steam release in order to both foster Tecmo's recognition of PC as a platform it can sell things on as well as encourage Namco to bring Tekken 7 to PC, since there's a market for 3D fighters.

I keep poking my head into the Guilty Gear Xrd thread and leaving with my heart broken.

Can I get a surprise Steam release for Christmas, Arc System Works? I've been good all year.

We can hope for a port someday. ;| In the meantime, pick up BBCS2E when it drops.

in terms of 3d fighters

I don't know where I place most of those games.
All I know is when it comes to 3D fighters, for me it's Tekken > Soul Calibur > everything else.

I'd probably put VF ahead of DoA because of it's roots in the arcades, but even then... neither game clicks for me. I don't like their inputs, I don't like their combo systems (or lack thereof), etc.

The thing that's really bugged me about VF in recent years is that it's small but vocal fanbase touts it for it's "depth". I don't see it as deep at all... but I think that's because I cannot move past the fact that I don't really like whatever the game qualifies as a "combo system".

yoshimitsu is an interesting character , i used him quite a bit
in Street Fighter x Tekken

Now you've made me sad... I really hope that Capcom will become CAPGOD again by removing GFWL from SFxT.

Annubis

All I got from that big kerfuffle between Ozium and Shadow is that Ozium trusts me since he only quoted the second half.

happy-oh-stop-it-you.png

Ozium

Don't know if this was mentioned in the past two hours, but does anyone else get this?

iirc this happened before the summer sale too, I think it's just them getting things set up for a sale/meta game and wire get crossed

in otherwords

ronpaul.gif

MUnited83

For you.
Dead Or Alive is pretty good imo. Right there with Tekken as one of my favorites.

Last Round also comes out on my birthday, so I guess that sells me on the preorder.

Miguel81

The thing that's really bugged me about VF in recent years is that it's small but vocal fanbase touts it for it's "depth". I don't see it as deep at all... but I think that's because I cannot move past the fact that I don't really like whatever the game qualifies as a "combo system".

VF was always touted as having more depth than it's competitors. I remember this being around since VF2, at least. Spending a lot time on practice with Akira in VF5 is a painful experience, especially coming from Tekken & Soul Calibur.

I play fighting games for one reason:

Yoshimitsu

That guy gets around. Soul Calibur wouldn't have been the same without him.

Mokoi

Banned
Nope.

Oh ok. I value your opinion more than Jawmuncherc.
I cannot abide a switch to a different ninja at this juncture.

As for DoA, it's always felt like a cheap Tekken ripoff to me. I haven't played much of it, but I occasionally and begrudgingly support it when it makes sense to do so. I bought the Vita version of DoA5 when it went on sale solely because I wanted to encourage Tecmo to port more stuff or make more games for Vita and now I've bought the Steam release in order to both foster Tecmo's recognition of PC as a platform it can sell things on as well as encourage Namco to bring Tekken 7 to PC, since there's a market for 3D fighters.
Thanks for answer, and at least remove TEW from it. TEW was a decent game btw, and I only bought it for my PS4 just to have a excuse to play on it. I'll get it on PC in due time just for the +1 on my account.

Miguel81

Watch Dogs is running much better with a 290, but damn San Andreas has taken my full attention. There's just a lot more soul to that game, and the absurdity aspect is welcome after too many years of serious open-world games.

Edit: Don't know if I should skip out on Unity, because AC Victorian London is a much more enticing setting. Hopefully, the engine will be put to better use in that title.

best thing about tekken 2 was TEKKEN BOWL (that was 2 right?)

release a standalone tekken bowl app on steam and I will buy it immediately

I think Tekken Bowl was in Tekken Tag Tournament. Such a fun game. That and Tekken Ball.

Edit: With DoA coming to Steam, now I have to wish for Soul Calibur. My favorite fighting game.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting really close to finishing up the main storyline for State of Decay. It's probably one of the more enjoyable zombie games I've played.

edit: also lol at the drama. it is DELICIOUS. im surprised Ozium's posts werent deleted yet tho

I mean, it's not like the mods check in as often as they once did, so it's not much of a surprise :p

Yes and it pisses me off to no end.
Since neither are real games.

The metagames are the realest games, though, even if you can't play them anymore.

Ozium

Fake Colours was greenlit and they just posted an announcement stating they are working on the steam requirements.. hopefully it releases soon

the game was in indiegala debut 21 and groupees build a greenlight 12

Before I forget.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lost Civilization -- MB-9B2800E20A57D0E4 - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.
Metal Planet -- MB-9282B26E84E08984 - Taken by Tesseract. 1 entrants total.
Ichi -- MB-10116BBF40E0CB54 - Taken by RyanPierre. 2 entrants total.
Steel & Steam -- MB-F2726938E6207218 - Taken by autoduelist. 1 entrants total.
Sinister City -- MB-887F4AD8AF20D101 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.
Vanguard Princess -- MB-661106DAE500E6D5 - Taken by TheMadMan007. 1 entrants total.
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-10F3A053E44B3B11 - Taken by sensoft04. 1 entrants total.
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-75E0C64DF6BF7DB9 - Taken by XDDX. 1 entrants total.
Ballpoint Universe -- MB-B939BAD4252124C3 - Taken by lindarasta. 1 entrants total.

t1417745777z1.png

Fake Colours was greenlit and they just posted an announcement stating they are working on the steam requirements.. hopefully it releases soon

the game was in indiegala debut 21 and groupees build a greenlight 12

Looks like a nice puzzle game. Think I have one of those bundles.

Top Bottom