• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Jawmuncher

Dishonored for me was a case of where I think I just expected too much like Deus Ex Human Revolution. Just didn't live up at all to what I had read about it. Remember how the ball was described as such a great mission. It just came and went when I played. It's by no means bad thanks to to powers but it was really missing something. I played with a mix of stealth and action which worked for the most part. Better than HR anyway which was too much of a stealth game over anything else.

I especially agree with Zkylon on the characters.
Don't remember a soul aside from the mask.

Dishonored for me was a case of where I think I just expected too much like Deus Ex Human Revolution. Just didn't live up at all to what I had read about it. Remember how the ball was described as such a great mission. It just came and went when I played. It's by no means bad thanks to to powers but it was really missing something. I played with a mix of stealth and action which worked for the most part. Better than HR anyway which was too much of a stealth game over anything else.

The ball was my favorite part of the whole game. I stealthed my way into the hostess's room (at least I think that's who it was, it's been a while). My goal was to kill her but without setting off any guards. Well, I wasn't about to leave this party without giving it my own twist, so I tranq'ed the woman, put her over my shoulder, went over to a walkway that was right above the ongoing ball that was happening below, then proceeded to throw her unconcious body several stories down, landing smack dab in the middle of the whole affair. While the chaos and common of what just happened erupted below, I just slinked off, no one knowing or having any idea I was ever there.

It remains my favorite emergent gameplay moment ever.

Miguel81

The ball was my favorite part of the whole game. I stealthed my way into the hostess's room (at least I think that's who it was, it's been a while). My goal was to kill her but without setting off any guards. Well, I wasn't about to leave this party without giving it my own twist, so I tranq'ed the woman, put her over my shoulder, went over to a walkway that was right above the ongoing ball that was happening below, then proceeded to throw her unconcious body several stories down, landing smack dab in the middle of the whole affair. While the chaos and common of what just happened erupted below, I just slinked off, no one knowing or having any idea I was ever there.

It remains my favorite emergent gameplay moment ever.

Lady Boyle's Last Party was the most memorable part of the whole game. I wish there was more like it because it was just great the whole way through. The visual style was excellent as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
games that go in your inventory now cant be traded for 30 days, but they can be still gifted correct? I mean gifted from the inventory.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's a much better action game than a stealth one.
yeah i mean i didn't necessarily played it as an action game, but it was just more satisfying to like stick a knife in people rather than choking them. i dunno what about the animation but i really liked it lol

then if i got caught the chase was pretty cool with like the springrazor trap thingies that turn people into goo and shit

yeah in the end i was disappointed with some of its lack of deus ex-yness as well

also some of the limitations of the systems showed pretty hard, like disappering corpses and such. very annoying

still a pretty good game, but not a classic forever like thief or something

Lady Boyle's Last Party was the most memorable part of the whole game. I wish there was more like it because it was just great the whole way through. The visual style was excellent as well.
for sure, best part of the game. it was kind of buggy but it was also super enjoyable

i also generally enjoyed the first few missions a lot, the ones that were in the city and had a couple of sidequests and stuff

denx

So how do you use herbs and stuff from the item menu? It only gives me options to combine or discard objects. Talking about RE6.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
games that go in your inventory now cant be traded for 30 days, but they can be still gifted correct? I mean gifted from the inventory.

Yes. That's why I've been saying that the change doesn't really affect those who prefer to pay via PayPal. It only screws over those who prefer to pay via keys as it's no longer possible to do two-way trades with newly-bought gifts.

Ozium

Yes. That's why I've been saying that the change doesn't really affect those who prefer to pay via PayPal. It only screws over those who prefer to pay via keys as it's no longer possible to do two-way trades with newly-bought gifts.

have you fiddled with that dispenser gifting beta? I wonder if that will work well

edit: why is saorise so pensive in that pic?

zkylon

zkylewd
by the way the heart was one of my favorite ideas about dishonored

i think mindreading and similar things aren't done nearly enough in games

AHA-Lambda

Guys, I have to ask, does it seem like some developers/publishers are taxing us for buying from Steam?

I'm looking through the gog sale and not only are discounts deeper than the sale that just passed but the base prices are lower too o_O

zkylon

zkylewd
Guys, I have to ask, does it seem like some developers/publishers are taxing us for buying from Steam?

I'm looking through the gog sale and not only are discounts deeper than the sale that just passed but the base prices are lower too o_O

i don't think valve would allow that

JaseC

have you fiddled with that dispenser gifting beta? I wonder if that will work well

Nah, not yet. I am curious as to how it works since sending a gift to somebody doesn't remove the 30-day cooldown despite Valve saying that the restriction only applies when the gift is added to the purchaser's inventory.

edit: why is saorise so pensive in that pic?

Well:

(The source image is a newly-released still from Stockholm, PA.)

tmarg

Steam is the only site that hasn't started cutting their own 30% margin. They are the only retailer that doesn't need to.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
isnt Dec11th the release date of 13-2?

also, forgot to buy LoU on psn when it was on sale, guess im STILL not going to play it.

I would like to thank games with good art direction, purdy graphics or funny glitches for this monumental achievement.

z4kJVfm.png

JaseC

also, forgot to buy LoU on psn when it was on sale, guess im STILL not going to play it.

I'm holding out for the PS4 version. I was playing through the PS3 version when it released, but a mate continued without me and then spoiled... something.

Rhaknar

I'm holding out for the PS4 version. I was playing through the PS3 version when it released, but a mate continued without me and then spoiled... something.

it was the ps4 version. it was on sale for 1 day like 50% off I believe, yesterday I think. My I was basically in a coma yesterday and slept all day, I missed it and any kind of news that happened

Knurek

In other FF13 news, it looks like S-E aren't providing pre-release reviewing keys for FF13-2 PC. Could not mean anything, but I thought I'd mention it.

I'm guessing the graphics options will look like this:

Graphics? Yes / No
Resolution? 720p / 720p upsampled to native res

Rhaknar

I'm guessing the graphics options will look like this:

Graphics? Yes / No
Resolution? 720p / 720p upsampled to native res

except they already said it has more options this time when they announced the game, including 1080p

tmarg

yes it's really a great game, but I don't care about amiibo figures...

They seem extremely optional for that game, they basically just give you a slight amount of extra customization for bots in bot matches. So if they don't interest you, don't buy them.

There are a couple I might pick up, but they are ones that I expect will probably be useful in other games, and I think look pretty cool just as figures. They also don't come out until the end of February, so who knows if I'll still be interested by then.

Rhaknar

which has had several sales, some at 66%. Im not sure if its hit 75% yet tho, im sure there is someone out there that can say for sure. Someone in a magical make believe land called Australia

I mean come on, koalas? those arent real

Pranay

which has had several sales, some at 66%. Im not sure if its hit 75% yet tho, im sure there is someone out there that can say for sure. Someone in a magical make believe land called Australia

have missed out then, really want to play FF 7
before remake is revealed

JaseC

The internet at 1.47Mbps really sucks.

67% is almost 75%!

Top Bottom