• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | December 2014 - Read OP for winter sale questions

Miguel81

Damn, AMD is getting a down sampling tool built into the new drivers, called VSR, as well as, improving their drivers overall.

http://www.techspot.com/news/59074-amd-unveils-major-gpu-driver-update-catalyst-omega.html

I guess I jumped on the r290 deal just in time. Not bad for Team Red.

Aww, you've had the best then. It's all downhill now. I'm always on the lookout and end up a little disappointed when it comes to mood and sense of isolation.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Is this your prediction, or have you read about it somewhere?

The Winter Sale discounts have been the same as the Autumn Sale discounts for a good few years now, with the obvious exception of stuff that skips the latter and is only discounted during the former (such as the most recent AssCreed).

Deques

The Winter Sale discounts have been the same as the Autumn Sale discounts for a good few years now, with the obvious exception of stuff that skips the latter and is only discounted during the former (such as the most recent AssCreed).

Wait! Was Shantae discounted for 33% in the Autumn sale? I missed it then >.<

Speevy

Banned
Thankfully I know where to buy it for $5. And I have a boring and repetitive life that's broken and the worst. I'm sure it will be a very relatable experience c:

You'll like it at first. You're on this isolated world with tons of unique locales and you can run and jump, and there's a story you learn about through little messages.

It's just that the game never opens up, and several things don't work when you need them to. Like for example there's a machine you have to activate that lets you move things with these little robot arms, but it only works half the time. I also got stuck on the side of a mountain without a jetpack that I would need to get back to the game's main path.

It's an interesting idea for a game to be sure. They just didn't do a whole lot with it beyond the basic premise.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lifeless Planet was cool, if overly long. Speed is on...well...speed.

edit: damn it its Speev. I done fucked up :(

edit edit: also dont buy lifeless planet, I think I have a extra key somewhere , I can check later when I get home

Speevy

Banned
I'm by no means the definitive authority on anything. It was on early access when I played it last, so maybe they fixed some of the stuff that was wrong with it.

I paid $19.99 for it and felt bad afterwards. You're experience may differ.

Ozium

I'm by no means the definitive authority on anything. It was on early access when I played it last, so maybe they fixed some of the stuff that was wrong with it.

I paid $19.99 for it and felt bad afterwards. You're experience may differ.

I got it in a bundle

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Abomination, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Brawlhalla -- MB-4693D31229791B21 - Taken by Speevy
Enjoy

You'll like it at first. You're on this isolated world with tons of unique locales and you can run and jump, and there's a story you learn about through little messages.

It's just that the game never opens up, and several things don't work when you need them to. Like for example there's a machine you have to activate that lets you move things with these little robot arms, but it only works half the time. I also got stuck on the side of a mountain without a jetpack that I would need to get back to the game's main path.

It's an interesting idea for a game to be sure. They just didn't do a whole lot with it beyond the basic premise.

I dunno, I love minimalistic story telling like that, more often than not, I love ideas and art direction, as long as the heart is there, as long as it doesn't control miserably or crash all the time, or I run into issues too often, I'm generally pretty lenient. Thanks for the second opinion though, I honestly just looked at a steam review(lol) that pretty much said exactly what you did.

Lifeless Planet was cool, if overly long. Speed is on...well...speed.

edit: damn it its Speev. I done fucked up :(

edit edit: also dont buy lifeless planet, I think I have a extra key somewhere , I can check later when I get home

In one page you went from threatening to ban me to wanting to give me a free game. I don't know who to trust anymore, friend. You turn more than Big Show.

tmarg

Thanks for the giveaway. I think that code had been used though. Still, it's the thought that counts.

If you still want it, it's being given away free at mmobomb.com, but as you've noticed, they are having issues with duplicate keys, so you might have to try a few times to get a working one.

zkylon

zkylewd
Kind of an odd request, but I'm looking for something moody, and just straight up depressing and oppressive to play (in terms of story and atmosphere, not that it's a depressingly terrible game, or depression quest, or too the moon ). Just kinda lonely and desolate, I suppose.

steamcommunity.com/id/Aubin/games/?tab=all

There's a list of my games, if I already have something that I haven't touched, that's great, but I'm also open to buying something, or putting it on my wishlist for the upcoming Winter Sales. Thanks c:

my two recommendations (which you don't own) are dark souls and stalker

both games deal with very oppressive loneliness, dread, despair, fragility, that sort of thing

both are AAMAZING games you should play at one point in your life

not really great answers right now, but if you can wait a couple weeks you should grab both during the sale

my two recommendations (which you don't own) are dark souls and stalker

both games deal with very oppressive loneliness, dread, despair, fragility, that sort of thing

both are AAMAZING games you should play at one point in your life

not really great answers right now, but if you can wait a couple weeks you should grab both during the sale

Like I mentioned about with the entirety of the Souls series, I've crushed them on consoles, plats on all three on PS3 ; - ;

Also, STALKER. There's a few of'em-- Where do I start and is there controller support?

Ozium

If you still want it, it's being given away free at mmobomb.com, but as you've noticed, they are having issues with duplicate keys, so you might have to try a few times to get a working one.

for the full game or the beta?

I already have the beta but haven't played it yet..

tmarg

for the full game or the beta?

I already have the beta but haven't played it yet..

Seems to be the full game.

I played a bit of it. I don't think it's very good at this point, but it's EA so it might improve, and either way it's a free +1 I guess.

aku:jiki

tons of unique locales
Well... Like half a dozen unique locales and a lot of desert.

It's one of those games that I liked at first, felt indifferent about when I finished it and have learned to hate over time. The story is fucking stupid too.

tmarg

Why dont the games i want go on for massive discounts :|

baldurs gate , planesscape torment , FF 7 :(

I got BG and PT for less than $2 each, how much more discounted are you expecting?

I have no idea what FF7 usually goes for, my interest in returning to that game is pretty low these days.

zkylon

zkylewd
Like I mentioned about with the entirety of the Souls series, I've crushed them on consoles, plats on all three on PS3 ; - ;

Also, STALKER. There's a few of'em-- Where do I start and is there controller support?

i'd play shadow of chernobyl and installed the complete mod. it's kind of a resource hog but i think you can turn stuff off. if not, i actually play with oblivion lost mod which isn't as full of features but runs better on my computer

clear sky is just not that great (i don't think it's that bad either, but still) and i haven't played enough call of prypyat to recommend it

i'm not sure about controller support but i'm inclined to think that no. i don't think i'd recommend it in any case. it's a game that requires fairly good accuracy since the guns are so inaccurate for the better part of the game.

also i just thought of one more, a favorite of mine, the void. it goes for really cheap often (like 2.50 or something) and it's amazing. again, the things you mentioned, it's a very alienating game with a lot of hidden and confusing mechanics and very punishing difficulty and similarly unfriendly characters. also great art direction and great sound design

generally a fantastic, weird and moody game

Ozium

it's almost like there isn't a browser extension made by someone from this very community that details the lowest historical price of games

Pranay

I got BG and PT for less than $2 each, how much more discounted are you expecting?

I have no idea what FF7 usually goes for, my interest in returning to that game is pretty low these days.

Ill definately get them when they are 2$ each

I have holidays for few days, wanted to buy now, already purchased 64 games last 3 days , have limited budget

Why dont the games i want go on for massive discounts :|

baldurs gate , planesscape torment , FF 7 :(

I bought a big pack with all of them off of GamersGate for like... $2.50 over the summer?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

Bundle Includes:

Baldur&#8217;s Gate 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic: 91%] &#8220;&#8230;reigns supreme over every RPG currently available, and sets new standards for those to come&#8220; &#8211; PC Gamer Developer: Bioware

Icewind Dale 1 & 2 + Expansions [Average Metacritic 85%] &#8220;Once in a while, a game comes along that completely takes over your life. &#8220; &#8211; IGN

Planescape: Torment [Metacritic 91%] &#8220;Is it possible for a computer game to have the intellectual heft and emotional impact of a good book while remaining as captivating as a well-paced film? If so, the first candidate may well be Planescape: Torment. . &#8220; &#8211; New York Times

The Temple of Elemental Evil [Metacritic 71%] &#8220;A rock-solid RPG that faithfully re-creates a classic adventure.&#8220; &#8211; Gamespy

There's the bundle, it's a great value, honestly. Probably worth it at it's full price. It's not the enhanced stuff, but I think it has all the expansions and all that good stuff for all the games that have them. Check around winter sale time, might get a drop on it c:

i'd play shadow of chernobyl and installed the complete mod. it's kind of a resource hog but i think you can turn stuff off. if not, i actually play with oblivion lost mod which isn't as full of features but runs better on my computer

clear sky is just not that great (i don't think it's that bad either, but still) and i haven't played enough call of prypyat to recommend it

i'm not sure about controller support but i'm inclined to think that no. i don't think i'd recommend it in any case. it's a game that requires fairly good accuracy since the guns are so inaccurate for the better part of the game.

also i just thought of one more, a favorite of mine, the void. it goes for really cheap often (like 2.50 or something) and it's amazing. again, the things you mentioned, it's a very alienating game with a lot of hidden and confusing mechanics and very punishing difficulty and similarly unfriendly characters. also great art direction and great sound design

generally a fantastic, weird and moody game

The Void looks pretty great. Thank you : o

Ozium

Of course they could, there's always someone worse.

like Emilia Clarke

just kidding :p

edit: ok I am confused by that trailer.. granted I haven't seen the last two terminator movies but.. what? also Genisys or whatever? learn2greek

edit 2: so it's the same premise of the first movie? wut

Miguel81

I bought a big pack with all of them off of GamersGate for like... $2.50 over the summer?

http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection

There's the bundle, it's a great value, honestly. Probably worth it at it's full price. It's not the enhanced stuff, but I think it has all the expansions and all that good stuff for all the games that have them. Check around winter sale time, might get a drop on it c:

I picked up the same set from GG, and it's DRM-free which is cool. PT was the first I played and I enjoyed it's focus on narrative rather than combat.

tmarg

The only issue with the master collection is that you have to download the entire thing at once, which is kinda annoying if you only want to play one of the games. Especially since GG doesn't have the fastest download speeds around. They used to sell the games individually, which I how I got the BG and Icewind Dale games. Those were actually the GoG versions.

Deitus

edit: ok I am confused by that trailer.. granted I haven't seen the last two terminator movies but.. what? also Genisys or whatever? learn2greek

I don't think having seen the last two movies would really clear anything up.

But let me break it down for you. The producers of this movie realized that there are diminishing returns on ruining the Terminator franchise by making new terrible movies. So they set out to destroy the franchise once and for all by retconning the actual good movies in the series.

edit 2: so it's the same premise of the first movie? wut

What if instead of all of the events of the first movie happening, as soon as Kyle Reese arrives in the past a completely different sequence of events happens, because time travel. That's the premise.

Top Bottom